*MAJOR SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 6 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out 5 on Chapter 6

5/5 Excellent
70%
4/5 Good
7%
3/5 Okay
7%
2/5 Bad
No votes
1/5 Terrible
15%

Total votes: 27

edgy404
Majin
Majin

Re: *MAJOR SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 6 Discussi

Postby edgy404 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:16 pm

I felt sad that they learned all 15 of them had killed their family and friends, even sadder when Teruteru did the same and he wanted to get off of the island more than anybody to return to his mom. :cry:
FC:1547-5970-9875

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Maybe he went to despair because his mom died

Throwing that out there
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

edgy404
Majin
Majin

Postby edgy404 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:06 am

Zetsubear wrote:Maybe he went to despair because his mom died

Throwing that out there

Those of the Ultimate Despair killed their friends and family once they decided to follow Junko. When the Ultimate Despairs were in the Neo World Program, they had only had their memories up until before their school life began. Teruteru's mom was still alive before he started Hope's Peak Academy; otherwise, it wouldn't be the main reason he wanted to get off of the island so bad. Before he was executed, his mom was still alive as far as he knew. He, along with everyone except Chiaki and Monomi, had no idea what they had done before they entered the simulator to forget their years at Hope's Peak Academy.

Gradon
Majin
Majin

Postby Gradon » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:12 am

Theres a fan theory floating around the internet because of a comment Junko makes that Teruteru killed and ate his mother.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:54 am

Gradon wrote:Theres a fan theory floating around the internet because of a comment Junko makes that Teruteru killed and ate his mother.

Killed maybe. But ate? I'm not so sure.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ainara » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:06 pm

edgy404 wrote:

Throwing that out there

Those of the Ultimate Despair killed their friends and family once they decided to follow Junko. When the Ultimate Despairs were in the Neo World Program, they had only had their memories up until before their school life began. Teruteru's mom was still alive before he started Hope's Peak Academy; otherwise, it wouldn't be the main reason he wanted to get off of the island so bad. Before he was executed, his mom was still alive as far as he knew. He, along with everyone except Chiaki and Monomi, had no idea what they had done before they entered the simulator to forget their years at Hope's Peak Academy.

Zetsu is saying (I think) that his mother was alive when he entered Hope's Peak but died while he was in it, helping him fall into despair.

Gradon wrote:Theres a fan theory floating around the internet because of a comment Junko makes that Teruteru killed and ate his mother.

What comment was that, again? Something... about a pig, right?
Mahiru Koizumi is love, Mahiru Koizumi is life.
Please forgive my English if it ever sounds weird!

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Ainara wrote:
edgy404 wrote:

Throwing that out there

Zetsu is saying (I think) that his mother was alive when he entered Hope's Peak but died while he was in it, helping him fall into despair.

What comment was that, again? Something... about a pig, right?

Exactly what I was saying. :lol:
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

edgy404
Majin
Majin

Postby edgy404 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Ainara wrote:
edgy404 wrote:

Throwing that out there

It was also mentioned that the Ultimate Despairs came to be because of their contact with Junko and how charismatic she was. I think that lead them to despair and drove them to commit such actions. They didn't have despair before their contact with her. The same can be said of Mikan; despite the way her life was, she didn't have any despair until Junko persuaded her.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Loved everything about this game from start to finish. I can't remember the last time I've thought about an ending to a game so much.

One thing that I haven't quite pieced together is Chapter 0. The boat with Nagito and Izuru on - where and when was that? Where were they going? I always assumed it was the boat to the island, but if the island was virtual then why would Izuru be there (he'd be Hajime) and why would Nagito have Junko's hand (his appearance would be based on before his despair?)

Similarly, the ending with Makoto, Kyoko and Byuakuya seemed to have them leaving an island, so I was just wondering if it was an actual physical place that they were all plugged into the VR.

Was just wondering if someone could clarify with me whatever it is that I'm misunderstanding there.

One thing the ending did give me clarity with was the executions, though. In the first game, Monokuma always seemed to give out across-the-board incentives to kill (i.e. cash; families and friends held hostage etc.). In this game, the incentives seemed to be incredibly slanted towards just a few people (i.e. the Twilight Syndrome case; I especially felt bad for Mikan for having to remember that she was Ultimate Despair), so I'm glad they gave all that a reason by the end.

Now, to wait for Another Episode...

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:07 pm

What happens if someone were to die by accidental drowning? That means they're brain dead because the Future Foundation didn't think about all the possibilities.

I've read a LP for those wondering how I know about this if I dropped the game at Chapter 3

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Kresnik wrote:Loved everything about this game from start to finish. I can't remember the last time I've thought about an ending to a game so much.

One thing that I haven't quite pieced together is Chapter 0. The boat with Nagito and Izuru on - where and when was that? Where were they going? I always assumed it was the boat to the island, but if the island was virtual then why would Izuru be there (he'd be Hajime) and why would Nagito have Junko's hand (his appearance would be based on before his despair?)

Similarly, the ending with Makoto, Kyoko and Byuakuya seemed to have them leaving an island, so I was just wondering if it was an actual physical place that they were all plugged into the VR.

Was just wondering if someone could clarify with me whatever it is that I'm misunderstanding there.

One thing the ending did give me clarity with was the executions, though. In the first game, Monokuma always seemed to give out across-the-board incentives to kill (i.e. cash; families and friends held hostage etc.). In this game, the incentives seemed to be incredibly slanted towards just a few people (i.e. the Twilight Syndrome case; I especially felt bad for Mikan for having to remember that she was Ultimate Despair), so I'm glad they gave all that a reason by the end.

Jabberwock Island is a real place, and that's where the students bodies were the whole time. The Jabberwock Island as it appears in the simulation is slightly different (as the students point out in... Ch. 2 I think, that what they're seeing in pamphlets doesn't match what they're seeing).

The island you see Hajime standing on at the very end is the real Jabberwock Island.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

edgy404
Majin
Majin

Postby edgy404 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:20 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Kresnik wrote:Loved everything about this game from start to finish. I can't remember the last time I've thought about an ending to a game so much.

Jabberwock Island is a real place, and that's where the students bodies were the whole time. The Jabberwock Island as it appears in the simulation is slightly different (as the students point out in... Ch. 2 I think, that what they're seeing in pamphlets doesn't match what they're seeing).

The island you see Hajime standing on at the very end is the real Jabberwock Island.

I remember it was mentioned in the game, but I can't recall the actual name Jabberwock Island is based on. Do you happen to remember the name?

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:14 pm

edgy404 wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:

I remember it was mentioned in the game, but I can't recall the actual name Jabberwock Island is based on. Do you happen to remember the name?

As far as I remember, both the real and virtual islands are both called Jabberwock.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:52 am

ZekeFreek wrote:The island you see Hajime standing on at the very end is the real Jabberwock Island.

Does that mean Hajime isn't Izuru Kamukura in real life then?

(And thanks for the answers about the rest of it. No wonder I didn't understand).

Gradon
Majin
Majin

Postby Gradon » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:16 am

Kresnik wrote:Does that mean Hajime isn't Izuru Kamukura in real life then?

(And thanks for the answers about the rest of it. No wonder I didn't understand).

His appearance change is meant to represent him overcoming the Izuru inside of him, and showing he is no longer Ultimate Despair.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”