Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:12 am

Why the bloody hell not?

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby lopez » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:16 am

blizdi wrote:
lopez wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:I'll wait until some big name reviewer reviews this game over some obscure no name site.


This. Opinions are opinions, but I want to see what the big name review sites say.



Too Linear
Bad depiction of women
Ending seemed forced
Not enough variation

6/10 IT's A MASTERPIECE


That's only 4 points away from a perfect score, I'd consider that a win :D

Alice Twilight wrote:
lopez wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:I'll wait until some big name reviewer reviews this game over some obscure no name site.


This. Opinions are opinions, but I want to see what the big name review sites say.


Big name review sites are dodgy too.
I hope you don't let them form your own opinions for you.


Don't worry, money's (or the lack thereof) the only opinion that matters to me 8-)
Image

Seyser Koze
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:41 am

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby Seyser Koze » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:56 pm

I'm just thinking of that guy who reviewed the first game whose (glowing) review made it clear that he hadn't even touched the copy NIS sent him.

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby Mirai » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:Why the bloody hell not?


Because SDR2 is similar in a lot of ways to DR1 and if the same reviewer that gave DR1 8/10 then gave SDR2 a 2/10 that would be very screwed up and would most likely be a hypocritical review with such a low score.

Seyser Koze wrote:I'm just thinking of that guy who reviewed the first game whose (glowing) review made it clear that he hadn't even touched the copy NIS sent him.


Are you talking about the review that gave DR1 a 4/10 and is the only negative score on metacritc for DR1 because that reviewer had no idea what he was talking about.



When it comes to reviews for this game I'm hoping like with DR1 Jim Sterling reviews SDR2 because he's one of the few professional gamers out there now that doesn't write biased reviews.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Seyser Koze
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:41 am

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby Seyser Koze » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Mirai wrote:Are you talking about the review that gave DR1 a 4/10 and is the only negative score on metacritc for DR1 because that reviewer had no idea what he was talking about.



When it comes to reviews for this game I'm hoping like with DR1 Jim Sterling reviews SDR2 because he's one of the few professional gamers out there now that doesn't write biased reviews.


No, it was a very positive review, but referred to everything in orenronen's terms and made no mention of School Mode. Basically somebody who was so super psyched about having the first DR review that they wrote it without actually playing the game they were reviewing.

User avatar
CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby CTOONfan1 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Seyser Koze wrote:
Mirai wrote:Are you talking about the review that gave DR1 a 4/10 and is the only negative score on metacritc for DR1 because that reviewer had no idea what he was talking about.



When it comes to reviews for this game I'm hoping like with DR1 Jim Sterling reviews SDR2 because he's one of the few professional gamers out there now that doesn't write biased reviews.


No, it was a very positive review, but referred to everything in orenronen's terms and made no mention of School Mode. Basically somebody who was so super psyched about having the first DR review that they wrote it without actually playing the game they were reviewing.


I remembered that review, so I went back to the first game's review page to find it. It was the one from GamesRadar, and it's pretty apparent the reviewer either never picked up the NIS version and all of their knowledge was from the Oren translation, or they played the NIS version but was previously familiar with the Oren translation and liked it better. Either way, pretty unprofessional.

http://www.gamesradar.com/danganronpa-t ... oc-review/

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Mirai wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:Why the bloody hell not?


Because SDR2 is similar in a lot of ways to DR1 and if the same reviewer that gave DR1 8/10 then gave SDR2 a 2/10 that would be very screwed up and would most likely be a hypocritical review with such a low score.

Seyser Koze wrote:I'm just thinking of that guy who reviewed the first game whose (glowing) review made it clear that he hadn't even touched the copy NIS sent him.


Are you talking about the review that gave DR1 a 4/10 and is the only negative score on metacritc for DR1 because that reviewer had no idea what he was talking about.



When it comes to reviews for this game I'm hoping like with DR1 Jim Sterling reviews SDR2 because he's one of the few professional gamers out there now that doesn't write biased reviews.


His DmC review was garbage and he was trying to spite old fans.
You just want him to review the game because you'll know he'll give DR2 a perfect score, guess what? some people might think it's garbage. This might be my favorite review of DR to be honest http://www.jeuxactu.com/test-danganronp ... -92185.htm

User avatar
blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:58 am
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby blizdi » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:52 am

Guys! I found it! The Danganronpa 2 equivalent of the IGN Dual Destinies review!

http://www.gamrreview.com/review/91839/ ... onpa-2-psv


A review that is overall positive in tone, with complaints that are completely unwarrented, considering what game is it.
Hanamura will end your suffering!
Image

User avatar
burai97
Majin
Majin
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby burai97 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:59 am

Alice Twilight wrote:His DmC review was garbage and he was trying to spite old fans.
You just want him to review the game because you'll know he'll give DR2 a perfect score, guess what? some people might think it's garbage. This might be my favorite review of DR to be honest http://www.jeuxactu.com/test-danganronp ... -92185.htm

why? is it because you have a vendetta against NISA? i just can't even understand why you would say a 9/20 is your favorite review of a game you like unless you're trying to either be a troll or start an argument. if that's the case, stop.
Image

User avatar
Fibble
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:10 am

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby Fibble » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:35 pm

^^^They actually said they pretty much don't like DR anymore, because the NISA dub and annoying fanbase have put them off (even though neither of those actually affect what the original Japanese Spike Chunsoft games are like).

*shrug*

User avatar
burai97
Majin
Majin
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby burai97 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Fibble wrote:^^^They actually said they pretty much don't like DR anymore, because the NISA dub and annoying fanbase have put them off (even though neither of those actually affect what the original Japanese Spike Chunsoft games are like).

*shrug*

i think those are both stupid reasons to hate a game but that's their opinion
*edit: now time to explain to alice why i find those reasons to be stupid. 1. nobody asked you to go to any of the fanbases, you did that on your own. you could just walk away from them, like people continuously point out, but you continue to choose not to so that's your own fault. i happen to like sonic games a whole lot but i hate the voice acting in it and i know it has an absolutely terrible fanbase but that hasn't stopped me from liking the games. 2. why should the NISA dub even matter to you? there is the option to turn the voice track over to japanese which i assume you did. if it's NISA's translation you hate, you could go to one of the many lp's and continue to just re-read that or just use project zetsubou's fan translation. even if you say you sold your psp or got rid of it, you can hack the vita's psp mode and put any game on there. if you don't like zetsubou's translation, then just don't bother using a translation. since you said your japanese is proficient enough to get through most of it,
Alice Twilight wrote:
TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:The solution is simple enough. Learn Japanese and you'll never have to deal with what you see as translation issues again.


I'm doing just that, have been for a while, I'm pretty happy I can get through most of Super Dangan Ronpa 2 on PSP without having to clarify something once in a while.

Feels good.
It'll take me a while but it's worth it.

then the translations in general shouldn't bother you. again, those reasons are your reasons, you don't necessarily have to even listen to other people, you just choose to.
Last edited by burai97 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby Mirai » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:58 pm

blizdi wrote:Guys! I found it! The Danganronpa 2 equivalent of the IGN Dual Destinies review!

http://www.gamrreview.com/review/91839/ ... onpa-2-psv


A review that is overall positive in tone, with complaints that are completely unwarrented, considering what game is it.


Edited the first post thanks for posting link. Also just to say this same reviewer gave DR1 8.2/10 so for him SDR2 is .3/10 superior than DR1.

burai97 wrote:why? is it because you have a vendetta against NISA? i just can't even understand why you would say a 9/20 is your favorite review of a game you like unless you're trying to either be a troll or start an argument. if that's the case, stop.


I would just ignore his...oops I mean her post as it is pretty damn obvious its a troll post. No one in their right mind would ever say that is their favourite review.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Torillian
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby Torillian » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:46 pm

blizdi wrote:Guys! I found it! The Danganronpa 2 equivalent of the IGN Dual Destinies review!

http://www.gamrreview.com/review/91839/ ... onpa-2-psv


A review that is overall positive in tone, with complaints that are completely unwarrented, considering what game is it.


That's actually my review, if anyone would like to ask any questions on the English version of the game or would like to debate me about the content of the review I'd be down. Thank you for the link regardless and for actually reading the review even if you don't agree with it.

Best,
Karl Koebke

User avatar
blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:58 am
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby blizdi » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Torillian wrote:
blizdi wrote:Guys! I found it! The Danganronpa 2 equivalent of the IGN Dual Destinies review!

http://www.gamrreview.com/review/91839/ ... onpa-2-psv


A review that is overall positive in tone, with complaints that are completely unwarrented, considering what game is it.


That's actually my review, if anyone would like to ask any questions on the English version of the game or would like to debate me about the content of the review I'd be down. Thank you for the link regardless and for actually reading the review even if you don't agree with it.

Best,
Karl Koebke


I do not agree with your most of your review, except for the fact that it's rated higher than DR. But I do have questions about the English verison.

1. Do you know when the footage/picture embargo is lifted?

2. What is your opinion of the English voice acting? Because it sounded great, to me.
Hanamura will end your suffering!
Image

User avatar
Torillian
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby Torillian » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:50 pm

blizdi wrote:
Torillian wrote:
blizdi wrote:Guys! I found it! The Danganronpa 2 equivalent of the IGN Dual Destinies review!

http://www.gamrreview.com/review/91839/ ... onpa-2-psv


A review that is overall positive in tone, with complaints that are completely unwarrented, considering what game is it.


That's actually my review, if anyone would like to ask any questions on the English version of the game or would like to debate me about the content of the review I'd be down. Thank you for the link regardless and for actually reading the review even if you don't agree with it.

Best,
Karl Koebke


I do not agree with your most of your review, except for the fact that it's rated higher than DR. But I do have questions about the English verison.

1. Do you know when the footage/picture embargo is lifted?

2. What is your opinion of the English voice acting? Because it sounded great, to me.


Well the letter I have only mentions embargoes for review and says that there are none, I have no information on embargoes for footage/pictures but other than the request that all information be kept to the first chapter to avoid spoilers I'd be surprised if there was an embargo on footage and pictures.

I really liked the english voice acting, the only voice that I hands down prefer in Japanese is Monokuma himself since I think the voice is creepier sounding in Japanese and I love that it uses the voice from a well known children's cartoon over there, would have been fun if the english version tried to do something similar like the voice of Mickey Mouse. I suppose Chiaki is also a little dead-pan but I didn't find that to be a problem with the character and it fit her well. So yeah, I mostly liked the english voice acting.


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests