Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
User avatar
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 12642
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm
Location: Inkopolis

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby Beedlebud » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:27 pm

I see that now, but that's definitely not the impression I got in the beginning. But it seems I was misunderstood, so I'll move on.
Image

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby Houk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:33 pm

Opinions are of course allowed, but so are opposite opinions.

When people talk to/about us as if we're ignorant or "need" to be told things that we've directly addressed in the past (among other things), it gets kind of annoying.

If you want to say "I personally don't like the way they do things and wish they would tailor their approach to suit my desires" that's fine. I won't necessarily agree, but I'll take it into consideration and do my best to understand where you're coming from.

But when your posts come off as "NISA are cowardly or stupid for doing this or and they're betraying their TRUE FANS and should do what I say for their own good" (which is how a lot of Zeke's posts do come off, whether he means them to or not), it's going to be hard for me, or any business, to take you seriously. Yes, sales and metacritic aren't everything, but if your argument is "a significant number of players don't want this or that" and you're saying that about a game that is performing at or above expectations both critically and commercially, your opinion is going to be taken with a pretty big grain of salt.

We can accept that our localizations are never perfect and that there are ways to improve, but you also have to be able to accept that just because something is an issue for you, that doesn't make it an issue for everyone (or anyone) else. And the more arrogant/condescending you are in making your point, the less likely others will be to care about it.

(Keep in mind that all the "you"s in here are universal, not you in particular.)

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby Mirai » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Beedlebud wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
Now this surprises me I didn't think Jim Sterling would review a game like this and for him to give this game a 8/10 from him is definately worth noting.


1. There's no "a" in "definitely". I wouldn't normally go out of my way to point out a spelling error but that one is so common I fear one day someone's going to mis-spell it in a dictionary and it will become the new spelling and everyone will laugh at me when I try to tell them otherwise. So please, for my sake, make a honest attempt to remember how that word is spelled.

2. If FOX NEWS reviewed this game, nothing can surprise me anymore.


Do you really have to correct everyone on their grammar? And be a jerk about it? It's a mistake. It happens. You can correct people without sounding like a snob about it.


Yeah he is being a bit of a jerk about it but to be honest it doesn't surprise me. There are some people out there who are really stubborn about grammar issues. Zeke just wanted to get the point across to ensure I would understand.

In future Zeke you won't need to explain so much, as I have made this mistake and many other grammar mistakes before and am well aware of it just a reminder would suffice. ;)
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8445
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: OBEYING GOOGLE, OVERLORD OF HUMANITY
Contact:

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Houk wrote:Opinions are of course allowed, but so are opposite opinions.

When people talk to/about us as if we're ignorant or "need" to be told things that we've directly addressed in the past (among other things), it gets kind of annoying.

If you want to say "I personally don't like the way they do things and wish they would tailor their approach to suit my desires" that's fine. I won't necessarily agree, but I'll take it into consideration and do my best to understand where you're coming from.

But when your posts come off as "NISA are cowardly or stupid for doing this or and they're betraying their TRUE FANS and should do what I say for their own good" (which is how a lot of Zeke's posts do come off, whether he means them to or not), it's going to be hard for me, or any business, to take you seriously. Yes, sales and metacritic aren't everything, but if your argument is "a significant number of players don't want this or that" and you're saying that about a game that is performing at or above expectations both critically and commercially, your opinion is going to be taken with a pretty big grain of salt.

We can accept that our localizations are never perfect and that there are ways to improve, but you also have to be able to accept that just because something is an issue for you, that doesn't make it an issue for everyone (or anyone) else. And the more arrogant/condescending you are in making your point, the less likely others will be to care about it.

(Keep in mind that all the "you"s in here are universal, not you in particular.)


I know the reaction critically and here on these forums is overwhelmingly positive concerning the localization, but you don't need to look very far across the web to see that many Danganronpa fans, that have been fans for quite some time, dislike NISA's localization. Are you saying those people don't matter?

Because here's how I see it. You have one group of fans who want it one way, and a much larger group of people who don't particularly care either way, so... why not cater to the fans and make more people satisfied overall? Most people who aren't complaining either don't care either way or wouldn't even know the difference.

It's like if you have a group of 10 people and 3 of them want vanilla ice cream and the other 7 don't care what flavor you give them. And then you choose to give EVERYONE chocolate. You just ticked off 3 people for no reason.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Image
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Image
Image
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

User avatar
The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Santa Ana
Contact:

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:30 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Houk wrote:Opinions are of course allowed, but so are opposite opinions.

When people talk to/about us as if we're ignorant or "need" to be told things that we've directly addressed in the past (among other things), it gets kind of annoying.

If you want to say "I personally don't like the way they do things and wish they would tailor their approach to suit my desires" that's fine. I won't necessarily agree, but I'll take it into consideration and do my best to understand where you're coming from.

But when your posts come off as "NISA are cowardly or stupid for doing this or and they're betraying their TRUE FANS and should do what I say for their own good" (which is how a lot of Zeke's posts do come off, whether he means them to or not), it's going to be hard for me, or any business, to take you seriously. Yes, sales and metacritic aren't everything, but if your argument is "a significant number of players don't want this or that" and you're saying that about a game that is performing at or above expectations both critically and commercially, your opinion is going to be taken with a pretty big grain of salt.

We can accept that our localizations are never perfect and that there are ways to improve, but you also have to be able to accept that just because something is an issue for you, that doesn't make it an issue for everyone (or anyone) else. And the more arrogant/condescending you are in making your point, the less likely others will be to care about it.

(Keep in mind that all the "you"s in here are universal, not you in particular.)


I know the reaction critically and here on these forums is overwhelmingly positive concerning the localization, but you don't need to look very far across the web to see that many Danganronpa fans, that have been fans for quite some time, dislike NISA's localization. Are you saying those people don't matter?

Because here's how I see it. You have one group of fans who want it one way, and a much larger group of people who don't particularly care either way, so... why not cater to the fans and make more people satisfied overall? Most people who aren't complaining either don't care either way or wouldn't even know the difference.

It's like if you have a group of 10 people and 3 of them want vanilla ice cream and the other 7 don't care what flavor you give them. And then you choose to give EVERYONE chocolate. You just ticked off 3 people for no reason.


The name of this thread is "Dangan Ronpa Review Thread", not "Zeke Beats A Dead Horse". I strongly advise that you either stay on topic, or stop posting in this thread altogether.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby Houk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:10 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Houk wrote:Opinions are of course allowed, but so are opposite opinions.

When people talk to/about us as if we're ignorant or "need" to be told things that we've directly addressed in the past (among other things), it gets kind of annoying.

If you want to say "I personally don't like the way they do things and wish they would tailor their approach to suit my desires" that's fine. I won't necessarily agree, but I'll take it into consideration and do my best to understand where you're coming from.

But when your posts come off as "NISA are cowardly or stupid for doing this or and they're betraying their TRUE FANS and should do what I say for their own good" (which is how a lot of Zeke's posts do come off, whether he means them to or not), it's going to be hard for me, or any business, to take you seriously. Yes, sales and metacritic aren't everything, but if your argument is "a significant number of players don't want this or that" and you're saying that about a game that is performing at or above expectations both critically and commercially, your opinion is going to be taken with a pretty big grain of salt.

We can accept that our localizations are never perfect and that there are ways to improve, but you also have to be able to accept that just because something is an issue for you, that doesn't make it an issue for everyone (or anyone) else. And the more arrogant/condescending you are in making your point, the less likely others will be to care about it.

(Keep in mind that all the "you"s in here are universal, not you in particular.)


I know the reaction critically and here on these forums is overwhelmingly positive concerning the localization, but you don't need to look very far across the web to see that many Danganronpa fans, that have been fans for quite some time, dislike NISA's localization. Are you saying those people don't matter?

Because here's how I see it. You have one group of fans who want it one way, and a much larger group of people who don't particularly care either way, so... why not cater to the fans and make more people satisfied overall? Most people who aren't complaining either don't care either way or wouldn't even know the difference.

It's like if you have a group of 10 people and 3 of them want vanilla ice cream and the other 7 don't care what flavor you give them. And then you choose to give EVERYONE chocolate. You just ticked off 3 people for no reason.


I don't know how many times I can explain the same thing to you over and over, so this is going to be my last time. To use your analogy, we make our chocolate using a certain recipe we think works. If you don't like that kind of chocolate, fine, but asking us to make our chocolate differently isn't going to work because that's not how we make our chocolate.

Also, if you think the only two groups are "don't like it" and "don't care" you're wrong, plain and simple.

Anyway, you've had your say and I've had mine. Unless you have something new to say, let's consider this particular conversation finished.

User avatar
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8445
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: OBEYING GOOGLE, OVERLORD OF HUMANITY
Contact:

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 pm

... I don't think you really understood the analogy...

But whatever, I'll drop it. C'ya next time you guys do something I don't like.

*flys away on a robotic mongoose*
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Image
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Image
Image
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

User avatar
MegaJesse
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:44 pm
Location: Hope's Peak Academy

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby MegaJesse » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:50 pm

... SO HOW ABOUT THEM DINGLE ROMPERS? GREAT GAME, AIN'T IT?
Image
Image
Dance with me, the Para Para

User avatar
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8445
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: OBEYING GOOGLE, OVERLORD OF HUMANITY
Contact:

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:57 pm

MegaJesse wrote:... SO HOW ABOUT THEM DINGLE ROMPERS? GREAT GAME, AIN'T IT?


OH YEAH MAN. I LOVE THE DANGIT GRANDPA! IT'S THE BEST!

Wow that's an old meme...
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Image
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Image
Image
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

User avatar
MegaJesse
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:44 pm
Location: Hope's Peak Academy

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby MegaJesse » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:09 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
MegaJesse wrote:... SO HOW ABOUT THEM DINGLE ROMPERS? GREAT GAME, AIN'T IT?


OH YEAH MAN. I LOVE THE DANGIT GRANDPA! IT'S THE BEST!

Wow that's an old meme...



I actually missed that phenomenon when it happened haha :P

trying to get on topic, I actually wonder how people managed to give DR a rating below 80%, it's far from being an average game really.
Image
Image
Dance with me, the Para Para

User avatar
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8445
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: OBEYING GOOGLE, OVERLORD OF HUMANITY
Contact:

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:16 pm

MegaJesse wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
MegaJesse wrote:... SO HOW ABOUT THEM DINGLE ROMPERS? GREAT GAME, AIN'T IT?


OH YEAH MAN. I LOVE THE DANGIT GRANDPA! IT'S THE BEST!

Wow that's an old meme...



I actually missed that phenomenon when it happened haha :P

trying to get on topic, I actually wonder how people managed to give DR a rating below 80%, it's far from being an average game really.


How the hell is 8/10 "average"?
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Image
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Image
Image
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

User avatar
CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby CTOONfan1 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:25 pm

MegaJesse wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
MegaJesse wrote:... SO HOW ABOUT THEM DINGLE ROMPERS? GREAT GAME, AIN'T IT?


OH YEAH MAN. I LOVE THE DANGIT GRANDPA! IT'S THE BEST!

Wow that's an old meme...



I actually missed that phenomenon when it happened haha :P

trying to get on topic, I actually wonder how people managed to give DR a rating below 80%, it's far from being an average game really.


8/10 are usually in the "Great" range. The way I see it, 10s are AMAZING, 9s are awesome, 8s are great, 7s are good, and 6s are okay. It doesn't get to average until a 5, since it's 5/10: not good, not bad, just average.

User avatar
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 12642
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm
Location: Inkopolis

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby Beedlebud » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:55 pm

IGN- 8.5

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is a wonderful fusion of the text-heavy visual novel genre with Phoenix Wright-like murder investigations and trials. Its quirky humor – made all the better by excellent writing and interesting characters – is constantly unsettled by the seriousness of the plot, making for a unique adventure that Vita gamers owe it to themselves to experience.


+Awesome concept
+Serious, yet funny
+Great writing
+Fantastic soundtrack

– Where’s the blood?!


I could see this as a "WTF" point, but as a negative? Lol.
Image

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby Seventh » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:58 pm

But there's lots of blood!

What, you mean you don't bleed bright pink? :shock:
Image

User avatar
Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9528
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 am
Location: Name: Walter
Contact:

Re: Dangan Ronpa Review Thread

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Seventh wrote:But there's lots of blood!

What, you mean you don't bleed bright pink? :shock:


*cuts own arm off*

No, that's definitely red coming from... *thump*
Image
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:
Image
Image


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests