Cross Edge Shrinkwrap Style

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
Blistified
New Vassal
New Vassal

Cross Edge Shrinkwrap Style

Postby Blistified » Sun May 19, 2013 6:57 am

I just purchased Cross Edge on ebay and it came with the shrinkwrap seam style, not the Y-fold style. I have heard that NIS doesnt always do the Y-fold, I am not sure. My main question is if the game is a re-seal? Has anybody else noticed any of NIS games that are shrinkwrapped, not the Y-fold? Thank you, as I need to figure this out quick if I am going to return it to the seller on ebay, although I am hoping this is a legit copy of cross edge.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Cross Edge Shrinkwrap Style

Postby Darcnova » Sun May 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Buying a game as old as Cross Edge sealed...yeah, it's probably a re-seal. Though a re-seal doesn't automatically mean it's not a legit copy.

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sun May 19, 2013 2:36 pm

When you purchased the game, did you perhaps read the condition it was going to be in when you purchased it? and if so did you at least see if the person was a trusted buyer?

Cross Edge can be still purchased brand new and Factory sealed. You just have to know where to look and I did see some sellers on amazon offering it (pity I don't have enough :()

Blistified
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Blistified » Sun May 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Darcnova wrote:Buying a game as old as Cross Edge sealed...yeah, it's probably a re-seal. Though a re-seal doesn't automatically mean it's not a legit copy.

I was buying it to throw in my bin of games and hope the value increases over time for my poor mans get rich scheme. So if it isnt officially factory sealed and has been resealed even though its pristine, the value would be significantly reduced. Thanks for replying.

NEET_GAMER wrote:When you purchased the game, did you perhaps read the condition it was going to be in when you purchased it? and if so did you at least see if the person was a trusted buyer?

Cross Edge can be still purchased brand new and Factory sealed. You just have to know where to look and I did see some sellers on amazon offering it (pity I don't have enough :()

The seller only stated for the game that it is brand new and sealed. He has 150 sales with a couple neutral feedbacks that pertained to other things. So it all looked good to me. I contacted the seller, they said they got the games from vpdinc.com or ingramentertainment.com, both big wholesalers. On a side note, I also got Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll from same seller, same shrinkwrap. I looked at the archives from ebay sales selling cross edge, they were all Y-fold. I have seen trinity souls with Y-folds. I am very skeptical here. Maybe the seller received them in this state and he was none the wiser about it. If I was buying the games to play, I wouldnt care, but I paid a good chunk of change for these games basically to invest in. If there is any chance they have been resealed no matter how pristine it is underneath the wrapping, true collectors down the road wont be interested in them, I know I wouldnt be, as I am now. Thanks for replying and if you have any more ideas, I appreciate you helping me.

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sun May 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Well to be quite honest with you, I honestly don't know how the sealing process works when it comes to buying stuff that are to be brand new. I do know of one incident though when I had to basically fork over £64.99 for a game that looked as if it were brand new (it said so in the description) but when I got it, it looked like a game that was clearly played before and just resealed to pass off as new.

All I'm saying is that if the buyer you purchased the stuff from is a really trusted person (ie: if his percentage is around 98% to 100%), then I'm sure the possible games you have really are factory sealed and that you are merely worrying over nothing (at least I hope you are because I know what it feels like to spend massive money on stuff then get conned out).But in general, have you tried just getting those games from places like amazon or such? Ebay is a very risky site and getting stuff brand new isn't all guaranteed :cry:

If you are possibly looking for a refund, you better start praying a miracle that the seller is kind enough to offer one. And that you need to watch out that refunds are likely to be void if the seal is broken by your own hands.

Edit: I just forgot to add to the part that on the subject that they arrived in a state you probably aren't happy with, there is a good chance delivery service can do that. It wouldn't be a strange thing if that guy got the game from this contact all pristine new but the second that seller sells them to you, they get damaged in the post (possibly due to possible poor protecting to make sure it's perfect).

Blistified
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Blistified » Sun May 19, 2013 3:35 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:Well to be quite honest with you, I honestly don't know how the sealing process works when it comes to buying stuff that are to be brand new. I do know of one incident though when I had to basically fork over £64.99 for a game that looked as if it were brand new (it said so in the description) but when I got it, it looked like a game that was clearly played before and just resealed to pass off as new.

All I'm saying is that if the buyer you purchased the stuff from is a really trusted person (ie: if his percentage is around 98% to 100%), then I'm sure the possible games you have really are factory sealed and that you are merely worrying over nothing (at least I hope you are because I know what it feels like to spend massive money on stuff then get conned out).But in general, have you tried just getting those games from places like amazon or such? Ebay is a very risky site and getting stuff brand new isn't all guaranteed :cry:

If you are possibly looking for a refund, you better start praying a miracle that the seller is kind enough to offer one. And that you need to watch out that refunds are likely to be void if the seal is broken by your own hands.

Edit: I just forgot to add to the part that on the subject that they arrived in a state you probably aren't happy with, there is a good chance delivery service can do that. It wouldn't be a strange thing if that guy got the game from this contact all pristine new but the second that seller sells them to you, they get damaged in the post (possibly due to possible poor protecting to make sure it's perfect).

