eh, slightly good, wasnt worth waiting 1 year for me

Official The Guided Fate Paradox discussion forum
epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

eh, slightly good, wasnt worth waiting 1 year for me

Postby epikkhighh » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:26 pm

(minor spoilers)

so im just about done with this game, ~80% done i'd say, and I found it to be...slightly good. (I am biased towards NIS games lol) but I just couldn't fully "get into" it. the characters were...alright. it got to the point where I started to dis like some of them, I personally felt this was NIS's attempt to be "main stream" (along with the usual NIS comedy and plot) and It just didn't connect.

I felt the (japanese) voice actors NIS hired...were alright. I prefer good voice actors for games with heavy plot...and the voice actors they hired didn't "match" with the characters,for the most part.

plot was...really confusing. it switched from third person to second person to between all of the characters, and I felt the plot truly didn't shine till...the later half of the game.

overall I did enjoy it, felt like it was worth my $75, but I wouldn't recommend it to a non NIS/NISA fan

this is just what i personally feel though, im super niche and picky.... :P

Meepit
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: eh, slightly good, wasnt worth waiting 1 year for me

Postby Meepit » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:58 am

You know, I stopped playing at the end of Chapter 2.

I had really high hopes for this game, I did play it in English and the VA's were atrocious at some points. Then again, the Japanese voices seem worse in some cases. The wisher in Chapter 2, especially. This is the very first time in my life that I have skipped over story portions of any game, ever. The reason being, that character's voice was so annoying and redundant. A real shame.

The characters aren't very unique at all, even the protagonist seems very generic to me.

Definitely bummed about it.
PSN: MeepitVader

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm at the end of chapter 2 as well, really hating the game balance, the boss fights at the end are like 10X harder then the levels. Which makes it worse since your angel doesn't help. Not sure if I'll ever beat this guy.

Not going to get these style of games anymore, I'm sticking with moe ones.

sathriel
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby sathriel » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:27 pm

darkrchaos wrote:I'm at the end of chapter 2 as well, really hating the game balance, the boss fights at the end are like 10X harder then the levels. Which makes it worse since your angel doesn't help. Not sure if I'll ever beat this guy.

Not going to get these style of games anymore, I'm sticking with moe ones.

Bosses are harder than the mobs on their way? Do not say :ugeek: 10x, huh? Exaggerating much?

I would agree with Meepit, gameplay is fine as it is mostly ZHP reskinned but the characters and their VAs are horrible.

Captain Prinny
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Captain Prinny » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:09 am

I don't know, I'm having fun but there is one thing I hate, story mode, every frikin floor you get interrupted to tell you the story, every frikin floor.

All the options they give you when it comes to play in the dungeons is a serious downgrade from ZHP, even synthesis feel like a step down.

warthriller
Vassal
Vassal

Postby warthriller » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:07 pm

TGFP is the best dungeon crawler I've played since Chocobo's Dungeon on the PS1. I don't really think it's as difficult as people make it out to be. The first two chapters were hard because you have to learn how to play the game but after that it just becomes pure strategy.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Captain Prinny wrote:I don't know, I'm having fun but there is one thing I hate, story mode, every frikin floor you get interrupted to tell you the story, every frikin floor.

All the options they give you when it comes to play in the dungeons is a serious downgrade from ZHP, even synthesis feel like a step down.

And do you know why having a cutscene every floor is bad? Because the characters don't say anything interesting and the voice acting can only do so much to improve it. I don't think the voice acting is bad but even if I find it mediocre at times but for the most part it's as good as it can be with boring dialogue.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Laharl2nd » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:43 am

cinderella called the stepmother a bitch that was priceless dood. I feel like im the only one here who loves NISAS spin on scripts to make them hilarious this is no exception most of the cutscenes are entertaining for one reason or another.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:12 pm

Laharl2nd wrote:cinderella called the stepmother a bitch that was priceless dood. I feel like im the only one here who loves NISAS spin on scripts to make them hilarious this is no exception most of the cutscenes are entertaining for one reason or another.

The dialogue itself is boring but what NIS is trying to accomplish with it is very good. I enjoy the humor in some of the games NISA has translated. Disgaea 4 is a good example of that I. But the humor that's used in some of their games is either boring or just plain bad. The Angel with big breasts makes a bunch of sex jokes that are supposed to be funny but are awkward.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby perrandy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:34 am

just started playing the game but had to quit because quite frankly the gameplay just wasnt for me and i also found the voiceovers to be rather mediocre but to their credit i found some of the jokes hilarious.specially the "cinderella" event .to be fair, i dislike roguelikes so that's maybe why i disliked this game. :|

ArchfiendofPurinīi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ArchfiendofPurinīi » Fri May 16, 2014 9:36 am

I don't know; my sister hates Zelda, yet she loves this game?! Which, I find weird. As far as I'm concerned, this tittle has been able to help breathe some life back into a some what stagnant genre. I rather enjoy this game and I thank NISA & NIS for bringing it over.
Haikyo-sha Purinii Buntai

neonie wrote: Everything about Ryouna just makes my pants tight.

Return to “The Guided Fate Paradox”