Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
User avatar
kurobara
Majin
Majin
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:34 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby kurobara » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:26 pm

MegaJesse wrote:
TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:
MegaJesse wrote:Can we just, idk. Play the game and enjoy it for what it's worth?

While I can certainly agree with this, any legitimate criticism shouldn't be overlooked. While some of it is complaining for the sake of complaining, not everyone will enjoy the same thing as much as another person. Perhaps it's an issue of people just not wanting to move on?



It's not so much that criticism should be avoided, the criticism given here isn't even constructive to say the least. I find unvalid points of criticism as simple troll posts or nit-pickiness up the wazoo. :?

^this
Image

User avatar
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5663
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Report and ignore, simple enough. Responding to a troll post isn't going to make them go away. If anything, they'll just troll more and that wouldn't be good for anyone.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:38 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:Report and ignore, simple enough. Responding to a troll post isn't going to make them go away. If anything, they'll just troll more and that wouldn't be good for anyone.

That's what the ignore list is for.
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

User avatar
burai97
Majin
Majin
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby burai97 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Zetsubear wrote:
TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:Report and ignore, simple enough. Responding to a troll post isn't going to make them go away. If anything, they'll just troll more and that wouldn't be good for anyone.

That's what the ignore list is for.

agreed. besides, it's not like she hasn't brought this up already more than once.
Image

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby Seventh » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:53 pm

MegaJesse wrote:
TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:
MegaJesse wrote:Can we just, idk. Play the game and enjoy it for what it's worth?

While I can certainly agree with this, any legitimate criticism shouldn't be overlooked. While some of it is complaining for the sake of complaining, not everyone will enjoy the same thing as much as another person. Perhaps it's an issue of people just not wanting to move on?

It's not so much that criticism should be avoided, the criticism given here isn't even constructive to say the least. I find unvalid points of criticism as simple troll posts or nit-pickiness up the wazoo. :?

Frankly, this just makes you sound just as bad. "I don't find this thing important/valid, so no one should, and people that do are just being nitpicky or are trolls." So you don't prioritize the same things as others - using the same logic you are, I could turn around and say that just means you don't have as much integrity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about DR, but while Alice's way of expressing their complaints could use work, there is at least, at least, a little validity to some of them, however small that little bit may or may not be.
Image

User avatar
MegaJesse
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:44 pm
Location: Hope's Peak Academy

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby MegaJesse » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Seventh wrote:
MegaJesse wrote:
TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:
MegaJesse wrote:Can we just, idk. Play the game and enjoy it for what it's worth?

While I can certainly agree with this, any legitimate criticism shouldn't be overlooked. While some of it is complaining for the sake of complaining, not everyone will enjoy the same thing as much as another person. Perhaps it's an issue of people just not wanting to move on?

It's not so much that criticism should be avoided, the criticism given here isn't even constructive to say the least. I find unvalid points of criticism as simple troll posts or nit-pickiness up the wazoo. :?

Frankly, this just makes you sound just as bad. "I don't find this thing important/valid, so no one should, and people that do are just being nitpicky or are trolls." So you don't prioritize the same things as others - using the same logic you are, I could turn around and say that just means you don't have as much integrity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about DR, but while Alice's way of expressing their complaints could use work, there is at least, at least, a little validity to some of them, however small that little bit may or may not be.


Well everyone has a right to express whatever they want and all. But without a detailed explanation, how can one take another seriously? If one can take time to make some valid points and try to prove their points in a genuine manner, then it's a different story. Sorry, but anyone who pretty much is like "WHY IS IT BLACKENED, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE IT'S TOO LITERAL" or something like that, is a person who would be pretty hard to take serious in terms of criticism.

tl;dr context is everything
Image
Image
Dance with me, the Para Para

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby Seventh » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:05 pm

MegaJesse wrote:Well everyone has a right to express whatever they want and all. But without a detailed explanation, how can one take another seriously? If one can take time to make some valid points and try to prove their points in a genuine manner, then it's a different story. Sorry, but anyone who pretty much is like "WHY IS IT BLACKENED, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE IT'S TOO LITERAL" or something like that, is a person who would be pretty hard to take serious in terms of criticism.

tl;dr context is everything

All I'm really reading here is "if they don't express themselves the way I would and/or the way I approve of, it doesn't count," and I'm sorry, but that's a bad attitude to have no matter how you slice it. :?

Who are you to say the opinion of someone else isn't "genuine"? That's not to say I think Alice specifically is or isn't, but as you're saying this in general, I have to say that that's just such a silly thing to say. If you don't like something or think something was done badly, all you should really need to say is you don't like it or you think it was done badly. Really, what explanation was needed for the yen/dollar thing, for example? Or some of the things Alice has said about names? Those have all been plenty straightforward, I would think.
Image

User avatar
ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1096
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Seven Sages Headquarters

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby ArmedDragoon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:38 pm

All I'll say here is that saying "I sure find it a problem that people refer to each other by their first names in the localization just like how is appropriate for the region instead of the Japanese way!" makes you look incredibly weird. In a localization, the decision of changing currency is debatable. Following basic language conventions is not.
Image
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

User avatar
MegaJesse
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:44 pm
Location: Hope's Peak Academy

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby MegaJesse » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Seventh wrote:
MegaJesse wrote:Well everyone has a right to express whatever they want and all. But without a detailed explanation, how can one take another seriously? If one can take time to make some valid points and try to prove their points in a genuine manner, then it's a different story. Sorry, but anyone who pretty much is like "WHY IS IT BLACKENED, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE IT'S TOO LITERAL" or something like that, is a person who would be pretty hard to take serious in terms of criticism.

tl;dr context is everything

All I'm really reading here is "if they don't express themselves the way I would and/or the way I approve of, it doesn't count," and I'm sorry, but that's a bad attitude to have no matter how you slice it. :?

Who are you to say the opinion of someone else isn't "genuine"? That's not to say I think Alice specifically is or isn't, but as you're saying this in general, I have to say that that's just such a silly thing to say. If you don't like something or think something was done badly, all you should really need to say is you don't like it or you think it was done badly. Really, what explanation was needed for the yen/dollar thing, for example? Or some of the things Alice has said about names? Those have all been plenty straightforward, I would think.


No, I don't mean they have to express themselves the way I want them to, they should just express what they think with valid points that express their credentials, because otherwise it sounds like complaining. I'm kinda coming off the wrong way because I'm not sure how to explain this properly.

Euh, I'm just used to people complaining/trolling on the internet these days without giving some sort of evidence to back their claims. So it's not that I need to approve what they say, I just feel that they just need to back up their credentials. That's just how things work.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so whatever
Image
Image
Dance with me, the Para Para

User avatar
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5663
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:55 pm

MegaJesse wrote:But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so whatever

This.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby Mirai » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:59 pm

Well when it comes to this, as long as you follow the rules and regulations on this board. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, however this is the important part, if you are willing to post your opinion on this forum then you need to be prepared to have your opinion criticised by others and giving opinions like "Kyoko is the stupidest character among the DR1 cast" (yes that was exaggerated) will highly increase your chances of people criticising you to the point you would be considered a troll. To put it simply just as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, everybody is entitled to agree/disagree with that opinion, It works both ways. If you don't want this to happen, then the best thing to do would be to not post your opinion.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby Seventh » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 pm

ArmedDragoon wrote:All I'll say here is that saying "I sure find it a problem that people refer to each other by their first names in the localization just like how is appropriate for the region instead of the Japanese way!" makes you look incredibly weird. In a localization, the decision of changing currency is debatable. Following basic language conventions is not.

The game takes place in Japan, the characters are Japanese, all of this was localized as such, and so on and so forth. Why is "appropriate for the context of the game" not relevant? The region the game takes place in is Japan, so technically, they aren't speaking in a region appropriate way.

To that end, I'd say saying "saying 'thing I disagree with' makes you look weird" makes you look worse than the person saying the "thing" in question. :? Surely there was a better way to word that? :(

MegaJesse wrote:No, I don't mean they have to express themselves the way I want them to, they should just express what they think with valid points that express their credentials, because otherwise it sounds like complaining. I'm kinda coming off the wrong way because I'm not sure how to explain this properly.

Euh, I'm just used to people complaining/trolling on the internet these days without giving some sort of evidence to back their claims. So it's not that I need to approve what they say, I just feel that they just need to back up their credentials. That's just how things work.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so whatever

Er. You start off saying "I don't mean they have to express themselves the way I want them to," which is awesome, but... you just kind of spend the rest of the post saying they do? People can't say they don't like something or disagree with a decision without having to give an essay on why? That's silly. Sometimes people just like or dislike or agree with/disagree with things because they just do. Somethings they feel the way they do and can't express themselves or just don't want to, or perhaps they don't feel there is anything to be gained from the situation. There are countless reasons for why "reasons" might not be given beyond "the complaint isn't a valid one" - not to mention the fact that it still might be valid even if that person can't give reason as to why.

