Ask the guy who's currently on HungerStrike over DR anything

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
supersonic56
Peon
Peon

Ask the guy who's currently on HungerStrike over DR anything

Postby supersonic56 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:16 am

So you're probably aware of this: http://saving-the-game-industry.tumblr.com/

I remembered i actually had an account here just laying around, so i decided i may as well answer questions on here. It also gives me a chance to yell at NISA for this. (Of course, this is all assuming the mods don't immediately throw this thread off a cliff.)

Proof: http://saving-the-game-industry.tumblr. ... nisa-forum

Fauxami
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Ask the guy who's currently on HungerStrike over DR anyt

Postby Fauxami » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:58 am

Lowe
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Lowe » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:58 am

Why didn't you go on a hunger strike for Watch_Dogs? Given that you're interested in "saving the industry" then why not pick a more serious offender? Especially one much more high profile that will cause a greater reaction.
1) Major graphical downgrade
2) Severely dumbed down mechanics and physics from initial advertised build
3) No one version contains all content
4) Preorder bonuses
5) System exclusive content
6) Filled with bugs
7) DLC released several days of launch, despite being a broken mess

Against
1) Released one game as two
But the benefit to this is
1) English voice acting
2) Full translation
3) Minor additional content (school mode)

puellako
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby puellako » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:38 am

Lowe has a point. Why do it with this game when there are tons of more public, high budget, widely anticipated games. The dangan ronpa community is extremely niche and small. It's not a widely popular game over here and won't get the public attention you think it will get or want it to get.

Not to mention the gaming industry is about money and as far as that goes there are far worse gaming companies have done (such as release DLC that seems like it should have been included in a game as a vital part of it on release day or soon after), or yes, like lowe said, releases high budget games that are essentially trash.

This is a bit of a useless effort in that I think every DR fan gearing up to play this game understands why the company did what they did and are okay with it and as fans we don't mind spending extra money to support the thing we love (I know I don't!)

And because visual novels and DR have a small niche fanbase over here, I doubt anyone will use what NISA did as a precedent.

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:28 am

supersonic56 wrote:So you're probably aware of this: http://saving-the-game-industry.tumblr.com/

I remembered i actually had an account here just laying around, so i decided i may as well answer questions on here. It also gives me a chance to yell at NISA for this. (Of course, this is all assuming the mods don't immediately throw this thread off a cliff.)

Proof: http://saving-the-game-industry.tumblr. ... nisa-forum

This sub-forum does not exist for you to start off-topic threads about a misaimed hunger strike that literally no one here cares about. If you have something new to discuss that directly relates to DR1 and DR2, make a thread for that. But if you want people to pat you on the back because you're proud of having quite possibly the most ignorant and self-entitled motive I've witnessed for going on a hunger strike, you can kindly find a different forum to ingratiate yourself with. The choice is yours. In the meantime I'm locking this thread. If you plan to be an active member of this forum, I strongly advise you to think very carefully about the next post you make.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:53 am

Yeah, there are pretty much only two possibilities here.

1) You are genuine about this and actually ARE going on a "hunger strike" because two separate games are being released as two separate games. If this is true, you are severely misguided in your efforts and should strongly reconsider your priorities in life (and maybe also seek counseling/therapy). Allowing this thread would only encourage you to continue this behavior, and I think that is incredibly unhealthy.

2) This is all a big goof and you're garnering sympathy and concern from people for no good reason. If this is the case, you are a supreme asshole and we will absolutely not allow you to use our forums to get attention and further your own incredibly childish and mean-spirited prank.

Whichever the case is, this is not an appropriate topic for discussion.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”