The seller had 99% positive, with a couple neutrals and 1 negative that related to something else. The seller, in my view is legit, but they couldve received the games from the wholesaler resealed. Also, I know some games have multiple prints of the game where the sealing is changed from Y-fold being the first print and then the subsequent prints have the crappy heatwrap like konami's castlevania and contra for nintendo DS. If I can determine this game had the same method with multiple prints with different sealing, then all would be solved. I have never even seen a ps3 game without the Y-fold sealing until now.

I contacted every seller on amazon selling cross edge, 7 or 8 of them, and 2 have responded so far saying they have Y-folds. I think I am going to trust my gut feeling on this and return them tomorrow if I cant come to a definite conclusion on their authenticity by tonight. I didnt open them cause I wasnt going to play them anyway. I know all this may sound trivial, like its just some damn wrapping haha, but to collectors who invest in the game market, it makes a huge difference. Once again, thank you for your help.

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sun May 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Blistified wrote:The seller had 99% positive, with a couple neutrals and 1 negative that related to something else. The seller, in my view is legit, but they couldve received the games from the wholesaler resealed. Also, I know some games have multiple prints of the game where the sealing is changed from Y-fold being the first print and then the subsequent prints have the crappy heatwrap like konami's castlevania and contra for nintendo DS. If I can determine this game had the same method with multiple prints with different sealing, then all would be solved. I have never even seen a ps3 game without the Y-fold sealing until now.

I contacted every seller on amazon selling cross edge, 7 or 8 of them, and 2 have responded so far saying they have Y-folds. I think I am going to trust my gut feeling on this and return them tomorrow if I cant come to a definite conclusion on their authenticity by tonight. I didnt open them cause I wasnt going to play them anyway. I know all this may sound trivial, like its just some damn wrapping haha, but to collectors who invest in the game market, it makes a huge difference. Once again, thank you for your help.

If and that's a big IF that the seller is trusted like you say he is, then don't you think you are possibly worrying over nothing? Granted - you did say it's a specific seal you are possibly looking for your copy of Cross Edge to have, but have you considered the possibility the supplier the seller got it from got a reprint and it's very likely it cannot be gotten in the factory sealed state you want it to be in? I'm sure if the game was resealed like you suspect it is, the seller would say so in his description (after all, you trust him and he has quite a few positive feedback) does he not? Maybe the factory sealing that was done to your copy is just different than what you expected? It is after all a possible reprint no?

Regardless of the situation though, I hope whatever choice you make is the right one and you don't screw up. And yes it does sound dumb to me in a way, but you are a collector are you not? You probably go after games with a certain seal to them so you can probably do something with them in the near future.

Blistified
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Blistified » Sun May 19, 2013 4:55 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:If and that's a big IF that the seller is trusted like you say he is, then don't you think you are possibly worrying over nothing? Granted - you did say it's a specific seal you are possibly looking for your copy of Cross Edge to have, but have you considered the possibility the supplier the seller got it from got a reprint and it's very likely it cannot be gotten in the factory sealed state you want it to be in? I'm sure if the game was resealed like you suspect it is, the seller would say so in his description (after all, you trust him and he has quite a few positive feedback) does he not? Maybe the factory sealing that was done to your copy is just different than what you expected? It is after all a possible reprint no?

Regardless of the situation though, I hope whatever choice you make is the right one and you don't screw up. And yes it does sound dumb to me in a way, but you are a collector are you not? You probably go after games with a certain seal to them so you can probably do something with them in the near future.

I dont trust the seller, I just thought they looked legit with good feedback. Every copy that has been sold on ebay, and the ones currently on amazon, have the Y-fold cellophane, not the unsightly heatwrapping. The seller could have received it like that, and never known the difference and figured it was factory sealed when the wholesaler was the one who resealed it. If I had seen at least one other copy that was on sale, that had my style of seal, then I could put my suspicions to rest. The other games that have both styles are everywhere, so that would be determined easily if it was legit. Mine is the only copy I have ever seen that doesnt have the Yfold cellophane. Well, I am decided, trust the gut feeling. I shall return them. Thanks for the replies and take care.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sun May 19, 2013 6:51 pm

See, this is why Sony needs to work worldwide like they do in Japan, and use those special wrappers so that you know it's a legit, unopened copy.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Mon May 20, 2013 12:18 am

Just checked and my unopened copy has the "y seals" on the sides. HTH :)

Awaking in 2014...

Blistified
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Blistified » Mon May 20, 2013 1:01 am

Daverost wrote:See, this is why Sony needs to work worldwide like they do in Japan, and use those special wrappers so that you know it's a legit, unopened copy.

I agree, or the security stickers like the 360.

leinaud wrote:Just checked and my unopened copy has the "y seals" on the sides. HTH :)

So my copy has to be resealed and to a collector who is probably doing what youre doing, holding onto it in new condition for value, my copy is worth what a used copy goes for. Thanks for telling me.

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Wed May 22, 2013 3:31 am

Blistified wrote:
leinaud wrote:Just checked and my unopened copy has the "y seals" on the sides. HTH :)

So my copy has to be resealed and to a collector who is probably doing what youre doing, holding onto it in new condition for value, my copy is worth what a used copy goes for. Thanks for telling me.

NP, but I'm not really a collector, just a guy who doesn't have enough time to play his games anymore, lol! :lol:

Awaking in 2014...

Return to “General Chat”