Yes, there are trolls out there, but taking a "guilty until they prove themselves innocent stance" with everyone just comes off as much too extreme to me. The trolls will show they're trolls without issue, as they do here. That's no reason to treat everyone else like they might be, is it?

That said, as this is no longer about the game, we should probably wrap this up within the next post or so, if that's okay with you - and I hope I don't come across as too harsh, but it's a mindset I've seen before and the harshness of it and dismissiveness towards the other person in question just baffles me.

Mirai wrote:Well when it comes to this, as long as you follow the rules and regulations on this board. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, however this is the important part, if you are willing to post your opinion on this forum then you need to be prepared to have your opinion criticised by others and giving opinions like "Kyoko is the stupidest character among the DR1 cast" (yes that was exaggerated) will highly increase your chances of people criticising you to the point you would be considered a troll. To put it simply just as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, everybody is entitled to agree/disagree with that opinion, It works both ways. If you don't want this to happen, then the best thing to do would be to not post your opinion.

Very true! On the other hand, you aren't required to defend anything you say in the way that is being described here either, and if that has consequences for that person, then it does.
Image

User avatar
MegaJesse
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:44 pm
Location: Hope's Peak Academy

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby MegaJesse » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:12 pm

MegaJesse wrote:No, I don't mean they have to express themselves the way I want them to, they should just express what they think with valid points that express their credentials, because otherwise it sounds like complaining. I'm kinda coming off the wrong way because I'm not sure how to explain this properly.

Euh, I'm just used to people complaining/trolling on the internet these days without giving some sort of evidence to back their claims. So it's not that I need to approve what they say, I just feel that they just need to back up their credentials. That's just how things work.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so whatever

Seventh wrote:Er. You start off saying "I don't mean they have to express themselves the way I want them to," which is awesome, but... you just kind of spend the rest of the post saying they do? People can't say they don't like something or disagree with a decision without having to give an essay on why? That's silly. Sometimes people just like or dislike or agree with/disagree with things because they just do. Somethings they feel the way they do and can't express themselves or just don't want to, or perhaps they don't feel there is anything to be gained from the situation. There are countless reasons for why "reasons" might not be given beyond "the complaint isn't a valid one" - not to mention the fact that it still might be valid even if that person can't give reason as to why.

Yes, there are trolls out there, but taking a "guilty until they prove themselves innocent stance" with everyone just comes off as much too extreme to me. The trolls will show they're trolls without issue, as they do here. That's no reason to treat everyone else like they might be, is it?

That said, as this is no longer about the game, we should probably wrap this up within the next post or so, if that's okay with you - and I hope I don't come across as too harsh, but it's a mindset I've seen before and the harshness of it and dismissiveness towards the other person in question just baffles me.


The only reason I believe that reasoning should be provided is because I've sorta believed in this for awhile now. I do graphic design work and there's a lot of times where I simply must explain why I did things a certain why or why I think an element works well or why it does not, you could say that this probably formed a habit in me outside of the working environment if anything. In which I apologize if my line of thinking offends anyone. I truly don't mean harm, I've just dealt with people who are really stubborn and sometimes I just don't show much mercy... :lol: (Although one can say the same for me..)

I don't mean to fight or anything, I know I made this really convoluded and confusing, but we're all gamers in the end and that's something we all share in common. Sorry about all that :)
Image
Image
Dance with me, the Para Para

User avatar
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5663
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Back to the game itself, how many of the cases would you say were obvious before the trial started? Use spoiler tags as necessary.

For me...
Spoiler:
Leon was too obvious. Of course, it was the tutorial trial.
Sakura was the next one I immediately knew. She's simply too tough to be killed by mortal hands.
I also knew Celeste was guilty roughly the time I got to the physics lab.


The others surprised me though.
Spoiler:
Mostly because of evidence that was presented during the trial.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:49 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:Back to the game itself, how many of the cases would you say were obvious before the trial started? Use spoiler tags as necessary.

For me...
Spoiler:
Leon was too obvious. Of course, it was the tutorial trial.
Sakura was the next one I immediately knew. She's simply too tough to be killed by mortal hands.
I also knew Celeste was guilty roughly the time I got to the physics lab.


The others surprised me though.
Spoiler:
Mostly because of evidence that was presented during the trial.

Chapter 1, 3, 4

Spoiler:
Chapter 1: The dying message was too easy. Just turned my Vita upside down and BAM. :/


Spoiler:
Chapter 3: I knew Taka and Hifumi were going to die because they were disputing over Alter Ego. Celeste was acting way too off and pretty much gave herself away.


Spoiler:
Chapter 4: Do I have to explain this?
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest