*MAJOR SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 6 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
88%
4 out of 5 - Good
3%
3 out of 5 - Alright
9%
2 out of 5 - Bad
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 32

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: *MAJOR SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 6 Discussion

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Yeah, I have no idea why people are saying the last trial took so long.

Junko didn't have split personalities, she was just bonkers.

I think the executions were alright, but to each their own.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:06 pm

If you look on YouTube the main two walkthroughs of the game took over 2 and a half hours on the final trial. Whilst it is possible to complete it in 1:20:00, you must of gone through it very quickly to the point you missed out some of the voice acting.

Regarding Junko's personalities I doubt you would of asked this question if you didn't go through the final trial so quickly because for starters it is not a split personality like Genocider Shou's, to put it simply she is a massive mood swinger and will express exactly how she feels at that point in time and adding her despair fetish on top of that and you see very erratic and unstable behaviour that its AxCrazy Level even that maybe taking it too lightly.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:01 am

Mirai wrote:If you look on YouTube the main two walkthroughs of the game took over 2 and a half hours on the final trial. Whilst it is possible to complete it in 1:20:00, you must of gone through it very quickly to the point you missed out some of the voice acting.

Regarding Junko's personalities I doubt you would of asked this question if you didn't go through the final trial so quickly because for starters it is not a split personality like Genocider Shou's, to put it simply she is a massive mood swinger and will express exactly how she feels at that point in time and adding her despair fetish on top of that and you see very erratic and unstable behaviour that its AxCrazy Level even that maybe taking it too lightly.

Oh yeah, I got that. I certainly spent the time listening to her go on about being bored easily and that causing her different personalities. What I'm saying is that the effect of it - the humour of it - is the same thing that Genocide Jill was doing. Or at least for me, it was. Call if split personality, or just "massive mood swings", the effect on screen was the same - one minute she's appearing as one person; the next minute she's appearing as another.

And while it took some time for me to warm to Toko's personality changing (and by the end I loved it, she had become one of my favourite characters); Junko only appeared in the final class trial and so I didn't really have the time to appreciate that before she went and executed herself, so it didn't have the same impact on me by any stretch.

I don't think any of that has to do with the time I played the final class trial in because she's not suddenly going to stop changing her moods/personalities if I'd taken longer to go through it.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:05 am

The difference is that Junko isn't actually changing personalities whereas Toko was. Junko is just bonkers and putting on a show.

iatheia
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby iatheia » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:14 am

One thing that I feel anime actually did more justice to than the game did is Junko's personalities. There, it felt more natural, with her changing after pretty much every sentence, more upbeat, less forcing the issue, much more her. I know that the first time I've seen it in-game (after finishing the anime), I didn't really see the point of it there, since she did stick to the same persona for quite a while.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:17 am

@kresnick: Okay, so basically you're saying if Junko was around longer you would of appreciated her character more, in that case go and read DR0 light novel because she has plenty of appearances there. Also what I meant was you might of missed out on some things in the final trial because it is a big info dump and going through it in the amount of time you did, I really doubt you would remember all of it.

@seventh: Well that's the simplest way of differentiating between the two of them.

@iatheia: Well its hardly a fair comparison as the game is still non-moving sprites so its much easier to express her emotions in an anime and they take this even further in the extended version if you have watched it.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:24 am

Simple, yes, but is it not accurate?

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:23 pm

iatheia wrote:One thing that I feel anime actually did more justice to than the game did is Junko's personalities. There, it felt more natural, with her changing after pretty much every sentence, more upbeat, less forcing the issue, much more her. I know that the first time I've seen it in-game (after finishing the anime), I didn't really see the point of it there, since she did stick to the same persona for quite a while.

Wow, after the last few replies I didn't think I'd get someone actually agreeing with me somewhat.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check out the anime :)

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:44 am

People saying Junko changes personalities annoys me. Junko even says herself she doesn't know what "role" to play. Monokuma was just one of her characters, along with her Queen, Rebel, etc characters.

Eren7
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Eren7 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:58 pm

Yeah, I also think that Junko does not have multiple personalities. It is common for people to wear "different masks" when interacting with others. But that isn't the same as DID.

DID is pretty controversial in the psychology area and there is a lot of debate about it.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Junko was just acting. She was pretty plain about that.

I did really enjoy the final chapter, but...it just ended so abruptly. Like a "Please buy the second game" sort of ending. I really didn't care for that.

Also, why was there such a big deal about Junko's face, when it looks the exact same as Mikubo in the first place..?

Finally, the trials made zero sense whatsoever. And, for what I am referring to: It would be the evidence. How in the world are they bringing pictures that they weren't allowed to take, stuff that confiscated, and other such things to a trial? It just made zero sense whatsoever....

Now, I will say that, for the most part, stuff from the fifth chapter on actually surprised me. But I'm really disappointed that I was right about the mastermind faking their own death. I didn't predict the switcheroo, but yeah. There were also some odd inconsistencies in the trial itself (this will concern chapters 5 and 6 together). First, we have the blunt object that cannot be a titanium arrow because it is "too weak". Yeah...suuuuure. It might have been a silly localization error though. Next, we have a statement by Hiro, wherein he says that according to the Monokuma file, it "must have been a blow to the back of the head!" Incorrect! The file never specified where the blow was. Odd...yes? Then, we have Byakuya's reaction to the mask unveiling. Byakuya had never once cared an ounce about whether someone were to get blood on them, and Byakuya never said anything of the sort, so why in the world was everyone so convinced that was the issue? It didnt' make any sense. It was as if he knew the bomb was there. But, nope, apparently Byakuya went completely out of character for no good reason.

That's all I have for these two chapters, I'm sure there was more, but my memory is horrid. Also, that final BTB was just annoying...And the nontstop debates started to get really tedious later on, where I knew exactly what was needing to be said, but I just hadn't yet figured out how the game wanted me to say it. That was really quite frustrating.

Oh, and Junko was pretty great, but Toko's still better! Plus, HinaxSakura OTP

I think that's everything. Oh, and the after credits scene was sorta expected. Can't really sequelize if the bear is gone for good.

Man...I wanna see what's outside the door....

Also, I really want to play Another Episode

Oh, the bad end was horrible...

And, well, the videofeed of the outside world was too ridiculous to do anything but laugh at xD

OKAY
that really is it. I'll cease my typing.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:38 pm

The sisters do in fact look different. They made it a point when you first meet "Junko" to tell you she looks nothing like she does on magazines (apparently), and there are a few differences in their designs as well.

I didn't really notice any of those issues in the trial. Are you sure you have that right?

Also the bad end was awesome, whachoo talkin' bout.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Seventh wrote:The sisters do in fact look different. They made it a point when you first meet "Junko" to tell you she looks nothing like she does on magazines (apparently)

Then the game just did a poor job of illustrating that difference. So, I'll just chalk that up to developer error and not make that a weird inconsistency in the story. Though, they did make the point of them being twins.

Seventh wrote:I didn't really notice any of those issues in the trial. Are you sure you have that right?

Positive. I finished chapter 5 and 6 one right after the other. I've been Danganing the whole day.

Seventh wrote:Also the bad end was awesome, whachoo talkin' bout.

I really found it bleh. But everyone likes what they like
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:08 pm

... You know, just because you cut out the part where I point out they have differences in designs (real Junko doesn't have freckles, for example) doesn't erase it. :P

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Seventh wrote:... You know, just because you cut out the part where I point out they have differences in designs (real Junko doesn't have freckles, for example) doesn't erase it. :P

that was just me not grabbing everything. I wasn't trying to omit anything. Sorry about that

never noticed that about the freckles, but, to be honest, I had completely forgotten how the fake Junko looked by now.
Spoiler:

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”