*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Prologue and Chapter 1 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
71%
4 out of 5 - Good
25%
3 out of 5 - Alright
4%
2 out of 5 - Bad
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 24

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Prologue and Chapter 1 Discussio

Postby CTOONfan1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:57 pm

edgy404 wrote:Few questions: Do you get another skill if you hang out with someone again or nothing happens? Do you find coins in the same place or does it varies throughout the day or once per chapter?

You can talk to a certain character a number of times, and each time that person will either give you a skill point or a skill. Characters can give you multiple skills, but only if you trigger an event with them a certain amount of times.

Monocoins can be found in a spot once a playthrough, and it's always the same spots. It doesn't reset, so your main source of coins is in the trials.

edgy404
Majin
Majin

Postby edgy404 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:40 am

Kyoko...well she isn't quite like Byakuya, but she is a bit harsh. I've always thought that she was the loner type who says very little.
FC:1547-5970-9875

Eren7
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Eren7 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:05 am

The Shawshank Redemption reference was pretty nice and quite fitting for this game.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:14 am

Well, I saw the bloody message at the murder spot and it's clearly Leon. Image

Do I really have to do more?
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Eren7
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Eren7 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:20 am

Wdog-999 wrote:Well, I saw the bloody message at the murder spot and it's clearly Leon. Image

Yeah, I saw "LEON" right away too when I first spot the message.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:23 am

Eren7 wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:Well, I saw the bloody message at the murder spot and it's clearly Leon. Image

Yeah, I saw "LEON" right away too when I first spot the message.

I didn't even realize it could be numbers. Hell, there's even a diagonal connection between the two "ones" that clearly indicates it was supposed to be an "N," but I have to find Chihiro because I am apparently retarded now.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:40 am

You'd be surprised at how many people didn't notice this clue.

The first case is the easiest of them all even Spike Chunsoft themselves hint it pretty badly that he is the culprit in their trailer. I figured out Leon was the culprit very quickly. I do like "how" the murder was done though.

Don't be put off by this case too much the other cases aren't as easy as this one.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:57 am

The culprit was obvious, but I don't think it would be as clear cut if you didn't know much English (Since it was written in english in the Japanese version as well).

The first case in the second game isn't nearly as brain-dead easy as this one though, thankfully.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Just cleared the case.

I'll admit that Sayaka using the switch to betray Makoto threw me for a bit of a loop. Hell, just preparing for the trial itself was stressing me because I had no idea what to expect, or for that matter, that it was so on-rails.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Beedlebud wrote:The culprit was obvious, but I don't think it would be as clear cut if you didn't know much English (Since it was written in english in the Japanese version as well).

The first case in the second game isn't nearly as brain-dead easy as this one though, thankfully.

Yep that's an important thing to remember as for the japanese this clue wouldn't of been as obvious as it was for us.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Emerald Emblem » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:52 pm

It was a good opening case for newbies to the game like myself if rather easy to work out before they reveal the twists. I seriously believed that Sayaka would be like a Phoenix Wright assistant character especially when she said she'd be Makoto's assistant. I was gutted when I found her corpse but as soon as she showed mental instability I had a feeling it was going to turn out like it did.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Emerald Emblem wrote:It was a good opening case for newbies to the game like myself if rather easy to work out before they reveal the twists. I seriously believed that Sayaka would be like a Phoenix Wright assistant character especially when she said she'd be Makoto's assistant. I was gutted when I found her corpse but as soon as she showed mental instability I had a feeling it was going to turn out like it did.

That was the best twist for me in this chapter, Sayaka the adorable Idol and damsel in distress that has a crush on Naegi... or so you think. Naegi really doesn't take it well when he's told that Maizono was using him from the moment the motive appeared. It just goes to show how much one person can change when driven to despair.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Just finished this chapter and well...I think Kyouko is my favorite character :lol: .
Didn't expect Junko to get killed off right away, especially not like that. Sayaka though, i'm sort of surprised by how she planned on betraying Makoto, but she seemed pretty suspicious plenty of times since day 1.
Also, that execution at the end was just twisted.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:20 pm

will57 wrote:Also, that execution at the end was just twisted.

Its extremly twisted if you know exactly the reasons why Leon was executed that way.

Since some of this is in his free time events I'll place it in spoilers just in case:

Spoiler:
Leon was executed by having 11037 (yes that was intentional) baseballs fired at him from head to toe, now he was executed this way because he tells Naegi that he isn't particulary fond of baseball and avoids going to practice because he hates it and he wants to become a musician. Now here's the screwed up part, how is leon executed again? by a baseball pitching machine (which is used for practice lol) to ensure he makes up for all the time he missed out on his baseball practice. Monokuma pretty much killed Leon in the worst way possible for him.

Also something interesting from Spike Chunsoft about his execution:
Kuwata Leon:
The game's staff was sick of his design (this is because Leon was the initial design for the male cast) and personality. Hence, he was picked as the first to be executed. 11037 baseballs were fired. Monokuma made sure that they do not hit the heart area to avoid immediate death.

So even the game makers disliked him, personally i'm not surprised I hated him as well but as much as I hated him, even I think his death was damn brutal.

Eren7
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Eren7 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Mirai wrote:Its extremly twisted if you know exactly the reasons why Leon was executed that way.

Since some of this is in his free time events I'll place it in spoilers just in case:

Spoiler:
Leon was executed by having 11037 (yes that was intentional) baseballs fired at him from head to toe, now he was executed this way because he tells Naegi that he isn't particulary fond of baseball and avoids going to practice because he hates it and he wants to become a musician. Now here's the screwed up part, how is leon executed again? by a baseball pitching machine (which is used for practice lol) to ensure he makes up for all the time he missed out on his baseball practice. Monokuma pretty much killed Leon in the worst way possible for him.

Also something interesting from Spike Chunsoft about his execution:
Kuwata Leon:
The game's staff was sick of his design (this is because Leon was the initial design for the male cast) and personality. Hence, he was picked as the first to be executed. 11037 baseballs were fired. Monokuma made sure that they do not hit the heart area to avoid immediate death.

So even the game makers disliked him, personally i'm not surprised I hated him as well but as much as I hated him, even I think his death was damn brutal.

That was pretty interesting.

Mirai wrote:That was the best twist for me in this chapter, Sayaka the adorable Idol and damsel in distress that has a crush on Naegi... or so you think. Naegi really doesn't take it well when he's told that Maizono was using him from the moment the motive appeared. It just goes to show how much one person can change when driven to despair.

The twist with Sayaka reminds me of another "adorable damsel" from another Spike Chunsoft game. ; )

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”