*MAJOR SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 6 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
88%
4 out of 5 - Good
3%
3 out of 5 - Alright
9%
2 out of 5 - Bad
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 32

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: *MAJOR SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 6 Discussion

Postby Houk » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:52 am

ZekeFreek wrote:
Houk wrote:Danganronpa IF will be included in DR2, yes.

I'd love to do an official release of DR0 but to do that we would have to a) secure the rights, and b) find a business model for release that justifies spending that amount of resources translating, editing, promoting, and releasing it. So who knows if it'll ever happen.

Stuff a copy in every LE. Put the rest on the online store. Boom, there's a distribution model.

Okay, I'm sure there's more to the process than that but c'mon, you guys managed to mass-produce fucking sponges before, I'm sure books aren't a big problem.

Sponges don't take months to translate, edit, design, and print though, is the main problem.

Sticking a copy in LEs is great for the end user, obviously, but would doing that drive enough sales to offset the cost of production? That's the balance we have to find.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 am

What if you upped the LE price enough to cover it? Would that be possible?

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:09 am

Houk wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
Houk wrote:Danganronpa IF will be included in DR2, yes.

I'd love to do an official release of DR0 but to do that we would have to a) secure the rights, and b) find a business model for release that justifies spending that amount of resources translating, editing, promoting, and releasing it. So who knows if it'll ever happen.

Stuff a copy in every LE. Put the rest on the online store. Boom, there's a distribution model.

Okay, I'm sure there's more to the process than that but c'mon, you guys managed to mass-produce fucking sponges before, I'm sure books aren't a big problem.

Sponges don't take months to translate, edit, design, and print though, is the main problem.

Sticking a copy in LEs is great for the end user, obviously, but would doing that drive enough sales to offset the cost of production? That's the balance we have to find.

Sig'd. Thank you kindly. huehuehue
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Seventh wrote:What if you upped the LE price enough to cover it? Would that be possible?

It's definitely an option, but as price goes up, the potential number of buyers goes down (even if the "value" is still the same, the final price tag has a very real effect on consumer perception).

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Hmmm, that's a good point.

What if you had two LEs? One with whatever you would usual have, and then do the books on like... a made to order kind of deal for the "higher level" one?

I know NISA's never done anything made to order before, but I'm pretty sure I remember at least one game (maybe Disgaea 4?) having multiple varieties of LE. Or CE. Whichever.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Seventh wrote:Hmmm, that's a good point.

What if you had two LEs? One with whatever you would usual have, and then do the books on like... a made to order kind of deal for the "higher level" one?

I know NISA's never done anything made to order before, but I'm pretty sure I remember at least one game (maybe Disgaea 4?) having multiple varieties of LE. Or CE. Whichever.

More SKUs cost exponentially more money than less SKUs. It's probably not in their best interest to have multiple layers of LEs.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Seventh wrote:Hmmm, that's a good point.

We did a multiple-level-LE for...I want to say Mugen Souls? It really just ends up cannibalizing itself, so unless we can count on a LOT of sales for both, it ends up not being super worth it in the end.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:14 pm

multiple-level-LE

Level-E got a sequel!?

I kid, I kid.

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Played the last trial again in English.

Queen Junko and Delinquent Junko give great performances.

Also, unrelated, but it's brought up in the case...hear me out.
When we see Junko's magazine covers they're selling for ____ yen, yet in the game Monokuma says if you kill someone you'll win 1 million dollars. We know the game is set in Japan and I think most Americans know currency isn't the same all around the world.

Just a nit pick.

SoySauce
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby SoySauce » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:45 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:Played the last trial again in English.

Queen Junko and Delinquent Junko give great performances.

Also, unrelated, but it's brought up in the case...hear me out.
When we see Junko's magazine covers they're selling for ____ yen, yet in the game Monokuma says if you kill someone you'll win 1 million dollars. We know the game is set in Japan and I think most Americans know currency isn't the same all around the world.

Just a nit pick.

Yeah it's the only thing that bothered me to be honest but it's minor.

Anyway I also have finished the last trial and I am i'm so much despair right now!! I wanted to start school mode but my poor vita has been drained of its energy since 10 this morning, I had to finish it though. All I have to say is that I absolutely loved this localization. All the things I've heard are true the game was far better than the anime and oh my goodness. The last trial had me on edge the whole time I was playing it. Junko's voices were too much for my peasant brain to handle. Specially her crazy one. (my favorite)

Can't wait for Danganronpa 2. I know I'm preordering asap.
When I'm right and you're not?
Spoiler:

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Dat Bio Lab! Junko's death never sat well with me. When I saw the cold storage morgue and counted the number of blue lights I was like, "O snaps, Junko's still alives!!" The report about days old wounds on Mukaro's corpse finally made sense at that point :geek:

I liked Junko's crazy Schizophrenic monologue :)

So, what's this about this ultimate "Tragedy" thing? Did people just start freaking out in the world? Is this a sequel-style plothole?

Also, I may have misunderstood, but when did everyone lose their memory? They all experienced their two years of Hope's Peak together, but then... :?

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:34 pm

It's either an allusion for graduating into the real scary world or a sequel hook. Or both.

I would presume after Junko killed the headmaster and took over.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:43 pm

So, we don't know if Junko was lying or not about the rest of the world being affected by the "Tragedy?"

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:47 pm

lopez wrote:Dat Bio Lab! Junko's death never sat well with me. When I saw the cold storage morgue and counted the number of blue lights I was like, "O snaps, Junko's still alives!!" The report about days old wounds on Mukaro's corpse finally made sense at that point :geek:

I liked Junko's crazy Schizophrenic monologue :)

So, what's this about this ultimate "Tragedy" thing? Did people just start freaking out in the world? Is this a sequel-style plothole?

Also, I may have misunderstood, but when did everyone lose their memory? They all experienced their two years of Hope's Peak together, but then... :?

You know that was when I figured Junko was the mastermind when I saw the bio lab.

The tragedy is explained further in the sequel so wait until fall this year to get your answer on this one.

Junko would of done it around the time she executed the headmaster Jin, in other words just before the start of the school life of mutual killing.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:48 pm

lopez wrote:So, we don't know if Junko was lying or not about the rest of the world being affected by the "Tragedy?"

As far as this game, no. There are sequels and prequels and Jill's testimony in this game though.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”