Dangan Ronpa 3 Anime: End of Hope's Peak Academy

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Dangan Ronpa 3 Anime: End of Hope's Peak Academy

Postby KaminaGirl » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:37 pm

burai97 wrote:I seriously hope nobody is surprised about them streaming it

I was kind of praying for the small chance of NIS america getting the rights since they let Crunchyroll do their simulcasts. :cry: Guess I have to get a subscription to funimation
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:48 pm

Anyone watching the 2 anime?

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:05 am

Finished watching the Anime. I was somewhat interested at the start, but I felt like the twists were awful and ruined the previous games for me.

I wasn't a fan of the series, but I stuck with it because I wanted to see how
Spoiler:
Junko got crazy and twisted the world into despair. The whole brainwashing thing was a big disappointment... I mean, really? :| I was expecting Junko to pull off some big mindfuck where she was able to manipulate people at a personal level versus being brainwashed with a weak & convenient plot mechanic.

Also, what was the point of
Spoiler:
Monaka and the Ultimate Despair Girls game in the overarching series? Monaka's involvement was pointless and nothing more than an obvious red herring. Also, why voluntarily send herself to space? :/

I'll admit these anime had a lot of potential, but I feel like the writer(s) went for the easy route rather than living up to the series' eccentric nature.

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:07 pm

lopez wrote:Finished watching the Anime. I was somewhat interested at the start, but I felt like the twists were awful and ruined the previous games for me.

Spoiler:
Junko got crazy and twisted the world into despair. The whole brainwashing thing was a big disappointment... I mean, really? :| I was expecting Junko to pull off some big mindfuck where she was able to manipulate people at a personal level versus being brainwashed with a weak & convenient plot mechanic.

Spoiler:
Monaka and the Ultimate Despair Girls game in the overarching series? Monaka's involvement was pointless and nothing more than an obvious red herring. Also, why voluntarily send herself to space? :/

I'll admit these anime had a lot of potential, but I feel like the writer(s) went for the easy route rather than living up to the series' eccentric nature.

That's pretty much how I felt.

Rika
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Rika » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:40 am

lopez wrote:Finished watching the Anime. I was somewhat interested at the start, but I felt like the twists were awful and ruined the previous games for me.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I thought SDR2 mentioned something about brainwashing. I do agree that them being brainwashed was stupid.

and also

Spoiler:
I had a pet theory since beating SDR2 that there had to have been a hidden remnant of despair in the real world, and Chisa fit the bill

G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby G3n3raL86 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:29 pm

Mirai Hen was really weak. I really liked the Despair Arc. That infamous plot device wasn't THAT bad. Kinda lazy yes, but still:

Spoiler:
Junko corrupting EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the planet was already out of the question; Ultimate Despairs were spreading Despair, programmers making Despair software, the TV was broadcasting Despair shows etc. based on the DR2 lore.

As for:

Spoiler:
Monaka and AE being non relevant right now, do not forget that V3 is around the corner and maybe there's gonna be some kind of connection.
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”