*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 4 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
67%
4 out of 5 - Good
33%
3 out of 5 - Alright
No votes
2 out of 5 - Bad
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 18

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 4 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:32 am

This is the place where you can discuss freely all the events that occur within Chapter 4 of Dangan Ronpa.

Just remember the following:

- Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to discuss story events here that occur AFTER Chapter 4. Not even under spoiler tags.

-This thread will contain SPOILERS. If you have yet to complete Chapter 4 of Dangan Ronpa, it is recommended that you STAY AWAY from this thread until you have gotten to Chapter 5.

-Making comparisons with previous chapters is allowed, as long as you keep your main discussion on Chapter 4.

-Not everyone will have picked the same characters as you have during Free Time, for this reason if you plan on discussing Free Time events, place your text under spoiler tags and mention above which event and character that you talked about in the spoilers.
Example here:
Maizono Sayaka 1st Event:
Spoiler:
Esper

I may just create a seperate topic for discussion on Free Time events depending on how things run here.

And with that covered have fun discussing your adventure in Despair Acadamy!
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 4 Discussion

Postby Beedlebud » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:04 am

Toko wrote:You'd like me to s-stop, wouldn't you? Your sweaty h-hands gripping the big, fat, chalk t-tight...

This game lol.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:28 pm

AKA the One where Naegi ticks off his "totally-not-girlfriend" and nobody lets him forget it.

Oh, much fun.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:38 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:AKA the One where Naegi ticks off his "totally-not-girlfriend" and nobody lets him forget it.

Oh, much fun.

I really disliked Kyoko in that part. :/

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:47 pm

Beedlebud wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:AKA the One where Naegi ticks off his "totally-not-girlfriend" and nobody lets him forget it.

Oh, much fun.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Nah, but seriously I understand both sides. She thinks he doesn't trust her, even after all his talk of trusting eachother and he doesn't want to rat someone out without proof. This was a necessary rough patch that makes their later teamwork more meaningful.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:48 pm

this chapter man, this chapter :cry: Also byakyua gets put in his place :D
Meteor Breaker!

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:30 am

ZekeFreek wrote:
Beedlebud wrote:

Oh, much fun.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Nah, but seriously I understand both sides. She thinks he doesn't trust her, even after all his talk of trusting eachother and he doesn't want to rat someone out without proof. This was a necessary rough patch that makes their later teamwork more meaningful.

Agreed Kirigiri is pissed at Naegi for being a hypocrite for telling her to trust him and then Naegi doesn't return the favour when she asks what's troubling him. But from Naegi's point of view he didn't want to sell out one of his friends just based on what he saw the previous night.

Sumner wrote:this chapter man, this chapter :cry: Also byakyua gets put in his place :D

This is really the chapter of resolution as everyone remaining is finally reminded once more by Sakura's grand sacrifice that their true enemy is Monokuma and his Mastermind and not each other which starts the beginning of the climax of this game.
Its also the chapter for Togami haters to rejoice as he's put in his place.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Emerald Emblem » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:58 am

Well the last remnant of Chihiro dies in this chapter, I was curious when Monozuma said the 'punishment must be done' who it would be, though it's no surprise it was alter ego after the big risk he decides to take. Though I love how they all pull the group back together thanks to his and Sakura's sacrifices. Bring on chapter 5!

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Some Info on Alter Ego's execution from Spike Chunsoft:

Alter Ego:
Decimation of a laptop = Making real life computer addicts feel despair when they imagine their own keyboards being crashed.
Note: Alter Ego commented that it tickles when Naegi typed his conversation with him. So...

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Miles better than Chapter 3 but not quite as thrilling as Chapter 2 for me.

They brought out the feels with Sakura's resolution a little bit, which I wasn't expecting.

The dynamic between the characters moving forward is going to get a lot more interesting as a result of what happened in this chapter, I feel.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Sadly, that was indeed the image I had spoiled for me, so Sakura's suicide wasn't as shocking :?

Gotta give em credit, at the end of the trial, for a few seconds, they had me not hating Byakuya...and then he spoke again :lol:

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:33 pm

Darcnova wrote:Sadly, that was indeed the image I had spoiled for me, so Sakura's suicide wasn't as shocking :?

Gotta give em credit, at the end of the trial, for a few seconds, they had me not hating Byakuya...and then he spoke again :lol:

What a random image to get spoiled. O.o

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Beedlebud wrote:
Darcnova wrote:Sadly, that was indeed the image I had spoiled for me, so Sakura's suicide wasn't as shocking :?

What a random image to get spoiled. O.o

Yeah, it really was :lol:

BlackRockNeptunia
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby BlackRockNeptunia » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:49 am

Wow what a ride!

I was actually hoping for a suicide case, I thought it could be interesting; and boy was it interesting!

I was actually feeling a little smug when Byakyua was losing his cool because he couldn't figure it out :P

There are so many questions at the end of this chapter! I just wanna keep playing :D

This game man, it just keeps getting better and better!

Saru245
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Saru245 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Sniff! This chapter was so full of feels for me. Sakura was just so misunderstood but she died with a smile on her face and that was nice. She didn't die in horrible pain and I got to see Byakuya get served and lose his cool. Ha! Take that mister "I'm perfect". I felt bad for both Sakura and Hina, this must have been so hard for Hina to go through and I could totally see why Hina wanted everyone to die too, they all did push Sakura into a corner instead of working with her but even that wouldn't help since a certain bear would F things up somehow.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”