Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: NISA: Exciting Game and Anime Announcements at Anime Exp

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 pm

NIS America is my hero, they've helped me find RPGs that are much more exciting than the average "Final Fantasy", "Tales of" etc which don't seem exciting to me. This is the first time I've seen a NISA ad so pretty much anything is exciting to me at the moment. I'm kind of a new forum user so I was actually expecting a mysterious "non-NIS or CH game" going to be announced because the company is courageous in bringing the nicheness unlike BandaiNamco who won't even localize their own games.

So um, what kind of non-niche games here have been an exciting releases by NIS America? A YURIYURI release definitely sounds exciting (and niche?). I'm taking a guess that NIS America got their fans because they catered to the niche gaming minority.
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:41 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:NIS America is my hero, they've helped me find RPGs that are much more exciting than the average "Final Fantasy", "Tales of" etc which don't seem exciting to me. This is the first time I've seen a NISA ad so pretty much anything is exciting to me at the moment. I'm kind of a new forum user so I was actually expecting a mysterious "non-NIS or CH game" going to be announced because the company is courageous in bringing the nicheness unlike BandaiNamco who won't even localize their own games.

So um, what kind of non-niche games here have been an exciting releases by NIS America? Way of the Samurai 4 (couldn't find a better example)? A YURIYURI release definitely sounds exciting (and niche?). I'm taking a guess that NIS America got their fans because they catered to the niche gaming minority.

LOL
http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=n&article=pbomb/PrinnyBomb_Vol350.html
EDIT
Oh wait you wrote "Yuri Yuri", but that's not an anime yet. Still, I feel rather embarrassed for not realizing this...
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:00 pm

vampko wrote:LOL
EDIT
Oh wait you wrote "Yuri Yuri", but that's not an anime yet. Still, I feel rather embarrassed for not realizing this...

So wait a minute, I've been reading the name all these times!???? lol

I probably feel just as embarrassed as you. Anyways, it's good that they announced it previously because now I'm going to watch it.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:05 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:So um, what kind of non-niche games here have been an exciting releases by NIS America? Way of the Samurai 4 (couldn't find a better example)?

NISA just handled the european publishing of Way of the Samurai 4, the real company in charge of the game was XSEED.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Shizuka wrote:A company is either growing, or shrinking. I don't think NISA's shrinking, not thanks to the games, but because of the anime they're continuously releasing.

NISA is growing, just not in the way some people want them to. I'm sure they're trying to find their next Gust company. Maybe it'll stay Compile Factory, maybe it'll be something else unexpected. I think NISA won't try anything like Xseed does anytime soon, at least not until they feel it is "safe" to take risks again.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:09 pm

lopez wrote:NISA is growing, just not in the way some people want them to. I'm sure they're trying to find their next Gust company. Maybe it'll stay Compile Factory, maybe it'll be something else unexpected. I think NISA won't try anything like Xseed does anytime soon, at least not until they feel it is "safe" to take risks again.

They have, it's Imageepoch.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Shizuka wrote:NISA just handled the european publishing of Way of the Samurai 4, the real company in charge of the game was XSEED.

Sorry about the confusing, I played Way of the Samurai Series back in the past with a friend and it was fun. I guess that's two mistakes in one post so I'mma edit that out but the Yuru Yuri was pretty funny.

I guess I can't find any non-niche NIS America games then.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Shizuka wrote:
lopez wrote:NISA is growing, just not in the way some people want them to. I'm sure they're trying to find their next Gust company. Maybe it'll stay Compile Factory, maybe it'll be something else unexpected. I think NISA won't try anything like Xseed does anytime soon, at least not until they feel it is "safe" to take risks again.

BRS and Time & Eternity? Anything else coming up?

MountainFresh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby MountainFresh » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Didn't read the first post or any thereafter, but I hope that MGZ or PP come over.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:27 pm

Shizuka wrote:

Imageepoch is a sad sad alternative to Gust. Not sure how you could even compare the two :?

Compile Heart would be much closer to being the 'replacement' for Gust. Their games sell out consistently, and NISA's done a pretty strong job of bringing each one over.

chouchou's peon wrote:
vampko wrote:LOL
EDIT

So wait a minute, I've been reading the name all these times!???? lol

I probably feel just as embarrassed as you. Anyways, it's good that they announced it previously because now I'm going to watch it.

Ah

Well, Yuri Yuri is a decidedly more serious work that's about different characters. Well it's sorta like a reboot? But the original, Yuru Yuri is still running of course. Volume 10 just released not too long ago.
Last edited by vampko on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:28 pm

lopez wrote:BRS and Time & Eternity? Anything else coming up?

From recent releases, they have Final Promise Story, Sol Trigger and Fate/Extra CCC. All PSP games, though.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Shizuka wrote:
lopez wrote:BRS and Time & Eternity? Anything else coming up?

From recent releases, they have Final Promise Story, Sol Trigger and Fate/Extra CCC. All PSP games, though.

I'm talking about being localized by NISA. If NISA does another PSP game, I will seriously be shocked.

Vailor
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Vailor » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Maybe they will shock us with Conception II from Spike Chunsoft. They have been looking for someone to bring over both Conception 1 and 2 to the west.

It would be a good pick up that may lead to other Spike Chunsoft games like the Danganronpa games.
NA account
Feel free to add me
PSN: celestar

Figure Collection
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Vailor

epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby epikkhighh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:44 pm

vampko wrote:
Shizuka wrote:
vampko wrote:
Beedlebud wrote:Not Mugen Souls or Neptunia games. It's so safe NISA. That isn't what I'd call "exciting" at all.

Honestly...who cares?

Most people. NISA won't grow its fanbase catering the niche of the niche with more of the same NIS and Compile Heart games, this has been said ad nauseam.

Why do they need to? As long as they can continue bringing over great games, why should they start catering to other audiences only to bring out games I really don't want?

I mean, I'd be happy for NISA to grow more but all the same, the localization of niche titles is dying out. Most of the games that a lot of people want I really don't care for.

It's already hard enough to find a game that's been localized that I actually want to truly play.

I'm not saying my view is one that others should take, but I just don't see why NISA HAS to start taking on other games when they still have a fair few games from their normal sources that are amazing and deserve localization.

If they can do both though, that's great! I just don't want something like Battle Princess being jumped over for another game. Well, unless NISA were to bring over something like [email protected] 2 or something super way out there.

this. this how i feel :p

SuperNipah
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby SuperNipah » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:48 pm

If anyone will bring over Danganronpa 1&2, it'll be Aksys. NISA isn't likely to bring over any visual novel-like games, I think.

I wouldn't mind them bringing over Conception 2 though, that would be a silly and fun game. :P

My best hope for NISA's announcements is that they're bringing over the Neptunia Vita games, and Sei Madou Monogatari. The Vita needs more love over here, anyway.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”