For Your Consideration: The Rest of the Voice Cast

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: For Your Consideration: The Rest of the Voice Cast

Postby Rednal » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Hmm... think about it like this: NISA's usually pretty good about bringing over games in a series. If DR:THH sells at least reasonably well over here, there's a decent chance they'll go for the sequel as well. ^^ So the best thing you can do to get the second game, short of trying to fund it yourself (personally or through some crowdfunding method) is to try and raise awareness for this game, convince others to buy it, and order it yourself when you can.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:41 pm

I really hope it doesn't flop like Mugen Souls. :(

element
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby element » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Shizuka wrote:I really hope it doesn't flop like Mugen Souls. :(

I have a good feeling it'll do good (atleast good enough to get the 2nd game). Just look at some other VN games in America, 999 and Virtues Last Reward. The Phoenix Wright games (there's what 5 or 6 of them already). They keep doing good enough to get more games brought over here so I don't have any doubt that Danganronpa will sell good too.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:38 pm

I hope every single fan on Tumblr buys a copy, that alone will make the sales higher than D3 Vita.

Mitsukai
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Mitsukai » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:21 am

Rednal wrote:Hmm... think about it like this: NISA's usually pretty good about bringing over games in a series. If DR:THH sells at least reasonably well over here, there's a decent chance they'll go for the sequel as well. ^^ So the best thing you can do to get the second game, short of trying to fund it yourself (personally or through some crowdfunding method) is to try and raise awareness for this game, convince others to buy it, and order it yourself when you can.

Your absolutely right, it's just that the thing that confuses me is that in Japan, the Vita version of Danganronpa getting releases is a combo pack; both the first and second game on a single cart. It's rather upsetting that NISA decided to split them apart when they were both available that way, even if it was for safety's (i.e. their profit margin's) sake.

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:51 pm

As much as I like Erin Fitzgerald, I don't think she'd give Asahina the love she needs. ♥

Shizuka wrote:I know Laura Bailey is expensive, but NISA should get back to a tad more expensive VAs and get her to do one of the characters for the next game.

Thinking about it now, Laura Bailey would do a nice Sayaka.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Mitsukai wrote:
Rednal wrote:Hmm... think about it like this: NISA's usually pretty good about bringing over games in a series. If DR:THH sells at least reasonably well over here, there's a decent chance they'll go for the sequel as well. ^^ So the best thing you can do to get the second game, short of trying to fund it yourself (personally or through some crowdfunding method) is to try and raise awareness for this game, convince others to buy it, and order it yourself when you can.

Your absolutely right, it's just that the thing that confuses me is that in Japan, the Vita version of Danganronpa getting releases is a combo pack; both the first and second game on a single cart. It's rather upsetting that NISA decided to split them apart when they were both available that way, even if it was for safety's (i.e. their profit margin's) sake.

Danganronpa is the size of your average visual novels. Visual novels have a lot of text to translate, and usually don't sell well enough in comparison to RPGs, which sell better and have less text. Most people are saying this because we got the fan translation, and just want the next game, but we're lucky enough to be getting an official release in the first place, specially since it'll be the improved version.

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:04 pm

I really, really hope it sells well so we can get the second game.

Pichu0102
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Pichu0102 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:52 pm

I hope that the class trials will get full dubbed voice acting.

EDIT: This is why you read the topic before posting.
Houk wrote:Oh and for those of you without a sassmouth who were wondering, everything that was voiced in Japanese is getting voiced in English.

OrangeAipom
Vassal
Vassal

Postby OrangeAipom » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Houk wrote:Oh and for those of you without a sassmouth who were wondering, everything that was voiced in Japanese is getting voiced in English.

Dangan Ronpa sounds like it'd be a difficult game to play if not everything was translated, so that's good.

I'm pretty nervous about Touko, but I think you'll try to make it work.

Dragunov_Zero
Peon
Peon

Postby Dragunov_Zero » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new around here and I hope we'll all get along :)

On an related note, when do you guys think can we expect to see the first English trailer for the game? I would like to hear the voice talents NIS America chose for this project in action even if it's a sample as this is the first game of NIS America that hyped me that much (I went as far as buying a Playstation Vita in advance just to prepare for it's advent to North America) and I pray for the game to be a great success.
I am anonymous. Seeking my next forum like a nomadic hunter.
But my lonely heart has a single wish. To become a shining knight.

SoySauce
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby SoySauce » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:35 am

I'm not sure if this is off topic or already answered but I was wondering if they are going to be calling Naegi, Makoto through the whole game. I mean it makes sense because it's the english dub, but It's also going to be weird for me not hearing Naegi-kun used. However the dual audio is going to be perfect, so perfect I might play the game twice. A play through for each language.

I really can't wait for voices though, I'm super psyched about this.
When I'm right and you're not?
Spoiler:

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 am

SoySauce wrote:I'm not sure if this is off topic or already answered but I was wondering if they are going to be calling Naegi, Makoto through the whole game. I mean it makes sense because it's the english dub, but It's also going to be weird for me not hearing Naegi-kun used. However the dual audio is going to be perfect, so perfect I might play the game twice. A play through for each language.

I really can't wait for voices though, I'm super psyched about this.

Yes, he will be referred to by his first name, since that is standard English practice.

SoySauce
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby SoySauce » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Houk wrote:Yes, he will be referred to by his first name, since that is standard English practice.

Ah yes that's makes sense...it was probably dumb of me to ask aha, I actually look forward to it though. Any word if there will be a teaser trailer? I skimmed around the forum reading bits an bits. The recording is already done correct? I am so ready to hear all the characters! :D
When I'm right and you're not?
Spoiler:

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:55 am

SoySauce wrote:
Houk wrote:Yes, he will be referred to by his first name, since that is standard English practice.

Ah yes that's makes sense...it was probably dumb of me to ask aha, I actually look forward to it though. Any word if there will be a teaser trailer? I skimmed around the forum reading bits an bits. The recording is already done correct? I am so ready to hear all the characters! :D

We've already put out a little teaser, it should be up on our website already. Right now we're working on the second trailer which will have some of the English voice acting. That should be out...um, in a little while. Not sure exactly.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”