For Your Consideration: The Rest of the Voice Cast

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
danielzx
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: For Your Consideration: The Rest of the Voice Cast

Postby danielzx » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Lambdadelta wrote:Alright, so I've heard a lot of heresay about Genocider Syo's name being changed in the English Dub to "Genocide Jack". Now, If this is true, then I have to ask why the change was made. Thanks.

That is explained in the main topic :)

Internetakias
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Internetakias » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:26 pm

May I ask how Togami's VA was cast? I'm not here to argue the quality of the guy's acting. I'm just wondering how the casting director came about giving the role to that particular voice actor.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:15 pm

Internetakias wrote:May I ask how Togami's VA was cast? I'm not here to argue the quality of the guy's acting. I'm just wondering how the casting director came about giving the role to that particular voice actor.

The same way as all of our other actors. We worked with the recording studio to come up with several possible actors for each role. Based on voice samples for each, we asked 1-2 people for each role to come in and read from the script, then made our final decision.

cvmerchanary
Vassal
Vassal

Postby cvmerchanary » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Wait so the game came out today right? Who were the voices of the rest of the cast then? I'm 99% sure Aoi is Cassandra Lee Morris based on the trailer, I thought I heard her voice in there.

Lambdadelta
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lambdadelta » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Since the game is already out, we should be getting a list of VAs. I mean, you can't just keep quiet about it forever. Especially since that one fan posted a false list a few weeks ago.
Where I started to run was my usual way home
What caused me to struggle was this message of misfortune
What I opened was a scrapbook of deception
When They Cry
Can You Believe in This?

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Houk wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:
Houk wrote:I mean I'm not gonna overhype or anything. Miyuki Sawashiro is amazing in everything she does, and we don't exactly have a million dollar budget, but I'm still happy with how it turned out. Any more than that, you guys will have to judge for yourselves!

Just one question: you made sure to dub more than 15% of the game this time, right?

Let me answer your question with a question: do you really think being an ass is the best way to get your questions answered?

I know this was months ago, but I believe I meant to put a :P smiley there. Now I feel like an idiot.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:12 pm

Still going to stick with the japanese voices.

Celestia sounds alright, Mondo fitting, Naegi when he tells people they're wrong he's not really putting his all into it, considering he's supposed to be shouting over people.

Sakura's voice though? Oh gosh, my sides.

Lambdadelta
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lambdadelta » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:27 pm

And now that I think about it, could someone please post a list of the English VAs?? It's a little ridiculous that most of us are still in the dark about it. That would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Lambdadelta on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When They Cry
Can You Believe in This?

Internetakias
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Internetakias » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:Still going to stick with the japanese voices.

Celestia sounds alright, Mondo fitting, Naegi when he tells people they're wrong he's not really putting his all into it, considering he's supposed to be shouting over people.

Sakura's voice though? Oh gosh, my sides.

Yeah, some of the characters did sound off to me, but I guess that's just me.

cvmerchanary
Vassal
Vassal

Postby cvmerchanary » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:51 pm

I heard the case from the first trial, and by ear I'm going to guess that Sakura is Greg Ayers, and Aoi is Cassandra Lee Morris. I don't really know about the rest of the ones who haven't been announced.

Lambdadelta
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lambdadelta » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:02 pm

Greg Ayres is more than likely a Union VA, so he's probably not in Dangan Ronpa. That doesn't really sound like him, to be honest. I just wish they would give us a formal list. Whenever a dubbing studio releases their English version, they always provide the fans a complete list, usually weeks before it airs. Now, I know NISA might be a different story, but it's honestly a little inconsiderate.
When They Cry
Can You Believe in This?

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:26 pm

Lambdadelta wrote:Greg Ayres is more than likely a Union VA, so he's probably not in Dangan Ronpa. That doesn't really sound like him, to be honest. I just wish they would give us a formal list. Whenever a dubbing studio releases their English version, they always provide the fans a complete list, usually weeks before it airs. Now, I know NISA might be a different story, but it's honestly a little inconsiderate.

If we could, we would. But because some of our actors are union, or union-affiliated, or other issues, it's in their long-term best interests to not be officially credited on a project. If an actor wants to personally take credit for their role, they're more than welcome do, but we as a company don't do that. (If we did, we'd quickly find ourselves with way fewer actors willing to work with us.)

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:52 pm

May wanna keep an eye on twitter though. A number of VAs have already said who they voiced on their own terms.

TylerGoulston
Peon
Peon

Postby TylerGoulston » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Houk edit: Entire post under spoilers for various plot elements. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
Erin Fitzgerald confirmed on her Tumblr page that she voices Genocide Jack and shares Junko Enoshima with Amanda Miller. (Link contains spoiler-y images.) I've heard her voice acting and while I haven't, um, heard the "endgame" Junko (previous fans of the series will know what I mean), Junko in the beginning doesn't sound like Erin Fitzgerald, so it's probably Amanda Miller in Chapter 1. The image of Junko that Erin Fitzgerald posted also supports this. Not sure if this has been brought up in the thread already.

Also, in my opinion it sounds like the VAs for Byakuya Togami and Kyoko Kirigiri are reading from a school textbook. I think Kirigiri's VA might have had a hard time portraying "stoic, but not emotionless", which is a toughie to pull off. Togami's has no excuse, though, since Togami is supposed to be a stuck-up arrogant rich kid. There's plenty of emotion to show in that.

I especially liked the voice portrayals for Ishimaru, Oowada, Leon (although I don't think his vocal portrayal in the end of the first trial was as intense as the sprites indicated), Junko (haven't heard "endgame" Junko, but I really like Erin Fitzgerald's voice acting so I'm sure I'll enjoy that too), and Celeste (that accent is sooooo cuuuute! :D I'm not sure why, but it makes her moe all of a sudden.)

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:48 pm

^Wooooooow spoilers everywhere. Please spoilertag your post please. Not everyone knows that stuff.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”