I regret buying this game.

Spend some time here chatting about Time and Eternity
epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

I regret buying this game.

Postby epikkhighh » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Its my fault for not researching into this game, and I shouldn't have immediately purchased it just because its a NISA LE.
If your playing it for the fanservice, then thats a different story.

For every game that I've played so far, all the (japanese) voice actors "matched" with the characters. (like atelier rorona. cordelia is a tsundere, and she sounds like one) Time and eternity (so far, like 1 hour in) everyone except towa does not match. It feels like they hired random people to voice over the characters.

the "tokis lips not syncing" isnt that huge to me, but gets annoying over time.

(more of a personal rant, but somewhat part of what im going to type next : the main character is a....whats the word im looking for....player?douche? if your a person that doesnt care about a girl being treated like that, thats cool, but I personally dont.)

Plot wise: it seems meh. Its cool that you can go back in time to prevent from something happening but I hear you have to do this multiple times.

Gameplay is unique, but kinda buggy. not my cup of tea.

I'll just have this as a LE for looks, wont sell it, but wont play it.

BeeMail
Vassal
Vassal

Re: I regret buying this game.

Postby BeeMail » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:50 pm

epikkhighh wrote:(more of a personal rant, but somewhat part of what im going to type next : the main character is a....whats the word im looking for....player?douche? if your a person that doesnt care about a girl being treated like that, thats cool, but I personally dont.)

Although being a stereotype, he is a type of man that does exist: In the beginning, he's an inexperienced young man who is fond of every woman he can get his hands on.

That does change during the game! :D

Spoiler:
After some time, he's really only interested in Toki / Towa.

The character voices being bad sometimes I think it's more of a technical issue (and several games suffer from this): They apparently didn't know that it's possible to scale up voice samples so that they're all the same volume (the developers should look at software like Audacity, which has lots of normalization / scaling features).

epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby epikkhighh » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:02 pm

BeeMail wrote:
epikkhighh wrote:(more of a personal rant, but somewhat part of what im going to type next : the main character is a....whats the word im looking for....player?douche? if your a person that doesnt care about a girl being treated like that, thats cool, but I personally dont.)

Although being a stereotype, he is a type of man that does exist: In the beginning, he's an inexperienced young man who is fond of every woman he can get his hands on.

That does change during the game! :D

Spoiler:
After some time, he's really only interested in Toki / Towa.

The character voices being bad sometimes I think it's more of a technical issue (and several games suffer from this): They apparently didn't know that it's possible to scale up voice samples so that they're all the same volume (the developers should look at software like Audacity, which has lots of normalization / scaling features).

yeah thats true. to the spoiler : ah okay. not really a spoiler, but thanks for the heads up lol.

well again, i dont think the seiyuu's/voice actors they hired for time and eternity (excluding towa) matched. toki seems like a dere/loving girl, but her voice actor sounds like....a ditzy person. maybe im just being picky, but they just felt "off" to me.

cress
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby cress » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:45 pm

epikkhighh wrote:if your a person that doesnt care about a girl being treated like that, thats cool, but I personally dont.

Treated... like... what, exactly?

I don't recall him mistreating anyone. He has a particular personality and thought process, that's for sure, but he never DOES anything to anyone that could be considered mistreating.

I wouldn't fault a man for being horny over every attractive woman he finds attractive, just as much as I wouldn't fault a woman for being horny over every man she finds attractive.

maykite88
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Location: With Altis plotting to conquer the universe together

Postby maykite88 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:12 am

cress wrote:
epikkhighh wrote:if your a person that doesnt care about a girl being treated like that, thats cool, but I personally dont.

Treated... like... what, exactly?

I don't recall him mistreating anyone. He has a particular personality and thought process, that's for sure, but he never DOES anything to anyone that could be considered mistreating.

I wouldn't fault a man for being horny over every attractive woman he finds attractive, just as much as I wouldn't fault a woman for being horny over every man she finds attractive.

I'm not too far in the game but I never pegged the man of being so malicious like that. I figured he was a lot like the main characters of those harem type animes or romantic comedies

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:34 pm

I was thinking of maybe getting this game some day, I don't like timed battles like it but everything else looks kinda cool

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:43 pm

I don't know if "timed" is the way I'd describe the battles... they ARE live-action, after all, albeit with a fairly limited movement range.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

maykite88
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Location: With Altis plotting to conquer the universe together

Postby maykite88 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:47 am

Rednal wrote:I don't know if "timed" is the way I'd describe the battles... they ARE live-action, after all, albeit with a fairly limited movement range.

