For Your Consideration: The Rest of the Voice Cast

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
danielzx
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: For Your Consideration: The Rest of the Voice Cast

Postby danielzx » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:07 am

Houk wrote:
SoySauce wrote:
Houk wrote:Yes, he will be referred to by his first name, since that is standard English practice.

Ah yes that's makes sense...it was probably dumb of me to ask aha, I actually look forward to it though. Any word if there will be a teaser trailer? I skimmed around the forum reading bits an bits. The recording is already done correct? I am so ready to hear all the characters! :D

We've already put out a little teaser, it should be up on our website already. Right now we're working on the second trailer which will have some of the English voice acting. That should be out...um, in a little while. Not sure exactly.

Where on your website can you see this teaser? I haven't been able to find it yet :(

EmmyG
Peon
Peon

Postby EmmyG » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:30 am

Houk wrote:
SoySauce wrote:
Houk wrote:Yes, he will be referred to by his first name, since that is standard English practice.

Ah yes that's makes sense...it was probably dumb of me to ask aha, I actually look forward to it though. Any word if there will be a teaser trailer? I skimmed around the forum reading bits an bits. The recording is already done correct? I am so ready to hear all the characters! :D

We've already put out a little teaser, it should be up on our website already. Right now we're working on the second trailer which will have some of the English voice acting. That should be out...um, in a little while. Not sure exactly.

Having now heard the voice acting trailer sample, I have to say that combined with the above, this would absolutely kill the purchase for me if it weren't dual-audio. Calling him Makoto all the time would be weird but I could get used to it. Calling him Makoto all the time if they're pronouncing it like that? Nails on chalkboard. Probably less annoying for dub fans, I guess, but still.

(I came looking for the forum in order to verify whether the jp voices would be an option so I could still buy the game. I am relieved! I'm buying a Vita just for this, after all!)

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:20 pm

danielzx wrote:Where on your website can you see this teaser? I haven't been able to find it yet :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vI_sxaRqyE

SilentlyVocal
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SilentlyVocal » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:33 am

EmmyG wrote:this would absolutely kill the purchase for me if it weren't dual-audio. Calling him Makoto all the time would be weird but I could get used to it. Calling him Makoto all the time if they're pronouncing it like that? Nails on chalkboard

Err...you literally heard a grand total of maybe 1 line or so, from not even the whole cast. You have no clue what this dub's going to be like overall, stop being melodramatic.

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Not a fan of the English cast. Shame really, the Disgaea series is the only Nisa game I play in English due to amazing voices.

Plus, Celestia's Gokigenyou's wont be heard :c

SilentlyVocal
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SilentlyVocal » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:Plus, Celestia's Gokigenyou's wont be heard :c

This...post really baffles me.
I mean it's one thing if you just don't like the dub, but being disappointed that a localization won't have a straight up Japanese phrase???
Like what did you expect?

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:16 am

SilentlyVocal wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:Plus, Celestia's Gokigenyou's wont be heard :c

This...post really baffles me.
I mean it's one thing if you just don't like the dub, but being disappointed that a localization won't have a straight up Japanese phrase???
Like what did you expect?

Gokigenyou's.
Last edited by Alice Twilight on Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:20 pm

I agree with Alice. I'm not saying that the dub will be bad, but that particular phrase instantly reminds me of Celes.

Internetakias
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Internetakias » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:09 pm

The dub seems fine so far. I do think Monokuma talks a bit too fast and sounds really high pitched at some parts, though. Togami's voiced also sounded really monotonous for some reason. But overall, it seems decent. I only wish you guys shipped from Europe as well, cause 84 euros including shipping for the LE seems a bit too much for me.

cvmerchanary
Vassal
Vassal

Postby cvmerchanary » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Houk, I have a feeling that the voice of Ritzu in K-On (Cassandra Lee Morris) is in this game. It sounds very much like her. Kinda bummed that since Youko, is the Japanese voice of Mio (K-On) and Kyouko Kirigiri, that you didn't use the English VA of Mio too. Oh well, most sound pretty good. Bryce was a pretty good pick since I like SAO

Lambdadelta
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lambdadelta » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Just a random question, will Monokuma be using his despair-inducing 'Upupu' at all, or has that been localized as well? Also, any hints you can give about Celestia Ludenberg? I'm dying to see what kind of voice talent she has. Thanks a bunch!
Where I started to run was my usual way home
What caused me to struggle was this message of misfortune
What I opened was a scrapbook of deception
When They Cry
Can You Believe in This?

SilentlyVocal
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SilentlyVocal » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:17 am

Lambdadelta wrote:Just a random question, will Monokuma be using his despair-inducing 'Upupu' at all, or has that been localized as well? Also, any hints you can give about Celestia Ludenberg? I'm dying to see what kind of voice talent she has. Thanks a bunch!

Both your questions have been clarified elsewhere.

1.) Monokuma's "Upupu" didn't really work out for the english, as it sounded awkward. So it's more of a "Puhuhu". (as I recall from Houk's post on the matter)

2.) They're not allowed to disclose voice talent anywhere other than the game's credits unless the actors themselves confirm that they're playing the character via some kind of interview, or social media etc.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:38 am

SilentlyVocal wrote:
Lambdadelta wrote:Just a random question, will Monokuma be using his despair-inducing 'Upupu' at all, or has that been localized as well? Also, any hints you can give about Celestia Ludenberg? I'm dying to see what kind of voice talent she has. Thanks a bunch!

Both your questions have been clarified elsewhere.

1.) Monokuma's "Upupu" didn't really work out for the english, as it sounded awkward. So it's more of a "Puhuhu". (as I recall from Houk's post on the matter)

2.) They're not allowed to disclose voice talent anywhere other than the game's credits unless the actors themselves confirm that they're playing the character via some kind of interview, or social media etc.

These are correct statements.

As awesome as the "upupu" sound is for the Japanese, it wasn't really working in English so we changed it up a bit.

And I would love to talk about Celestia and the rest of the cast, but unfortunately we're not really able to do that.

Lambdadelta
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lambdadelta » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Alright, so I've heard a lot of heresay about Genocider Syo's name being changed in the English Dub to "Genocide Jack". Now, If this is true, then I have to ask why the change was made. Thanks.
Where I started to run was my usual way home
What caused me to struggle was this message of misfortune
What I opened was a scrapbook of deception
When They Cry
Can You Believe in This?

Coreven
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Coreven » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Lambdadelta wrote:Alright, so I've heard a lot of heresay about Genocider Syo's name being changed in the English Dub to "Genocide Jack". Now, If this is true, then I have to ask why the change was made. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=12553&start=750#p696510
Spoiler:
<Guyincognito> Very informative. I'm so glad there is a resource for info where threads stay on topic and don't instantly descend into pointless bullshit before dying
<Fir-Q> Otherwise known as Cor's Law.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”