Favourite x Least Favourite DR Character [SPOILERS]

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Favourite x Least Favourite DR Character [SPOILERS]

Postby PringlesXD » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:58 am

Seventh wrote:All the Hiro hate cuts me deep. :(

I don't really hate him per se, it's just that
Spoiler:
he constantly delays trials and seldom adds anything to them. But I think having him survive was right. He's kinda cool, just tied with Leon on my favorites.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 am

Seventh wrote:
Mirai wrote:I can understand why people would dislike Hagakure so much because:

Spoiler:
He survives to the very end and doesn't really do anything other than stay as a comic relief character. Personally I didn't have too much of a problem with him staying as comic relief because I found him enjoyable on some occasions, what I didn't like about him was how he sometimes was for me unrealistically stupid (biggest example for me was Kirigiri ghost).

Spoiler:
Maybe, but does stupidity really outweigh downright nastiness (like with Hifumi)? At least Hiro is a generally nice guy... when he isn't trying to swindle you.

To be fair..

Spoiler:
With Hifumi he was an idiot who was tricked into cooperating with Celestia and wouldn't have done any harm to anyone if he wasn't manipulated. But it was his free time events for me that stopped him being my least favourite character. Personally for me Ishimaru and Chihiro were the nice guys because even Hagakure attacked Sakura when he freaked out. If anything I don't understand how anyone can like Leon?
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:30 am

@Mirai
Spoiler:
See, it's the free time events that made me dislike Hifumi actually. Leon seemed okay - he realized by the end he actually liked baseball and wanted to go back to it. Hifumi, though, he was an elitist ass.

@Pringles
Spoiler:
I didn't find that a negative, myself. Not everyone can be a super genius, and he had some moments.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Design-wise: Sayaka is my fav.

Overall, probably Kyoko. I liked her cold/calculating demeanor and her artwork was appealing.

My least favorite is between Monokuma and Yamada.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:26 pm

What was your favorite guy? Any of them?

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Hmmm....

I'll probably get some flack for this, but I actually liked Byakuya and some of his snide remarks. I especially liked his English VA (I never listened to the JPN VA). The ENG VA sounded so freakin' condescending, I loved it :D

Was Kyoko's ENG VA the same as Naoto in Persona 4?

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Well you're not getting it from me! By the end, I came to really like him (he only bothered me in case two honestly). Admittedly I pretty much liked everyone except Hifumi, but Byakuya was up there.

I haven't heard myself, but I want to say that I've heard that said before. Don't quote me on it though.

Saturnidae
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Saturnidae » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:51 pm

Favorite character is easily Ishimaru.

Least Favorite is
Spoiler:
Celes for being (in my opinion) the one truly responsible for Ishi's death.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Hrm....

I have a hard time choosing between Toko and Asahina for my favorite female....Both were great in their own ways.

For favorite male....I think I might go with Byakuya.

As for least favorites:
Female: Probably....Celes..? Maybe Sayaka? It's between those two. I want to vote for Sayaka, but Celes got on my nerves way more than Sayaka. So, I'll go with Celes.

Male: The moral compass guy...maybe? It's between him and Leon really.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Lago
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Lago » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:01 pm

It's pretty hard for me to pick.

My favorite DR1 character is easily Sakura Oogami. I'd say she is probably my overall favorite DR1 character. I love her personality, I honestly love both of her voice actresses even if people harp on her English actress a bit, I love her role in the story. She's the character the impacted me the most out of all of them. Even if she's not one of your favorites, almost everyone can agree that she was a really strong character and left one of the biggest impacts in the game.

My least favorite DR1 character is definitely Kiyotaka Ishimaru. He's just really annoying to me, and even his free time events didn't make me care for him all that much.

My favorite DR2 character is Nekomaru Nidai. Honestly, he's my favorite character out of all of the games. Of all of the characters I connected with him the most, for reasons I'll put under a spoiler box, since it's a spoiler for his free time events. But anyway, it really annoys me that a lot of the fanbase treats him like a joke character when he is actually a really well written character, even outside of just his backstory and free time events.

Nidai FTE Spoilers
Spoiler:
Nidai has a heart condition that prevented him from playing in sports like he originally wanted to, because they would put too much strain on his heart and could potentially kill him. But he still had a strong affinity towards helping out others to become stronger, even if he himself had a limit to how far her could go, which is why he became the Ultimate Coach. The thing is, with characters like this usually their character arc would be about them being unable to cope with their condition. But rather than that, Nidai accepted that it was one of his flaws and didn't use it as an excuse, but rather as something to help him grow off of.

I too have a heart condition that sometimes makes it hard to exert too much energy. It would be really easy for me to just give up and succumb to my condition, since it's easy to just give the excuse that I can't really push myself because of my condition. I got made fun of a lot in high school because I was overweight and I did bad in sports, despite the fact that I put more effort into trying to become fit and healthy than anyone else I knew. But I was still able to push forward for myself, even despite my condition, because it wasn't even about what other people thought of me, but rather what I wanted out of myself.

My least favorite character in DR2 is Kazuichi Souda. He's just annoying to me.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:03 am

Favorite Design - Leon Kuwata

Favorite Personality - A tie between Mondo and Byakuya because he's an asshole.

Least Favorite - Makoto, he's extremely forgettable. It's been a few days since I beat the game but for about 30 seconds I was drawing a blank on his design and name.

Now to rate the rest of the characters.

Taka - Meh

Hiro - I kind of like him.

Chihiro - Meh

Hifumi - Meh

Monokuma - Dat voice acting :D

Kyoko - Meh

Toko - I liked her until she became a stalker.

Genocide Jill - I like her a little.

Hina -

I hate stupid people.
Sayaka - Meh

Celestia - Meh

Sakura - Meh

Junko - Annoying

Mukuro - Meh
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Fibble
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Fibble » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:47 am

^^^
You say you hate stupid people but you kind of like the dumbest character in the game? Uhh, okay...

My favourite characters are:

DR1 Female: Kyouko - I just love how practical and intelligent she is.
DR1 Male: Kiyotaka - I find his desire to always maintain order relatable.
DR2 Female: Ibuki - I love how funny and adorable she is.
DR2 Male: Gundam - I have a soft spot for him because he's into both animals and fantasy like I am. Plus I enjoy eccentric characters.

My least favourite characters are:

DR1 Female: ...I don't really dislike any of the girls in this game. (This series has a good female cast.) DR1 Male: Leon - I don't actively dislike him, I just find him unimpressive because of how lazy and big-headed he is.
DR2 Female: Hiyoko - A mean, bullying brat who's cruel to animals? No thanks. (Though I admit she can be funny occasionally.)
DR2 Male: Teruteru - My most hated character in the entire series. His pervertedness goes too far, it's not funny to me, just gross.
Spoiler:
(I still felt sorry for him at the end of the first trial though.)

By and large though, I think most of the characters in this series are pretty likeable.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:44 pm

I hate most stupid people but Hiro is stupid in a way that kind of like.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Fibble
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Fibble » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:55 am

^^^He is pretty funny at times :)

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:12 pm

I don't get why people think Naegi is boring.

He is rather plain, and that might be bad in any other setting, but he actually ends up being distinct on account of how weird everyone else around him is. He's a stabilizing element.

A grey ball might not stand out in a pit of grey balls, but a grey ball definitely stands out in a pit of colorful balls. If that makes sense.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”