Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Which chapter in DR2 was your least favorite

Chapter 1
0
No votes
Chapter 2
1
5%
Chapter 3
9
47%
Chapter 4
8
42%
Chapter 5
0
No votes
Chapter 6
1
5%
 
Total votes: 19

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:22 pm

I'll go with 3, but 4 wasn't a huge amount better. I mean, 3 was just horrible. the only good thing was the very beginning.

I also would like to point out that Kuzuryuu's "development' was basically going from a big ol tsundere, to a complete dere who still has somewhat rough language. Sorry, but, I just can't credit it as being 'good'. On the other hand, Hiyoko, she was slowly breaking out of the habits she had built up to survive in a cruel world. She said mean things to Mikan, but I doubt she actually had any malice towards her. She was just someone easy to pick on.

Hiyoko definitely had the most potential for actual development, but they killed her off just so another more boring character could stay :(

I would have loved Souda to be killed, but, let's be honest. He had use in the future chapters. Well, in Chapter 4 anyway. That would have been the ideal chapter to get rid of him, as his use is gone completely after then. but, that would have ruined the really touching stuff with Gundham and Nekomaru, and how they sacrificed themselves for everyone.

But it would have been so easy to just throw him in as an omake kill.

Sigh....if only Hiyoko had lived...
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Zetsubear » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:54 am

You only like her because she's a loli
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby vampko » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Zetsubear wrote:You only like her because she's a loli

Image
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Because she's a cute loli :P
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 12642
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm
Location: Inkopolis

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Beedlebud » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:52 pm

This is why I'll never get tired of Vampko :lol:
Image

User avatar
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8445
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm
Location: OBEYING GOOGLE, OVERLORD OF HUMANITY
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:15 pm

I believe they stated that the main reason they swapped Hiyoko for Fuyuhiko was because they didn't want Peko's "death" to be meaningless.

The problem I have with that statement is

A: None of them are 'confirmed' dead yet...

B: You could just as easily make the argument that killing Hiyoko made Mahiru's "death" meaningless.

In the end I would've been okay with either option, so whatever. It would've been interesting to see what would've happened had Hiyoko survived instead, but I liked what we got with Fuyuhiko all the same.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Image
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Image
Image
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Alice Twilight » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:35 pm

The cases in Dangan Ronpa 2 had so many "Really...?" moments
The Gravel Swimsuit one sticks out to me the most.

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:18 am

Alice Twilight wrote:The cases in Dangan Ronpa 2 had so many "Really...?" moments
The Gravel Swimsuit one sticks out to me the most.

Admittedly, that was Monokuma's crappily made game.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Mirai » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:43 pm

@Vampko: Finally!!! someone else who also believes it should of been Hiyoko who survived till the end instead of Kuzuryuu :D

ZekeFreek wrote:I believe they stated that the main reason they swapped Hiyoko for Fuyuhiko was because they didn't want Peko's "death" to be meaningless.

The problem I have with that statement is

A: None of them are 'confirmed' dead yet...

B: You could just as easily make the argument that killing Hiyoko made Mahiru's "death" meaningless.

In the end I would've been okay with either option, so whatever. It would've been interesting to see what would've happened had Hiyoko survived instead, but I liked what we got with Fuyuhiko all the same.


Exactly both of them were in the same position regarding someone's death being "pointless".
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby G3n3raL86 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:25 pm

^I actually loved Kuzuruy, cause he had an interesting development after Peko-Peko... He saw first hand what it means to lose someone beloved, so he decided to help the rest of the team.

Respect to da guy. One of my favorites.

Not that i have something against Hiyoko; i really liked her when she was foul-mouthing Mikan:)

And in order to stay on-topic, the worst chapter for me was the 4th one. That Strawberry and Grape stuff...
Image
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

User avatar
GoldStarz
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby GoldStarz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Mirai wrote:Exactly both of them were in the same position regarding someone's death being "pointless".

Except Mahiru didn't sacrifice herself to protect Hiyoko, she died because she was an accomplice in a murder and wasn't sure where this fell on her pretty strict moral compass. Hiyoko had potential, I agree, but really Fuyuhiko dying, especially dying immediately after Peko, would've just been to sour, even for DR.

Also, I've seen your argument for why you don't like Fuyuhiko and it's fucking bullshit, even if Fuyuhiko was the same character type as Byakuya (he's not), characters develop differently from different experiences.


Anyway, my least favorite Chapter is 4, it's just kinda boring because it doesn't really feel like much happens until the murder happens and the cool escape game and the weird elevator puzzle are not enough to save that boat.

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Zetsubear » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:00 am

Regarding the Fuyuhiko vs Hiyoko crap,
Spoiler:
Hiyoko, a Fake Cutie self-centered bully with very little in terms of character development even after her Morality Pet Mahiru died and did nothing to really contribute to any cases before her own death. Not helped by the fact her two main targets both had long and painful histories with being bullied in school, and she is never called out by anyone for her abuse. Eventually, one of her targets ends up killing her, but it's only because Hiyoko spotted her killing someone else and not out of revenge for being a constant victim of Hiyoko's abuse. It's somewhat telling that in discussions of Chapter 2, more people tend to sympathize with Fuyuhiko (who's largely responsible for the murder), and Peko (the killer) than they do with Hiyoko. The fact that she was originally going to be one of the survivors as the Byakuya parallel before being swapped with the much more likeable Fuyuhiko doesn't help her case either, since we can't tell what her original arc would have been like due to Fuyuhiko's development having a much stronger early in-game basis, while what we do see from her ends up being far too little much too late for most players and seems more like an Informed Attribute

(Thank you TV Tropes)
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Alice Twilight » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:17 am

vampko wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:The cases in Dangan Ronpa 2 had so many "Really...?" moments
The Gravel Swimsuit one sticks out to me the most.

Admittedly, that was Monokuma's crappily made game.


Still, every piece of gravel, every little piece was picked up and filled a swimsuit flawlessly, not one piece of gravel left and then the thought of punching someone to death or smashing their head into a glass tank is a dumb possibility.


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests