2 Questions on This Game

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
GetGoingBird
Vassal
Vassal

Re: 2 Questions on This Game

Postby GetGoingBird » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:09 pm

Are you telling truth? Because I see "dating-simulator" thrown around everyone regarding this game.
I think this game already came out in Hong Kong for Asian fans and it seems the island mode is like Persona game. Have you already played this game yet? There seems to be fan translation

puellako
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby puellako » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Island and school mode are more like "Alternate universes" than anything else. They're alternate universes in which none of the characters participate in the mutual killing game. Therefor none of them die and they can freely (and without worry) hang out. You hang out with characters and some of the interactions do come off as kinda romance-y but it's nothing distracting. It's a pretty nice reward after the main story where people die that's for sure :lol:
So it's not necessarily a 'dating sim' like people tend to throw the word around. SOME characters turn romance-y but most it's just friendship or hanging out.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:41 pm

GetGoingBird wrote:Well this art style makes it seem like rainbows and sunshine - doesn't have ANY dark feeling to me TBH. I don't really mind if characters are not

Spoiler:
Virgin or not or whatever like Sonia but its wierd she is a Princess and isn't unwed Princess have this wierd purity and noble spiritual image or something u expect in fairy tales

Thing I cant save up enough in a few months to get Vita + first game. I only have enough for Vita and a LE of dis second game. Judging by how fast it sells, this game either is really good, or is just over-hyped for what its worth. But word of mouth seems to suggest da former.

Spoiler:
If you want your princesses pure and noble, Sonia is going to throw you for one hell of a loop

Akromatic
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Akromatic » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Well, it's only mentioned that she's not a virgin once in the game. It's nothing big. Sonia is polite, if commanding at times- but she is royalty, after all.
She does swear like a sailor, though.

GetGoingBird
Vassal
Vassal

Postby GetGoingBird » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:14 pm

Having already started playing the Hong Kong version of Danganronpa 2, I can already now understand why Sonia actually said what she said. It's just an attempt at adult humor inserted into this game. She often, "misunderstands" things people say, and it doesn't help when there's a certain someone involved who is a 24/7 perv. Now I understand what the Wiki is trying to say about her lack of Japanese literacy.

Lowe
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Lowe » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:37 pm

The people have spoken, waifu mode is requested in Danganronpa 3.
That being said, every internet community I go on refer School Mode to dating mode.

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:37 pm

It's more of a way to just finish the report cards and get to know the characters more. the way it's set up, you can use these monocards to take people to various places around school. if you take girls to specific places and say specific games, it can have some dialogue that slightly implies love. as for the one other mechanic, even thugh i don't view it as a spoiler, some people do so SCHOOL MODE SPOILER
Spoiler:
sometimes, on very random occurences, you have this thing called trigger happy heart. it's basically designed to be an extreme mini class trial where you have to either motivate the character you're with, or say that they're wrong about a specific thing. this may also result in some slight love-esque dialogue except this also happens to the boys in the game as well as the girls.
so all-in-all, I'd say it just has a sprinkle of a love sim but nothing like how persona is in terms of them. the people you have heard from are probably just exaggerating this, especially considering the presents you get when you get a specific characters ending in school mode.

Dragonage2ftw
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Dragonage2ftw » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:11 pm

Regarding the whole "virgin" thing:

That line could mean one of many things.
It could mean
1. Exactly what she said.
2. She misspoke, which isn't too far fetched, when you consider the fact that Japanese isn't her first language.
3. She means that she's done pagan blood rituals before, which is most likely what she meant, because another word for virgin is "one who hasn't used their blood for rituals before".
I am a huge fan of DSP, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dangan Ronpa, Persona, and many other things.

Fibble
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Fibble » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:00 am

Dragonage2ftw wrote:3. She means that she's done pagan blood rituals before, which is most likely what she meant, because another word for virgin is "one who hasn't used their blood for rituals before".

That may be the case in English, but is it the same for Japanese?

Dragonage2ftw
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Dragonage2ftw » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:21 am

Fibble wrote:
Dragonage2ftw wrote:3. She means that she's done pagan blood rituals before, which is most likely what she meant, because another word for virgin is "one who hasn't used their blood for rituals before".

That may be the case in English, but is it the same for Japanese?

Good question.

Can anyone answer this?
I am a huge fan of DSP, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dangan Ronpa, Persona, and many other things.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”