Possible Glitch?

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Possible Glitch?

Postby Seventh » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:59 pm

It's only happened a few times now, but in the game, I've been experiencing a strange phenomenon where the text automatically skips on its own - without hitting the button for Auto. At first I thought I might have hit the button by accident, but when this happens, hitting the button again doesn't stop it. What's more, if I close the game and restart it or even turn off the Vita entirely, this strange thing continues.

I can't imagine it's my Vita having a button held down or something, because the menus and my other games wouldn't work, yet they are all functioning fine. For some reason, text has, multiple times, decided it wants a life of its own. Additionally, the cursor decided to get in on the action during an investigation a few moments ago, so at this point I can't really play the game at all.

Has anyone else experienced or heard of similar issues?

Saito
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Possible Glitch?

Postby Saito » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Seventh wrote:It's only happened a few times now, but in the game, I've been experiencing a strange phenomenon where the text automatically skips on its own - without hitting the button for Auto. At first I thought I might have hit the button by accident, but when this happens, hitting the button again doesn't stop it. What's more, if I close the game and restart it or even turn off the Vita entirely, this strange thing continues.

I can't imagine it's my Vita having a button held down or something, because the menus and my other games wouldn't work, yet they are all functioning fine. For some reason, text has, multiple times, decided it wants a life of its own. Additionally, the cursor decided to get in on the action during an investigation a few moments ago, so at this point I can't really play the game at all.

Has anyone else experienced or heard of similar issues?

I believe the Vita's touchscreen is somewhat over sensitive. Even when my finger is above the screen, not touching, the text will sometimes skip. As for the cursor I have no idea, during trials the back touchscreen can move the lock on when white noise is on the screen, but I've had no issues with the cursor, only with the screen itself,

Chaosprower
Peon
Peon

Postby Chaosprower » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:01 am

I have the same problem! It happens randomly, all the text gets skipped without pressing any button, and if I press one it won't do anything. If I restart the console the game works fine for a while, but it will start doing it again eventually. I have the retail European version of the game, if this info helps.

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:10 am

Happened to me today. Only managed to stop it SOMETIMES when I opened up the pause menu.

Discoceris
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Discoceris » Sun May 25, 2014 5:31 pm

Saito wrote:I believe the Vita's touchscreen is somewhat over sensitive. Even when my finger is above the screen, not touching, the text will sometimes skip. As for the cursor I have no idea, during trials the back touchscreen can move the lock on when white noise is on the screen, but I've had no issues with the cursor, only with the screen itself,

It's simple: the rear touchpad of the Vita. A lot of games have bugs regarding the rear touchpad and I'm not sure if it's just a problem with naming references in the code or if some models have wiring issues.

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:54 pm

from the few times i've been experiencing this, it seems to just be a sensitivity issue with the touchscreen. the touch panel does nothing but shoot down the white noise on my game and usually if the text seems to be auto advancing, its just that my finger is barely touching the screen. if your finger ever comes close to touching the touch screen, it will advance the text. as for the cursor, ive never experienced that unless your finger is barely hovering over the touch screen or the cursor just goes to the side of the screen and your finger accidentally barely touched it then. please note thought that ive only played the american retail release so it could be a region specific or digital glitch.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”