Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus PSVOct 14NA/15EU LE NA DDonlyEU

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus PSVOct 14NA/15EU LE NA DDonlyEU

Postby vampko » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Last edited by vampko on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

servant
Majin
Majin

Re: Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (PSVita)

Postby servant » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:56 pm

Well this is good for Vita owners, if it exists, hell might even increase chances of the series being localized.
PSN: TAZiO_SLP4HRS
3DS: 4639 9084 6875
PM me if you add me.
For the senators to decide:
Another Disgaea: http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7503
Anybody like AR cards?
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=727&error=comok

MizuMikomi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby MizuMikomi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 pm

servant wrote:Well this is good for Vita owners, if it exists, hell might even increase chances of the series being localized.

It exists, as it was announced during Sony's TGS live stream. It would be nice if we knew more about it though, since I really want this game... and with me getting a Vita soon, I'll be itching to import any and all games that I can get my hands on.
Eyeshield wrote:Pore, he is MIZUMikomi. Mizu is water. Water is formless, constantly changing shape, adapting to the surroundings... To succeed in life, one must be formless, like water... :ugeek:

Nerroth
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Nerroth » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Mr.putrickbutz
Majin
Majin

Postby Mr.putrickbutz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:46 am

this looks... well it looks like a game with a bunch of girls with big boobs. Seriously though I have been wanting to try the 3ds ones but sadly can not, thankfully the Vita is region free so I'll definitely pick this up.

Nerroth
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Nerroth » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:21 am

A teaser site (with a somewhat NSFW image on it) is now up.

Mr.putrickbutz
Majin
Majin

Postby Mr.putrickbutz » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:54 am

Apparently they already have deluxe pack. It is temping but I would at least like to see a little game play before shelling out $140 for this

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/27/se ... e-figures/

affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:46 am

See now this is how you revolutionize a franchise into something bigger and better. They even invented two new academies filled with new playable characters!! ^_^

Though it's a shame they chose Vita instead of PS3 (ugh, but maybe they are working towards getting on PS3?)

Vita is an overrated, overpriced sinking ship, and inferior platform compared to PS3, it's library, market, and online communities.

http://the-magicbox.com/1209/game120927a.shtml

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/senran-kagur ... ry-details

http://www.maql.co.jp/special/game/vita/kaguraversus/

They should have at least went for multiplatform approach between PS3 and Vita, though that's probably beyond their budget. ah well. Maybe like DW Strikeforce on PSP, a superior version Shinovi Versus could be brought to PS3. :D

RonXSilva
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RonXSilva » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:37 pm

affinity7799 wrote:See now this is how you revolutionize a franchise into something bigger and better. They even invented two new academies filled with new playable characters!! ^_^

Though it's a shame they chose Vita instead of PS3 (ugh, but maybe they are working towards getting on PS3?)

Vita is an overrated, overpriced sinking ship, and inferior platform compared to PS3, it's library, market, and online communities.

http://the-magicbox.com/1209/game120927a.shtml

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/senran-kagur ... ry-details

http://www.maql.co.jp/special/game/vita/kaguraversus/

They should have at least went for multiplatform approach between PS3 and Vita, though that's probably beyond their budget. ah well. Maybe like DW Strikeforce on PSP, a superior version Shinovi Versus could be brought to PS3. :D

We got some big hate for the Vita now don't we~

I love my Vita... So I'm glad this is coming for the Vita if there something that the Vita desperately needs is more games.

I will definitely import this next February and look forward to all its jiggly goodness xD

RonXSilva
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RonXSilva » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:57 am

I found a pretty funny comic strip Senran Kagura~

affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:18 am

RonXSilva wrote: So I'm glad this is coming for the Vita if there something that the Vita desperately needs is more games.

PS3 desperately needs more videogames. it has a larger community and a larger demand for new franchises and series, and better hardware and features to provide more quality gaming (especially broadband online)

for Vita to get more games, Vita must steal these games from PS3, which could have become bigger and better with its library of new releases,

but nooooo, Vita just had to swipe this to distract its smaller community with its short term era of portable gimmickry

just like PSP, which despite its few exclusives here and there it selfishly swiped for itself, still ended up being a platform people quickly stopped caring about.

The only thing portable systems are for are getting whatever leftovers or gems it can grab here and there, but that in turn gets in the way of its superior sibling's expanding library of original franchises. (and also portables are always steps behind consoles, so it just ends up encouraging developers to make less effort in their developments.)

portables are kind of like pets, they are a needless extra mouth to feed, money and resources better spent on oneself/family.

That's why the one smart thing Xbox360 has done was not move into the portable market. It's library wouldn't be as great if it had a portable swiping exclusives for itself,
the situation ends up being like stupid internal competition within the same company, which harms and splits the community and market and ends up making the console's new releases less that it could be getting.
:D

sorry about my Vita rant, but realistically, portables do more harm to their console siblings than good.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:45 am

okay, talk bad about portables, be completely ignorant of the great games that came out on the PSP. Fine whatever, it's your opinion.
affinity7799 wrote:portables are kind of like pets, they are a needless extra mouth to feed, money and resources better spent on oneself/family.

Take. That. Back.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:54 am

okay I take back the mouth to feed line. :lol:

but that is my point about portables.

PSP swiped some "great" videogames that PS2 gamers or PS3 gamers wouldn't get to play. If the PSP or Vita wasn't made those videogames could have been developed for PS3 and benefitted the majority of Sony console gamers. Maybe if PSP wasn't made, for example, Sega wouldn't have made the mistake of making Valkyria Chronicles abandon console after it found success there. :lol:

videogames that normally made for PSP/Vita, could have been made for PS3 with better graphics, controls and online community. (ugh, Ad Hoc for PSP was such a joke. Seriously, that is like using one of those floppy disk apple computers compared to using a modern PC. The online network is so archaic compared to proper PSN online gaming. And broadband PSN console online gaming > wi-fi gaming. ) not to mention PS3 gaming can provide a MUCH BIGGER SCREEN.

CheeseKao
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby CheeseKao » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:56 am

affinity7799 wrote:
PS3 desperately needs more videogames. it has a larger community and a larger demand for new franchises and series, and better hardware and features to provide more quality gaming (especially broadband online)
And the Vita needs games to build a community.

for Vita to get more games, Vita must steal these games from PS3, which could have become bigger and better with its library of new releases,
If it was never announced for the PS3, it isn't called stealing.

but nooooo, Vita just had to swipe this to distract its smaller community with its short term era of portable gimmickry

just like PSP, which despite its few exclusives here and there it selfishly swiped for itself, still ended up being a platform people quickly stopped caring about.
Way to generalize there. Most of west stopped caring. The east did not

The only thing portable systems are for are getting whatever leftovers or gems it can grab here and there, but that in turn gets in the way of its superior sibling's expanding library of original franchises. (and also portables are always steps behind consoles, so it just ends up encouraging developers to make less effort in their developments.)

portables are kind of like pets, they are a needless extra mouth to feed, money and resources better spent on oneself/family.
So a pet is a needless extra mouth yet people still adopt them. That's perfectly logical

That's why the one smart thing Xbox360 has done was not move into the portable market. It's library wouldn't be as great if it had a portable swiping exclusives for itself,
the situation ends up being like stupid internal competition within the same company, which harms and splits the community and market and ends up making the console's new releases less that it could be getting.
:D

sorry about my Vita rant, but realistically, portables do more harm to their console siblings than good.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 am

The main draw of PSP development versus PS3 development is that it was cheaper. If it wasn't for the PSP there would have been a lot of great games that never made it here.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”