*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:38 pm

puellako wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:The thing I didn't like about DR2 was

Spoiler:
The ending. It's much much more bleak than the first game's ending, which I feel muddles the message of the series in a way.

Well to be honest not really-

Spoiler:
The message at the end of SDR2 was that yes, these kids were bad and committed terrible atrocities, but only because they happened to succumb to the terrible force that is despair which was something they COULD overcome. The message was that these kids are redeemable by creating a future in accordance to their own dream. yes it's bleak in that they might NOT wake up, but for the kids that DID in fact wake up they are given a second chance to redeem themselves and shape their own future. In that right, it's not at all bleak, but more hopeful.

Spoiler:
Not really what I meant.

What I meant is this game left a lot more questions hanging in the air than the original did.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

puellako
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby puellako » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:55 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
puellako wrote:

Spoiler:
The ending. It's much much more bleak than the first game's ending, which I feel muddles the message of the series in a way.

Spoiler:
The message at the end of SDR2 was that yes, these kids were bad and committed terrible atrocities, but only because they happened to succumb to the terrible force that is despair which was something they COULD overcome. The message was that these kids are redeemable by creating a future in accordance to their own dream. yes it's bleak in that they might NOT wake up, but for the kids that DID in fact wake up they are given a second chance to redeem themselves and shape their own future. In that right, it's not at all bleak, but more hopeful.

Spoiler:
Not really what I meant.

What I meant is this game left a lot more questions hanging in the air than the original did.

Well they did announce a third game in the series, so hopefully that will be cleared up too! :D

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:31 pm

puellako wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
puellako wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Not really what I meant.

Well they did announce a third game in the series, so hopefully that will be cleared up too! :D

Spoiler:
Well yeah, and if all that goes well then it was fine. I just feel on it's own, the ending is weaker for it.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:54 pm

I can't like Nanami. Really, I try but I just can't. Only Saionji is more annoying than her.

SDR 2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
The fact that her is the only that disappears at the end makes me very satisfied.

Avebone
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Avebone » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:17 pm

Ryuuki wrote:I can't like Nanami. Really, I try but I just can't. Only Saionji is more annoying than her.

SDR 2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
The fact that her is the only that disappears at the end makes me very satisfied.

interesting, may I ask who your favorite characters from SDR2 are?

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Avebone wrote:
Ryuuki wrote:I can't like Nanami. Really, I try but I just can't. Only Saionji is more annoying than her.

SDR 2 Spoilers
Spoiler:

interesting, may I ask who your favorite characters from SDR2 are?

Tsumiki, Mioda and Owari are my favorite female characters and Souda, Kuzuryuu and Komaeda the male characters. In SDR 2 all the characters are cool. Even the more annoying have some good points, but those are my favorites.

Ashai
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Ashai » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:27 am

Serious spoilers, please don't read unless you've completed the game.

Spoiler:
I'm a little confused about Komaeda. In his free time events, he claims that he only has about a year to live due to some health conditions, but this is when everyone still thinks it's about two years earlier than it really is, and Komaeda doesn't seem to be in any worse health on the boat than he is in game. He does mention something about getting sympathy when he tells Hinata about it, which is close to when he mockingly tells everyone in the first trial that he sent the note to Togami in the hopes that someone would stop him....so was he lying to Hinata in that free time event?

The other thing I'm confused about; why did Komaeda believe those profiles he got as a reward? He knows at least one of them has been fabricated to hide the identity of the traitor. I'd have thought that his reaction would have been to think Monokuma had fabricated all of them to spread despair.

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:37 pm

I don't know best place so I will share this AMV's I found with you here.

Major Spoilers about two games, don't click if you don't completed both games and if possible the light novel too
Spoiler:
AMV Danganronpa 1, 2 and 0 spoilers. (Since in Youtube the sound is down, you have to sign up in this site if you want to see it and I highly recommend it's one of best AMV Ever, but it's your choice)

Danganronpa 2 x Devil Survivor 2 Ending

Danganronpa 2 Ultimate Despair

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Ryuuki wrote:I don't know best place so I will share this AMV's I found with you here.

Major Spoilers about two games, don't click if you don't completed both games and if possible the light novel too
Spoiler:
AMV Danganronpa 1, 2 and 0 spoilers. (Since in Youtube the sound is down, you have to sign up in this site if you want to see it and I highly recommend it's one of best AMV Ever, but it's your choice)

There isn't really a place to put AMV's at the moment so this is the best place to put them.

Major SDR2 spoilers
Spoiler:
I've already seen the 2nd and 3rd AMV you've posted mutilple times and have really enjoyed them, It makes me all the more curious on what SDR2 cast were like as SHSL Despair.

The first one however I hadn't seen yet but it was definitely worth watching and I really enjoyed it, I like how they included DR0 as well, so thanks for posting the link :) .
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:21 am

Mirai wrote:
Ryuuki wrote:I don't know best place so I will share this AMV's I found with you here.

Spoiler:

There isn't really a place to put AMV's at the moment so this is the best place to put them.

Major SDR2 spoilers
Spoiler:
I've already seen the 2nd and 3rd AMV you've posted mutilple times and have really enjoyed them, It makes me all the more curious on what SDR2 cast were like as SHSL Despair.

The first one however I hadn't seen yet but it was definitely worth watching and I really enjoyed it, I like how they included DR0 as well, so thanks for posting the link :) .

That's why I'm so excited with DR Another Episode
Spoiler:
I really want see the SDR2 cast in despair mode and if possible they would be the bosses.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:06 am

Ryuuki wrote:
That's why I'm so excited with DR Another Episode
Spoiler:
I really want see the SDR2 cast in despair mode and if possible they would be the bosses.

Now that

Spoiler:
Would be friggin awesome, DR:AE could also explain how the SDR2 cast were "caught" and taken to Jabberwock Island.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Ashai
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Ashai » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:03 pm

No replies to my question in my previous post? :(

On a different topic - Serious Dangan Ronpa 1 and 2 spoilers:

Spoiler:
Honestly, I'm not overly fond of Nanami either. I wouldn't actually say I dislike her, but.....

I've never been able to quite pinpoint why I feel like that about her, (I do dislike those three (?) comments she makes inferring that females are inferior physically to males, but that shouldn't be enough to put me off her character. I didn't have any issues with Koizumi.)

Anyway I was thinking about it, and while I'm still not sure this is the reason behind my "coolness" to her, does anything else think that Nanami's personality (her only "negative" traits are her narcolepsy, and occasional immaturity) almost seems like it would have "fit" a little more into Dangan Ronpa 1, rather than 2.

What I mean by that is, Dangan Ronpa 1 was a little more "black and white" than 2. In Dangan Ronpa 1, hope is good. Despair is bad. Some of the students did terrible things, but you also had Chihiro, Naegi, and Taka, who were decent people without a dark past.

Then in Dangan Ronpa 2, we see that hope can be just as bad as despair when it becomes warped, and there's a constant threat throughout almost the entire game to remind us of that. Even untainted hope cannot exist without despair.

The students seem, as a whole to be much closer than those in Dangan Ronpa 1; there's more passing mention of those students no longer around, and they seem to show more concern for the well-being of the other students.

Even after case 1, several people still try to include Komaeda in group events, and show concern for him when he has the despair fever. (I wish they'd been nicer to Usami though. She really didn't deserve the treatment she got from everyone.) Look at the way Sakura was treated in Dangan Ronpa 1, and while she may have been reporting to Monokuma, she never harmed anyone.

Even with the motives; most of the Dangan Ronpa 2 cast killed for love (not counting case three of Dangan Ronpa 2 in this) or to protect another. The Dangan Ronpa 1 case killed out of a desire to escape for themselves, out of a fit of rage, or for pure greed.

And all the Dangan Ronpa 2 students, except for Nanami have done terrible things, worse (in my opinion) than what the Dangan Ronpa 1 cast did. Case 3 shows us the depths that the Ultimate Despair would go to, and even though we don't know what they all did as Ultimate Despair, we do at least know that one of them covered up a murder, and at least two of them (probably three) are murderers.

Anyway, that was long-winded, but my point was that Nanami seems almost too pure for Dangan Ronpa 2, where the story and characters are both more grey than Dangan Ronpa 1. Then again, a story such as Dangan Ronpa 2 does most likely need a pure character to act as the guiding light.

Avebone
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Avebone » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Ashai wrote:No replies to my question in my previous post? :(

Spoiler:
Honestly, I'm not overly fond of Nanami either. I wouldn't actually say I dislike her, but.....

I've never been able to quite pinpoint why I feel like that about her, (I do dislike those three (?) comments she makes inferring that females are inferior physically to males, but that shouldn't be enough to put me off her character. I didn't have any issues with Koizumi.)

Anyway I was thinking about it, and while I'm still not sure this is the reason behind my "coolness" to her, does anything else think that Nanami's personality (her only "negative" traits are her narcolepsy, and occasional immaturity) almost seems like it would have "fit" a little more into Dangan Ronpa 1, rather than 2.

What I mean by that is, Dangan Ronpa 1 was a little more "black and white" than 2. In Dangan Ronpa 1, hope is good. Despair is bad. Some of the students did terrible things, but you also had Chihiro, Naegi, and Taka, who were decent people without a dark past.

Then in Dangan Ronpa 2, we see that hope can be just as bad as despair when it becomes warped, and there's a constant threat throughout almost the entire game to remind us of that. Even untainted hope cannot exist without despair.

The students seem, as a whole to be much closer than those in Dangan Ronpa 1; there's more passing mention of those students no longer around, and they seem to show more concern for the well-being of the other students.

Even after case 1, several people still try to include Komaeda in group events, and show concern for him when he has the despair fever. (I wish they'd been nicer to Usami though. She really didn't deserve the treatment she got from everyone.) Look at the way Sakura was treated in Dangan Ronpa 1, and while she may have been reporting to Monokuma, she never harmed anyone.

Even with the motives; most of the Dangan Ronpa 2 cast killed for love (not counting case three of Dangan Ronpa 2 in this) or to protect another. The Dangan Ronpa 1 case killed out of a desire to escape for themselves, out of a fit of rage, or for pure greed.

And all the Dangan Ronpa 2 students, except for Nanami have done terrible things, worse (in my opinion) than what the Dangan Ronpa 1 cast did. Case 3 shows us the depths that the Ultimate Despair would go to, and even though we don't know what they all did as Ultimate Despair, we do at least know that one of them covered up a murder, and at least two of them (probably three) are murderers.

Anyway, that was long-winded, but my point was that Nanami seems almost too pure for Dangan Ronpa 2, where the story and characters are both more grey than Dangan Ronpa 1. Then again, a story such as Dangan Ronpa 2 does most likely need a pure character to act as the guiding light.

But I mean

Spoiler:
isn't that kind of the whole point of her character. She wasn't one of them to begin with, she was the traitor who didn't belong in the group. It is suppose to come as a huge shock that the pure character was the one who was the traitor in the group the whole time. As it kind of a huge oh moment when you realize the dark past of all the others. It makes a lot more sense as to why she is the traitor once that happens. What I am saying is her fitting more into DR 1 group than DR 2 group is kind of a huge plot point.

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Ashai wrote:No replies to my question in my previous post? :(

Spoiler:

Here goes...

Spoiler:
About Komaeda can be...

1) He could have lied just to confuse Hinata.
2) He could be living with Tsumiki's help or another Ultimate doctor or something like that.
3) Or may have been just his cycle between "good luck" and "bad luck" as always.

Hinata don't know what was the fake profile. He have 15 true profiles and 1 fake, he don't have much options.

About Nanami, I know she is a important and special character but I really don't like her. The way how she is associable just with Hinata (For no apparent reason) and Monomi it's very irritating. For her the rest is the same thing, no big deal, she like most their as a group than individually (excluding Hinata). The only thing she does is just sleeping around and her only highlight is during investigations and trials or when she is dealing with Hinata (or Monomi). In geral she is very vague and forced. For me, as female follow, Kirigiri is muuuch better than her.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Avebone wrote:
lopez wrote:Dangan 2 Spoilers?
Spoiler:
So, is it safe to assume she's not really "dead" after the classroom punishment?

Spoiler:
Nope she is totally dead.

Spoiler:
We don't know for certain if she is.

If you want to talk about this further we'll need to go to SDR2 thread.

It should be fine if I continue it here:

Major SDR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
The reason why I say this is because If Junko really did die in the detention punishment then Spike Chunsoft would of created a plot hole because it would not be possible for the SDR2 cast to retrieve her body parts if it was crushed and literally become a 'bloody mess'.
Last edited by Mirai on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”