Gameplay - Actually Really Good?

Spend some time here chatting about Time and Eternity
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Gameplay - Actually Really Good?

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:53 am

kratoscar2008 wrote:Free lessens the impact but its still part that should had been in the game :cry:

Well, it is usually free in those cases because it is made after the fact.
Some games are in fact built upon it, Team Fortress 2 is a very different game on the PC than the un-updated console versions simply because they kept adding to it for free.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

kratoscar2008
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby kratoscar2008 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:05 am

Ringwraith wrote:
kratoscar2008 wrote:Free lessens the impact but its still part that should had been in the game :cry:

Well, it is usually free in those cases because it is made after the fact.
Some games are in fact built upon it, Team Fortress 2 is a very different game on the PC than the un-updated console versions simply because they kept adding to it for free.

Free DLC is rare.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:06 am

Depends on the game. Sometimes a little is free, sometimes a lot, sometimes tons and tons of content is made available at no charge. ^^
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:32 am

kratoscar2008 wrote:Since it has been some time since it hit Japan i thought they could had added it in the game like a GOTY (?) edition of sorts.

Im still considering it though, i really want to play this one.

Has there ever been a case where a Japanese game with paid DLC has included it for free in the US version?

Anyway, none of the DLC is core to the experience, it's all bonus scenes and CG images. If you decide not to get the main game because it will have extra DLC, that is of course your right. But for better or worse, DLC is here to stay.

kratoscar2008
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby kratoscar2008 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:06 am

Houk wrote:
kratoscar2008 wrote:Since it has been some time since it hit Japan i thought they could had added it in the game like a GOTY (?) edition of sorts.

Im still considering it though, i really want to play this one.

Has there ever been a case where a Japanese game with paid DLC has included it for free in the US version?

Anyway, none of the DLC is core to the experience, it's all bonus scenes and CG images. If you decide not to get the main game because it will have extra DLC, that is of course your right. But for better or worse, DLC is here to stay.

I want the game for the ecchi stuff and basically 90% of the reason to want the game is via DLC so im not sure anymore. I dont have too much knowledge regarding DLC as i not support it.

In any case have YOU guys played the game? Is the gameplay good? Im not asking the best gameplay ever but it would be reasurring to know that NISA enjoyed it.

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:28 am

Rednal wrote:Ooooh, nice~

Do you have any idea about the total cost for all DLC yet? It's okay if that hasn't been decided; I'm just curious about how much it is and how much content it'll add. ^^

I can just ask that in a later interview, actually. So you guys don't even need to answer now. XD

Well, thanks to Rednal and Houk Hogan, I have all the information I need to know about this game's DLC. Thanks brothers. Man, August or September is still a long ways away.
Blog: http://yurination.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @YuriAmbassador

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:47 pm

kratoscar2008 wrote:I want the game for the ecchi stuff and basically 90% of the reason to want the game is via DLC so im not sure anymore. I dont have too much knowledge regarding DLC as i not support it.

In any case have YOU guys played the game? Is the gameplay good? Im not asking the best gameplay ever but it would be reasurring to know that NISA enjoyed it.

Trust me, the game has plenty of that even without the DLC.

And yeah, a few of us have been able to spend some time with the game. I'm not going to say it's perfect, but it definitely has some really neat stuff going on in terms of visual presentation and gameplay, so we've definitely been having fun with it.

kratoscar2008
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby kratoscar2008 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Houk wrote:
kratoscar2008 wrote:I want the game for the ecchi stuff and basically 90% of the reason to want the game is via DLC so im not sure anymore. I dont have too much knowledge regarding DLC as i not support it.

Trust me, the game has plenty of that even without the DLC.

And yeah, a few of us have been able to spend some time with the game. I'm not going to say it's perfect, but it definitely has some really neat stuff going on in terms of visual presentation and gameplay, so we've definitely been having fun with it.

If you dont mind i will use this as quote on the Gamefaqs boards of T&E just to shut up some guys there.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:27 pm

There's no such thing as winning a debate on the internet. Especially if people have already made up their minds. ^^ Buuuuut... good luck anyway.

kratoscar2008
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby kratoscar2008 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Rednal wrote:There's no such thing as winning a debate on the internet. Especially if people have already made up their minds. ^^ Buuuuut... good luck anyway.

Its more for people interested not being swayed by the trolls and negativity there.

BlinkWinkel
Majin
Majin

Postby BlinkWinkel » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:21 pm

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Last edited by BlinkWinkel on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:30 pm

To be fair, it's not so much the usual JRPG haters as it is people who were expecting something much different and ended up disappointed in the end, or there is also the chances that quite a few of them haven't even played it yet and are already bashing it (doesn't seem very likely though). Honestly, i'm looking forward to this game. I'm pretty much hoping that it'll release at least late July (it probably won't), but at the same time I am aware that it's probably not going to be that incredible, at least not for very long.
It seems like it'll be enjoyable but eventually repetitive, more so than the average game because of how the combat is structured. I'm hoping that a significant variety of skills and attacks will keep things interesting, as well as the story which I think will actually be decent enough (just going by what I have read from the manga).

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:35 pm

I think the character switching helps at least some, and the fact that different enemies have different patterns means you can't do the same thing endlessly... it sort of demands involvement, apparently. ^^ But yeah, part of my goal with the interview was to help people get a good idea of what the game actually is, rather than what they imagine it to be...

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Gamefaqs...I mostly go there for info on unlockables and FAQs in case I get stuck. As for the message boards...yeah...there's a reason why I never created an account there. Frankly, the NIS forums will be the last entertainment forum site I will ever join. Frankly, the abundance of pessimism and lack of fun in gaming, wrestling, anime, manga and other hobby-centered forum sites were starting to get on my nerves. Then I heard from the guy from the ReviewZoneHD Youtube channel compliment the NIS fanbase on being one of the nicest fanbases he's seen in a while. After hearing that, I came here, being an NIS fan myself. So far, I am enjoying myself.

Back on topic, I highly doubt that I would drop T&E if it were to get repetitive. I have been playing JRPGs for 15 years and it takes something REALLY bad to upset me. The last time I got upset at a JRPG was Evolution Worlds for the Gamecube, but that was mainly due to its short length rather than the setting and gameplay.

On a personal note, I checked out the cast of women in the game and the one who got my undivided attention was Makimona. Rawr.
Blog: http://yurination.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @YuriAmbassador

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:45 pm

We have our awkward moments here, but it's true that this community is pretty friendly overall. :lol: Plenty of good stuff to go around.

Return to “Time and Eternity”