*SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 3 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 for Chapter 3

5/5 Excellent
40%
4/5 Good
20%
3/5 Okay
30%
2/5 Bad
No votes
1/5 Terrible
10%

Total votes: 10

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: *SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby Sumner » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Zetsubear wrote:Makoto is just so...bland

Fits his average ass

Ugh, right in the heart :cry:
Meteor Breaker!

redsilversnake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby redsilversnake » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Anyone who thinks one is better than the other is kidding themselves. They're both meant to be normal [bland] so the regular player can more readily identify with [insert themselves into] them. This is VN 101 shit, and the writer himself said as much.
Some people just need to learn that their opinions are wrong

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:39 pm

Hajime is far, far better. I liked him more than Makoto almost immediately.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:44 pm

redsilversnake wrote:Anyone who thinks one is better than the other is kidding themselves. They're both meant to be normal [bland] so the regular player can more readily identify with [insert themselves into] them. This is VN 101 shit, and the writer himself said as much.

Except he's beyond bland. He's a complete buzzkill. Treats one of the easily most helpful people there like some kind of plague. Continually does things to avoid having information that could prove to be very valuable. And is all around really unlikable. He's about 10x more frustrating than Makoto was. Which, really, the only time I got rawrgh at Makoto was when he refused to trust Kyoko. But, thinking back, that's just a normal sort of reaction after being with someone so much for so long. It was just a lovers quarrel and stuff. Compared to Hajime's personality that makes me want to strangle him, I'd say Makoto's definitely better.

ZekeFreek wrote:The reason they didn't go over Hiyoko's death very thoroughly is because they swapped someone else for her pretty late into production.

I did note this. And it freakin sucks.

Ah well, onwards to chapter 4 then.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:45 pm

Oh, one thing to note: Monokuma's movie was genius

Hilarity to the maximum level :lol:

I can't understand why Nagito didn't like it...
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

redsilversnake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby redsilversnake » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Beedlebud wrote:Hajime is far, far better. I liked him more than Makoto almost immediately.

Why? The two are, for all intents and purposes, interchangeable.
Spoiler:
I mean, except for that one part of the final chapter, yeah, but still.

vampko wrote:Treats one of the easily most helpful people there like some kind of plague.

Uh, if you're talking about Nagito here, it should be obvious why he doesn't treat him that well. Like, this isn't a point against him at all.
Some people just need to learn that their opinions are wrong

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:20 pm

@Vamp: I have told you like 3 times why Hajime(pretty much everyone else) treats Nagito like that...

Nagito was his first friend on the island, then he betrayed that trust in the first trial.
And he was planning TO KILL SOMEONE.
Not to mention his unpredictable demented behavior.

Are you slow? :?
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:43 pm

redsilversnake wrote:
Beedlebud wrote:Hajime is far, far better. I liked him more than Makoto almost immediately.

Why? The two are, for all intents and purposes, interchangeable.
Spoiler:
I mean, except for that one part of the final chapter, yeah, but still.

vampko wrote:Treats one of the easily most helpful people there like some kind of plague.

Uh, if you're talking about Nagito here, it should be obvious why he doesn't treat him that well. Like, this isn't a point against him at all.

They are far from interchangeable and if that's what Kodaka said (source?) then he's better than he thinks he is. Even if that was his intent, it's not the end result. Nagito might be Makoto's direct antithesis, but Hajime is also meant to be contrasted to him in a number of ways.

TvTropes lays it out pretty succinctly here;
Spoiler:
Compared to Makoto, Hajime is noticeably more cynical. While Makoto was non-confrontational, polite (some might say overly so), and docile, Hajime is not afraid to say what's on his mind, to the point where he sometimes forgets to watch his mouth, and willing to take sides in an argument. Despite not remembering his talent, he treats the other students more like his equals, while at the same time trusting them far less. When Monokuma reveals his game, Hajime almost immediately accepts the idea that anyone around him might be willing to kill to escape. It actually gets much stronger that, namely that while Makoto had a complex over his talent not being as special, he still didn't let it get to his head and ultimately gained a new talent in the end. Hajime turns out to be so insecure about his lack of talent he willingly erased his whole identity just so he could be special.

And don't just dismiss the last chapter like it was nothing. It completely turned the viewer's perception of Hajime on its head. His history combined with ultimately being a tragic figure is what makes him more interesting.

And I didn't even dislike Makoto to begin with. Being ordinary in a setting full of extraordinary people and things had the weird effect of making him more unique by contrast.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:48 pm

Zetsubear wrote:Nagito was his first friend on the island, then he betrayed that trust in the first trial.

So? He's INVALUABLE in an investigation. The only time he won't be is if someone tells him about the kill they want to make. Otherwise, his help is on par with Chiaki's . He didn't betray anyone though. He always stayed completely honest (barring the "despair disease", but that's a moot point), and completely upfront.
Zetsubear wrote:Not to mention his unpredictable demented behavior.

Not really all that unpredictable once you stop being horribly biased against him and think about things.
Spoiler:

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:54 pm

Not really all that unpredictable once you stop being horribly biased against him and think about things.

You're judging him from the omniscient viewpoint of the observer.

The characters don't have much reason to trust him. He has good intentions, but he's dangerous.

More to the point, I love Nagito as a character. But I also think the student's reactions to him make sense.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:03 pm

Me? Horribly biased against Nagito?

HELLLOOOOOO
He's my favorite male character in the series. How in the bloody hell can I be biased against him?

I'm trying to talk in a unbiased POV.
vampko wrote:
Zetsubear wrote:Nagito was his first friend on the island, then he betrayed that trust in the first trial.

So? He's INVALUABLE in an investigation. The only time he won't be is if someone tells him about the kill they want to make. Otherwise, his help is on par with Chiaki's . He didn't betray anyone though. He always stayed completely honest (barring the "despair disease", but that's a moot point), and completely upfront.
Zetsubear wrote:Not to mention his unpredictable demented behavior.

I didn't say he betray everyone. I said he betrayed Hajime's trust. It's apparent when you do his Free time events and in Chapter 1 trial.

He even compliments Nagito's help in one of the later chapters. Just pointing that out.

Like what Zeke said, his heart or intentions are in the right place, it's how he's doing it is what's twisted.
Last edited by Zetsubear on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

(Feel free to add me)

-Elston

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:06 pm

Zetsubear wrote:Me? Horribly biased against Nagito?

HELLLOOOOOO
He's my favorite male character in the series. How in the bloody hell can I be biased against him?

Everyone in the game is.
ZekeFreek wrote:

You're judging him from the omniscient viewpoint of the observer.

The characters don't have much reason to trust him. He has good intentions, but he's dangerous.

More to the point, I love Nagito as a character. But I also think the student's reactions to him make sense.

I'm judging him from the Vampko can't hold a grudge worth a peso, and always gives second chances to second chances of second chances (etc). He tried to get himself killed so that he could watch hope fight against despair. This is stated flat out by him over and over again. He's never once shown himself to be a liar, others just make him out to be one. It's because they can't look past their first interaction with him. Though, I do feel like Chiaki, at least, is seeing how much of a help he can be.
Spoiler:

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:08 pm

I edited my post up above vamp. But you a damn ninja
Spoiler:

(Feel free to add me)

-Elston

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:17 pm

I never said he was a liar, I said it makes sense for the students not to trust him.

One can be dangerous and honest, that isn't a contradiction.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”