*SPOILER* Question about Dangan Ronpa 0, 1 and 2.

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Ashai
New Vassal
New Vassal

*SPOILER* Question about Dangan Ronpa 0, 1 and 2.

Postby Ashai » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Spoiler:
Izuru Kamakura is named as the one responsible for the murder for the entire student council, but the impression I got from reading a translated Dangan Ronpa 0 is that Junko threw the members of the student council and Izuru into a mutual killing game, and had them all kill each other, with only Izuru and the President surviving.

Why is Izuru considered to be the culprit of the student council murders? It's not only in Dangan Ronpa 0, a couple of websites also describe him to be a mass murderer, but we've never heard actually of him killing anyone, have we? In the part of the mutual killing game that Ryouko sees, the student council members are killing each other, so how do we know that Izuru wasn't off in a dark corner somewhere telling himself how superior he was, and how boring the situation was?

Junko actually seemed pleased that Izuru survived, because she thought that would serve to further anger the Prep students, so she could have even intentionally put Izuru in the game, but in a place where he wouldn't be killed.

Sorry, this may seem like a pedantic question, it's just I get the feeling I've missed something in Dangan Ronpa 0.

puellako
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: *SPOILER* Question about Dangan Ronpa 0, 1 and 2.

Postby puellako » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Spoiler:
I don't think that it was that he was a MASS murdered (because you're right, they were all killing each other)
It was more-so that he killed at all. He was supposed to be some shining beacon of light that would lead humanity into a new age. The ultimate hope. And he was capable of murdering, killing, succumbing to despair just like everyone else, so in the end Junko was able to show just how feeble and weak hope is and that anyone can succumb to it.

But yup, you're right, he wasn't the only one killing, but no doubt he at least killed someone because he is described as a murderer.

Edit: Oh and as far as it 'angering the prep student', it angered them because their money went to fund the research to create him, and he turns out to be a murderer the fell to despair.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”