It kinda reminds me slightly of those Mario & Luigi RPG games if anyone played them. It's just the whole timed dodging thing mostly

Bal-Sagoth
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Bal-Sagoth » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:42 pm

This game is nefariously bad.

Some games are bad by accident, I suspect this one to be bad on purpose, and the kind of bad that disguise itself as a "mhh, yeah, not so bad" or "so-so" at first.

It's a pain and it dulls the mind.

Pointless, meaningless ramblings between shallow characters, tiring combats with a boring battle system.

The only way to be more boring would have been for this game to be one of these ungodly "quick time event" games like Dragon's Lair or Time Gal where you suffer the whole animated thing and sometimes you're being asked to push a button.

But let's go deeper into it.

Shallow characters, unremarkable heroin(s), clichés everywhere, a perverted dragon narrator that succeeds in not being any fun, battles so boring that they become painful after a while, no challenge at all (and I'm not even a "challenge guy", I hate Dark Souls and hardcore challenging games, but there are fun easy games and boring easy games, and this one sure belongs to the second category), a monstruously botched camera on the field, maps... Oh, the maps... Should I talk about them?

There's a gap bewteen your position onscreen and your position on the full screen map, it adds to the general confusion and it's frustrating when you're trying to reach one of the pinpoints on the map...

The level system is grotesque, uninspired, the choices are useless, the magic system is confusing, and the scenario is uninteresting.

And that, coming from someone that's a real sucker for time paradoxes, is an indication of how bad it is.

That game is evil, it sucks all joys and hopes from you, steals your energy until you become a mindless husk.

Just like the ones in Mass Effect. By the intervention of some kind of poorly-written time paradox, those helpless souls who were psychically bled dry by the game ended up as husks in Mass Effect! Which was a much better game after all, so the change was welcome even if that meant being shot by Sheppard.

It's not that often that I raise such outrageous comments at a game, I geenrally am very lenient on the quality, I've been known for loving games people hate or find simply stupid or excessively badly devised, but this one as its special place in Hell.

Don't let it fool you, because that's why it does : fool people, lure humans into playing it until you're not even able to see its flaws anymore, eventhough you're not enjoying anything that you do.

I've seen bad games, and as I said, most of them were bad simply because thet were badly programmed.

But I think this one is very neatly programmed, and aims to consume your essence, your soul, your mind, or whatever you may call it.

Yes, I'm really excessive on purpose, but it's not too often that you see such masterpieces of awkwardness.

Generally, by your own standards, you're able to deem a game worthy of your money or not in a matter of hours.

But this one plays with your mind whilst you try to play with it, it tricks you into thinking it is a good little game, it feeds you poison and you think it's hope, hope that it will eventually become better once you advance in the game.

But no. Such is not the purpose of this game.

There was E.T. on the Atari, then there was Shaq Fu on too many game systems, and this generation as its own game, a spiral of madness devoting its existence to sucking all life and sanity from the minds of the poor fools who plays it.

The unsold E.T. copies were burried, never to be found again (except that they were found recently), there was a massive campaign in the internet to collect and destroy all Shaq Fu cartridges in existence, so, maybe, we should do the same with Tokitowa.

Because it's not just another bad game. It's a threat for any sane mind. And there are two developpers involved! Why? Why Imageepoch and Satelight?

Since then I don't even consider any Famitsu rating. 32 out of 40? Are you kidding me? THat's the sign my good firends, that a sign or I'm just some silly-bearded old goat! That's the sign that Famitsu has fallen prey to this infamous game.

Now if you would, a minute of silence for all the Famitsu testers who lost their souls playing this game. I shall not say rest in peace, for as long as this game lives, they shall never know any peace.

Beware the extreme noxiousness of this game, it's a soft, silent and deadly poison. Only those who survived knows the true measure of its inherent horror!

Even the AVGN wouldn't dare approach this horrendous piece of software, and he's been through a lot in ten years! After all, he has a family to take care of now. He has to act responsibly. (did I mention the atrocious lipsync?)

Mao Kag
Majin
Majin

Postby Mao Kag » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:00 pm

i wonder am i the only personne on the forum who actually liked the game?

is a fun light game it look a little like the neptunia game is some aspect and its based from a light novel who was also adapted on manga and anime tought i cant remember the name of those.

sure the voice feel off but the story is nice well it a easy to read trought game but anyway, the battle systeme is nice not the best ive seen so far but still foncionnal

for the guy well you id say most harem game then to actually have a stoic male main character so it refreshing to have a perverted one but maybe im the weird one

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:12 pm

It's definitely no masterpiece by any sense of the imagination but I still found it plenty enjoyable.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:44 pm

I realized a few minutes in that I was never going to enjoy the game if I forced my expectations onto it. :lol: So I started just relaxing and letting it do whatever it wanted, at whatever pace - and my enjoyment shot upwards. Time and Eternity is like a good book - you should take it slowly and savor it at a steady pace if you really want to enjoy it. It's probably better in a few long sessions than a bunch of shorter ones, too.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Rednal wrote:I realized a few minutes in that I was never going to enjoy the game if I forced my expectations onto it. :lol: So I started just relaxing and letting it do whatever it wanted, at whatever pace - and my enjoyment shot upwards. Time and Eternity is like a good book - you should take it slowly and savor it at a steady pace if you really want to enjoy it. It's probably better in a few long sessions than a bunch of shorter ones, too.

The thing about a good book is that it's a good book. Time and Eternity isn't a good game much less a good story. There is taking it slowly and savouring it which works in games like Journey and Bastion but those games were always providing something new. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with long levels and huge environments if Xenoblade Chronicles is a testament to anything. However, Time and Eternity's levels can only go so far before they begin repeating their overlong battles and environments.

And that's only the gameplay.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Porecomesis wrote:The thing about a good book is that it's a good book. Time and Eternity isn't a good game much less a good story. There is taking it slowly and savouring it which works in games like Journey and Bastion but those games were always providing something new. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with long levels and huge environments if Xenoblade Chronicles is a testament to anything. However, Time and Eternity's levels can only go so far before they begin repeating their overlong battles and environments.

And that's only the gameplay.

Sometimes I wonder if my tastes are just screwed up sometimes.

Aside from not having a Wii, I have absolutely no interest in "Xenoblade Chronicles" despite it supposedly being this amazing game.
Something similar can be said about "Bastion" for me.
I've finished "Journey" twice when I was at my friend's place and, while I appreciated what the game strived for, I ultimately had a lukewarm reaction towards it by the end.

"Time and Eternity" on the other hand, while very flawed in several areas, was able to keep me entertained for the entirety of the week I played it. It was quirky and very stupid at times, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless.

Memor-X
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Memor-X » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:10 pm

I liked it apart from the Player being a massive pervert

Spoiler:
Like being sat on my Toki or thanking a toad for getting Towa all slimy and her clothes become see-through

and it didn't help some of the other characters were annoying, Ricardo's constant hitting on Toki and Towa, how pointless Olden's questions where where most you'd get points for picking the perverted option byt if you kept true to your belief and Toki and Towa are equal to you for the last question you'll pass anyway. iNew's ranting on how he was "trendy" (probably the guy who came up with the idea to call Vegimite iSnack 2.0)

the story was fine if not confusing, with the final chapter finding out how all the side quests existed because of Toki/Towa actions then, but at least the battles kept you on your toes, the Ninja who could kill you in one hit if you didn't dodge at the right time, the ___lem's or vampires who would remain close up to you and put you into stun before knocking you down but some variants kept back

Spoiler:
Even Mokimona's fights were a bit tough until i fully utilized Time Magic to debilitate her abilities

However the one battle i was disappointed on was the final battle, you get Toki's/Towa's ultimate skill and you can see how the battle runs off trigger flags as after 1 attack you can't to any damage until you trigger a scene and then it's just the same attack to win.

Spoiler:
The endings weren't so bad but Toki's was kinda short and Towa's was much more fleshed out catering to her personality, the True ending was just a bit off as it didn't explain how the Mobious Loop was broken but with Toki and Towa remaining together

This happens to the the first game i got platinum as Alone in the Dark i got to make every combination to do that, i'd probably play this again just to see what ending i could get if i didn't aim for the true ending...if i ever get around to clearing my backlog of games
Vivio: Yay, Feito-mama and Nanoha-mana made love, properly too this time
Nanoha: Vivio dear, what gives you that idea
Vivio: Aunty Hayate said you'd yell out like when i yell out replying "I'm Coming!" to you
Nanoha: Ha-ya-TEEEE!

Return to “Time and Eternity”