*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Prologue and Chapter 1 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
71%
4 out of 5 - Good
25%
3 out of 5 - Alright
4%
2 out of 5 - Bad
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 24

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Prologue and Chapter 1 Discussio

Postby Mirai » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:18 pm

lopez wrote:Sucks about Sayaka, but her motivation was clear as day when she mentioned her familial connection to her Idol group and how she'd do anything to be with them. I liked her design, but didn't like her personality in association with the story.

Just to inform you, Maizono Sayaka's design is the initial one for all the female characters in DR, just like Leon was the initial design for the males. Its the reason why those two in particular were picked to be the first ones killed.

Just recently finished the first chapter of DR alongside with the fan-translation and to be honest I can't pick which one is the better translation, as both NISA's and Projectzetsubou's have their positives and negatives and sometimes I prefered NISA's lines over PZ's and vice-versa.

There is one thing that concerns me though:

Junko Free Time Event
Spoiler:
With her first free time event why did NISA alter the dialogue here? you changed the KOB part to just "hang out", as I was playing alsongside PZ's I could tell there was a considerable difference in the dialogue. If it was because of karaoke then that would strike me as odd as most westerners are fully aware of what karaoke is. I'm curious to know why you changed things here.

Also on my second playthrough I saw some things I didn't on my first playthrough, like trying to enter the girl's bathroom with Maizono following you:

How Maizono reacts

If you try to enter Togami's room when he's right outside it:

How Togami reacts

As well as during the trial when the game asks who switched the nameplates, it gives you the option of picking Naegi and what happens when you do?

Naegi: Its possible I was the one who switched the nameplates...... Although I don't remember doing so :lol:.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Now that would have been a tweest.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:19 am

I honestly wonder what would happen if you accused yourself during the trial considering that Makoto's a suspect. :lol:
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:24 am

Wdog-999 wrote:I honestly wonder what would happen if you accused yourself during the trial considering that Makoto's a suspect. :lol:

Bad end, maybe? I'm sure someone must have tried it.

Akromatic
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Akromatic » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:43 am

Wdog-999 wrote:I honestly wonder what would happen if you accused yourself during the trial considering that Makoto's a suspect. :lol:

I think that he says something along the lines of "...maybe I did it? No, I'm sure I would have remembered doing something like that."

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:25 am

Anyone else notice that when Naegi's reading those message board posts, they were posted 4 years before Naegi even enrolled in Hopes Peak Academy.

Is Naegi the SHSL/Ulitmate Time Traveler or something or was he just reading archived posts? How did anyone know who was going to be attending the school 4 years from now?

Spoiler:
Dangan Ronpa 3 confirmed!?!?!

Akromatic
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Akromatic » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:41 am

Alice Twilight wrote:Anyone else notice that when Naegi's reading those message board posts, they were posted 4 years before Naegi even enrolled in Hopes Peak Academy.

Is Naegi the SHSL/Ulitmate Time Traveler or something or was he just reading archived posts? How did anyone know who was going to be attending the school 4 years from now?

Spoiler:

The game was originally released in Japan in 2010, so it's probably based in that time period.
And the spinoff, Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode, hints at a third game at the end of its trailer. Don't watch it until you finish the game, though, as it contains spoilers.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:43 am

Darn it NISA, hurry up and localize these things! I need all of them!

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Akromatic wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:Anyone else notice that when Naegi's reading those message board posts, they were posted 4 years before Naegi even enrolled in Hopes Peak Academy.

Spoiler:

The game was originally released in Japan in 2010, so it's probably based in that time period.
And the spinoff, Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode, hints at a third game at the end of its trailer. Don't watch it until you finish the game, though, as it contains spoilers.

I was mostly being sarcastic, I know about the game being released in 2010, and I've seen the trailer for Another Episode. Nisa should patch this, because 2010 to 2014 is a pretty long time.

And it's not like it's "Not relevant to the plot either"

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:27 pm

I don't think it's too relevant-- they could just say the events happen around 2010.

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:35 pm

PringlesXD wrote:I don't think it's too relevant-- they could just say the events happen around 2010.

But a certain someone's report card/Student info much later in the game says they enrolled in 2014.
IIRC they mention the current year and date in game.

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Ah, I see... then that's pretty weird. But I'm sure it can be overlooked.

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:56 pm

It can be, but I don't want the translators to get lazy and miss little things like these and tell us to overlook it.
I still think it should be fixed, unless Nisa wants to tell us Naegi is in fact a time traveler, for keeping the games original date instead of updating it to 2014

Anyway, did anybody here know that Sayaka and Leon were going to be the main characters?
The reason for them being killed off first is because the developers got sick of seeing the two of them all the time. (or so I hear)

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:The reason for them being killed off first is because the developers got sick of seeing the two of them all the time. (or so I hear)

It's a stupid reason, but I've read some of their other "developer's notes", so I wouldn't be surprised *shrugs*

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:21 pm

I think it's kind of funny actually. :lol:

What else you got lopez?

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”