Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Which chapter in DR2 was your least favorite

Chapter 1
0
No votes
Chapter 2
1
5%
Chapter 3
9
47%
Chapter 4
8
42%
Chapter 5
0
No votes
Chapter 6
1
5%
 
Total votes: 19

User avatar
GoldStarz
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby GoldStarz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 pm

blizdi wrote:
GoldStarz wrote:
Mirai wrote:
huythekirby wrote:
Zetsubear wrote:I like all of the characters in DR2.

Except Mahiru.
Spoiler:
Image


Can anyone at least give me why you don't Fuyuhiko?


I don't know, or because he survived, not Saionji :? ?

Spoiler:
Image


Its true I would of preferred if Saionji lived until the end instead of Fuyuhiko, but that's certainly not the reason why I dislike him. The reason I don't expand on my reason for him here is to put it simply because I have gotten despairingly bored of arguing about him with other DR fans and on multiple occasions it gets to the point where fans I'm debating with start flaming me for it.

So let me just say that when it comes to a jerkass type of character, Togami is how those types of characters should be done and Fuyuhiko is how it should not be done.


But they're really two completely different archetypes... >_>

Either way, Kuzuryuu or Saionji, it doesn't matter, we should focus on the person who really should have died in Chapter 3

Spoiler:
Image



(although i will admit i'm happy that saionji wasn't a survivor because i hated her for the way she treated tsumiki)



But Soda is awesome...


Maybe he has moments where he's likable but...

Spoiler:
He forms no connection with any deceased students (unlike all the other survivors), he constantly turns on people when he gets paranoid (like calling Hajime out as the traitor with no information to back it up despite being buddy-buddy with him in calmer moments), he creeps on Sonia who clearly is not interested, and his arriving at the Titty Typhoon makes way more sense than Saionji's problem with her dress considering
A) They could explain Souda's being there as him warming up the system or doing maintenance
B) Given everything we've seen Rocketpunch Market has, it's really not much of a stretch they'd have clothes for Saionji to get rather than have her constantly struggling with an outfit she doesn't know how to put on properly

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Zetsubear » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:42 pm

Ibuki should've lived. :cry:

/thread
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

User avatar
huythekirby
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 pm
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby huythekirby » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:47 pm

At reason B, I think everyone else wear the same clothes everydays without washed it 8-) or they have lot of same clothes in everyone's cottage

Zetsubear wrote:Ibuki should've lived. :cry:

/thread


I don't think she will survive till the end in the first time i played the game :(

User avatar
GoldStarz
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby GoldStarz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:36 pm

Zetsubear wrote:Ibuki should've lived. :cry:

/thread


As much as I like Ibuki, it made sense for her to die around where she did... I mean she was a great comic relief, but she was too good a comic relief character, if you get what I mean.

That said, Ibuiki R.I.P. I hope you wake up soon.

User avatar
huythekirby
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 pm
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby huythekirby » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 am

GoldStarz wrote:
Zetsubear wrote:Ibuki should've lived. :cry:

/thread


As much as I like Ibuki, it made sense for her to die around where she did... I mean she was a great comic relief, but she was too good a comic relief character, if you get what I mean.

That said, Ibuiki R.I.P. I hope you wake up soon.


Comic relief character alway dies to make the story more serious :cry: , poor Ibuki :(

User avatar
Kuzuryuu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:48 am
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Kuzuryuu » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:53 am

huythekirby wrote:
Comic relief character alway dies to make the story more serious :cry: , poor Ibuki :(

Image
Image

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby lopez » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:04 am

So, is the first chapter really that good, or are the later chapters people voted for really that bad?
Image

User avatar
huythekirby
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 pm
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby huythekirby » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:29 am

lopez wrote:So, is the first chapter really that good, or are the later chapters people voted for really that bad?


No, all chapters are very good :D , better than DR1 (in my opnion). Especially in chapter 5 and 6, very good and Despair-including :| , don't believe too much in this poll, you will enjoy this game very much.

Kuzuryuu wrote:
huythekirby wrote:
Comic relief character alway dies to make the story more serious :cry: , poor Ibuki :(

Image


I hate him, why Maizono has to die, not him :( . Stupid Danganronpa character ever !

Spoiler:
Image
I like this version better

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:30 am

lopez wrote:So, is the first chapter really that good, or are the later chapters people voted for really that bad?

Chapter 1 is really good.

I find all the chapters in DR2 excellent compared to DR1.

Chapter 5-6 will destroy your mind
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Mirai » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:44 am

Zetsubear wrote:Well Saionji moved a few spots up so not really :P The only thing I don't like about her is her mistreatment of Tsumiki. It gets annoying. But she provides lulz unlike that Wendy clone.
Near bottom of the DR2 list? Almost.
Near bottom of the DR Series list? Nope.

It's more of a love/hate thing actually.


Oh right, well actually that's the only thing I dislike about Saionji I think her treatment towards Tsumiki was going too far which prevented her from being a possible favourite among the SDR2 cast for me.

GoldStarz wrote:Maybe he has moments where he's likable but...

Spoiler:
He forms no connection with any deceased students (unlike all the other survivors), he constantly turns on people when he gets paranoid (like calling Hajime out as the traitor with no information to back it up despite being buddy-buddy with him in calmer moments), he creeps on Sonia who clearly is not interested, and his arriving at the Titty Typhoon makes way more sense than Saionji's problem with her dress considering
A) They could explain Souda's being there as him warming up the system or doing maintenance
B) Given everything we've seen Rocketpunch Market has, it's really not much of a stretch they'd have clothes for Saionji to get rather than have her constantly struggling with an outfit she doesn't know how to put on properly


Also...
Spoiler:
How he disrespected Tanaka's honourable sacrifice in Chapter 4, I'm so glad Sonia got furious with him for that. That really gave him a lot of negative points for me.


huythekirby wrote:I hate him, why Maizono has to die, not him :( . Stupid Danganronpa character ever !

Spoiler:
Image
I like this version better


Having Maizono die first was an excellent decision to make as it gives off a big shock factor to the players, as it someone you would expect to survive this ordeal and ironically ends up dying first.

Zetsubear wrote:
lopez wrote:So, is the first chapter really that good, or are the later chapters people voted for really that bad?

Chapter 1 is really good.

I find all the chapters in DR2 excellent compared to DR1.

Chapter 5-6 will destroy your mind


With the exception of Chapter 6 of DR1 for me.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Ainara » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:20 pm

Oh uh, I'm kind of new here, should I use spoilers for this thread?
Anyways! On the survivor talk:
Spoiler:
Souda definitely didn't deserve to live. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the guy, but I would have loved if he had gotten any character development (Like Kuzuryuu) or at least, lost someone important (Like Sonia or Owari). Hinata was the protagonist. Kuzuryuu goes without saying, he underwent one of the most impressive character developments in Dangan Ronpa, besides of course losing Peko. Owari might not have changed much (I think she did a little, though) but she lost Nidai. Twice. Sonia didn't develop as a character, but she DID change thorough the story and, of course, lost Gundam. But Souda? He didn't lose anyone, no more than anyone else- and he didn't change as character in the slightlest. It's not a case of liking or disliking him, is a case of lamenting at wasted character potential.
That said! If you asked me who should have survived in his place, I'd say Saionji. She was getting character development, thanks to Koizumi's death. Slower than Kuzuryuu's, of course, but, well, losing your friend because she was murdered is not the same as losing your childhood friend because you tried to save her and she shielded you with her body, giving her life for you. Of course his character development was going to be faster than hers.
It's said that in chapter 3 the second victim was going to be Kuzuryuu, not Saionji, but they changed it as to not to make Peko's death worthless, and I am incredibly happy they kept Kuzuryuu alive. But... Why don't kill Souda then? Of course, killing Saionji wouldn't make Koizumi's death worthless like it'd happen with Kuzuryuu and Peko since her death is unrelated to Saionji, but... It does feel like wasted potential. Like Ishimaru, but even worse. Why kill off the character with good backstory and potential to have amazing character development in the middle of said development, and keep alive the comic relief without giving him any development whatsoever? It's waster potential, both for Souda and Saionji. And it's sad.

WOW that is so lengthy. Sorry, English is not my first language and I can't express my point correctly unless I'm extremely wordy :oops:
And now, for which chapter is the worse!
Spoiler:
Three, without a doubt. I could argue between three and four but... The chapter's trial had SO MANY plotholes, including an incredibly messed up timeline (Is Tsumiki Flash? Does she have time travel powers?). Also, the case gets overlooked. What was used to kill Saionji? The Climax Inference (or whatever is called in the localisation, sorry :oops: ) doesn't even show the deaths, it starts with the fake setup!
Also, the execution is bad. Worst in the series. But that's subjective I guess!
Image
Mahiru Koizumi is love, Mahiru Koizumi is life.
Please forgive my English if it ever sounds weird!

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:24 pm

I agree.

The Climax Inference for Chapter 3 pissed me off.
What pissed me off was that they didn't even show the victims deaths. I was like wtf were they thinking? :?
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Mirai » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Ainara wrote:Oh uh, I'm kind of new here, should I use spoilers for this thread?
Anyways! On the survivor talk:
Spoiler:
Souda definitely didn't deserve to live. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the guy, but I would have loved if he had gotten any character development (Like Kuzuryuu) or at least, lost someone important (Like Sonia or Owari). Hinata was the protagonist. Kuzuryuu goes without saying, he underwent one of the most impressive character developments in Dangan Ronpa, besides of course losing Peko. Owari might not have changed much (I think she did a little, though) but she lost Nidai. Twice. Sonia didn't develop as a character, but she DID change thorough the story and, of course, lost Gundam. But Souda? He didn't lose anyone, no more than anyone else- and he didn't change as character in the slightlest. It's not a case of liking or disliking him, is a case of lamenting at wasted character potential.
That said! If you asked me who should have survived in his place, I'd say Saionji. She was getting character development, thanks to Koizumi's death. Slower than Kuzuryuu's, of course, but, well, losing your friend because she was murdered is not the same as losing your childhood friend because you tried to save her and she shielded you with her body, giving her life for you. Of course his character development was going to be faster than hers.
It's said that in chapter 3 the second victim was going to be Kuzuryuu, not Saionji, but they changed it as to not to make Peko's death worthless, and I am incredibly happy they kept Kuzuryuu alive. But... Why don't kill Souda then? Of course, killing Saionji wouldn't make Koizumi's death worthless like it'd happen with Kuzuryuu and Peko since her death is unrelated to Saionji, but... It does feel like wasted potential. Like Ishimaru, but even worse. Why kill off the character with good backstory and potential to have amazing character development in the middle of said development, and keep alive the comic relief without giving him any development whatsoever? It's waster potential, both for Souda and Saionji. And it's sad.

WOW that is so lengthy. Sorry, English is not my first language and I can't express my point correctly unless I'm extremely wordy :oops:
And now, for which chapter is the worse!
Spoiler:
Three, without a doubt. I could argue between three and four but... The chapter's trial had SO MANY plotholes, including an incredibly messed up timeline (Is Tsumiki Flash? Does she have time travel powers?). Also, the case gets overlooked. What was used to kill Saionji? The Climax Inference (or whatever is called in the localisation, sorry :oops: ) doesn't even show the deaths, it starts with the fake setup!
Also, the execution is bad. Worst in the series. But that's subjective I guess!


I wouldn't call it impressive character development when Kuzuryuu's suffering was entirely self-inflicted. If anything Saionji had the potential to have the best character development amongst the entire cast if she had survived till the end.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Ainara » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Impressive seeing how his behavior towards the group radically changed from the start of the story until the end, which is something that didn't happen to many characters, regardless if said hostility was a self-inflicted act or not.
But I do agree that Saionji's development would have been even better than his, since the reason she is the way she isn't a facade, it's a legitimate behavior she had to develop in order to survive in her household. It's sad.
Image
Mahiru Koizumi is love, Mahiru Koizumi is life.
Please forgive my English if it ever sounds weird!

User avatar
huythekirby
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 pm
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby huythekirby » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Ainara wrote:Impressive seeing how his behavior towards the group radically changed from the start of the story until the end, which is something that didn't happen to many characters, regardless if said hostility was a self-inflicted act or not.
But I do agree that Saionji's development would have been even better than his, since the reason she is the way she isn't a facade, it's a legitimate behavior she had to develop in order to survive in her household. It's sad.


A lot of people hate Saionji because she so mean in chapter 1+2, but in chapter 3 she somehow has open her heart a bit then she died :( . Poor Saionji, She was the only people who make a altar for dead friend, even it looks ugly. I don't know why guy like Souda can survive till the end :(

Souda and Hagakure are the only survivors i hate very much :( !

Image
Image
Good people died but useless people survive :( .


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests