*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
13
76%
4 out of 5 - Good
4
24%
3 out of 5 - Alright
0
No votes
2 out of 5 - Bad
0
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 17

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Beedlebud wrote:I was really pissed at Mondo (Cuz Chihiro was my favorite) but I couldn't help but feel really bad for him in the end. :/ well, him and Ishimaru.


Although I was quite upset at how he killed Chihiro the difference I found between him and Leon was unlike Leon, who kept making excuses to get out of it. Mondo on the other hand regretted what he did to Chihiro and accepted his punishment and felt that he deserved it and for that I have to give the guy some credit for that.
Emerald Emblem wrote:
Mirai wrote:
I'm glad you enjoyed the twists of this chapter also for more info from Spike Chunsoft on Mondo's execution:

Oowada Mondo:
The truth behind the butter: He died when the veins in his head burst, and his brain juices exploded. The brain juice and fats became the butter. The rest of the body became plastic, which is used to make the container. The electric shocks prevented him from fainting during the process. Monokuma ate all the butter.

So who do you think the planted student is then?

Should I spoiler just in case?


As your point will be speculation on a later story event, then yes I think you should just in case.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2081
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:24 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Emerald Emblem » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Alright, I'll bet I'm way off the mark though. The planted student is...

Spoiler:
Kyoko, purely based on the fact she's the only one we don't know what ultimate something she is.

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Emerald Emblem wrote:Alright, I'll bet I'm way off the mark though. The planted student is...

Spoiler:
Kyoko, purely based on the fact she's the only one we don't know what ultimate something she is.


I'm not going to comment on your theory at this moment in time, as I don't want to spoil or give any hints away for you. This post is just acknowledging that I have read yours and that I can discuss about this once you have reached that point in the story.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
puellako
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:23 pm
Location: New York

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby puellako » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:13 pm

alright I actually have to ask about this just because it was going around tumblr recently but why was Touko/Syo's disorder changed from DID (dissociative identify disorder) to Schizo?
A lot of people over there were complaining about the use of the slur, and to be honest I'm curious because Schizophrenia and DID are nothing alike.
(I don't actually have the game yet, but I'm just curious)

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 am

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Houk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:35 pm

puellako wrote:alright I actually have to ask about this just because it was going around tumblr recently but why was Touko/Syo's disorder changed from DID (dissociative identify disorder) to Schizo?
A lot of people over there were complaining about the use of the slur, and to be honest I'm curious because Schizophrenia and DID are nothing alike.
(I don't actually have the game yet, but I'm just curious)


For every instance but one, they refer to it as dissociative identity disorder. There's one gameplay-related moment where we needed a keyword to represent this idea, but it couldn't be more than a few letters long.

'Schizo' isn't perfect, either in reflecting the disorder or in terms of sensitivity, but it only comes up once, players understand the association, and when you consider it's high schoolers, it's not a stretch to imagine they don't always know the best way to phrase things.

I'm not thrilled with it, but given the constraints we had, it was the best option for that spot. But in every other spot in the game, the proper terminology is used.

User avatar
puellako
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:23 pm
Location: New York

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby puellako » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Houk wrote:
puellako wrote:alright I actually have to ask about this just because it was going around tumblr recently but why was Touko/Syo's disorder changed from DID (dissociative identify disorder) to Schizo?
A lot of people over there were complaining about the use of the slur, and to be honest I'm curious because Schizophrenia and DID are nothing alike.
(I don't actually have the game yet, but I'm just curious)


For every instance but one, they refer to it as dissociative identity disorder. There's one gameplay-related moment where we needed a keyword to represent this idea, but it couldn't be more than a few letters long.

'Schizo' isn't perfect, either in reflecting the disorder or in terms of sensitivity, but it only comes up once, players understand the association, and when you consider it's high schoolers, it's not a stretch to imagine they don't always know the best way to phrase things.

I'm not thrilled with it, but given the constraints we had, it was the best option for that spot. But in every other spot in the game, the proper terminology is used.



Ah okay! thanks for clearing that up!

User avatar
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Shizuka » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:41 pm

I came here exactly to complain about "schizo", but it seems I'm not the only one. I've been perfectly happy with the localization, but that one didn't fit at all, specially if you *know* what Schizophrenia is.

User avatar
Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 695
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Kresnik » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Yeah, "Schizo" bothered me too.

Great chapter. Liked the triple-twist of me thinking it was Toko at first; then Byakuya; then finally realizing who it actually was (the way you were supposed to think, I suppose!)

Really interested to see how the dynamic changes now we know what we know about Toko too. And I suppose what we know about Byakuya and Kyoko too (that they're up for playing this as a game).

Pretty saddened that they're killing my favourite characters at a rate of knots, though. Sayaka was my favourite in the first chapter and Chihiro was my favourite in the second chapter. I'd also grown to really like Mondo through his rivalry then friendship with Taka.

I'm expecting Aoi and and Kyoko to be killed next chapter if this keeps up (though I suspect the latter won't be gone until towards the end).

User avatar
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Shizuka » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Kresnik wrote:I'm expecting Aoi and and Kyoko to be killed next chapter if this keeps up (though I suspect the latter won't be gone until towards the end).


Upupupupu...

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:44 am

For all chihiro fans :oops: :

Spoiler:
Image
Image


Note: It would be awesome if someone could translate this ;)
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 35572
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Darcnova » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:22 pm

I think the biggest surprise was the Chirio thing with this chapter, since it just seemed like a inferiority complex, but once the body came up, part of me instantly suspected Mondo, but the part of me that gets annoyed at Byakuya wanted it to be him :P

As for the punishment...it wasn't as brutal as Leon's...until the "Mondo Butter" part...and the fact that, I didn't really hate Mondo, and was starting to like him this chapter :lol:

User avatar
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Shizuka » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:29 pm

I could do without Mondo, he was just a filler for me. He did show up on a Spike (Chunsoft) game after the original game was released, though.

User avatar
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 35572
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Darcnova » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:32 pm

Shizuka wrote:I could do without Mondo, he was just a filler for me. He did show up on a Spike (Chunsoft) game after the original game was released, though.


He was filler, sure, but still :lol:

What game did he appear in?

User avatar
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Shizuka » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:36 pm

One of the Kenka Bancho games.

User avatar
edgy404
Majin
Majin
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby edgy404 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Mirai wrote:Well at least with this version there is a school mode after you beat the game so you get to know alot more about any character you liked that died early on. Its a really nice edition


So I don't have to go back through the main story to fill up the report of the characters I missed on the first playthrough?
FC:1547-5970-9875
Image


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests