Half-Genie Hero Shantae

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Half-Genie Hero Shantae

Postby neonie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:19 pm

I couldn't find a thread on this and only saw one post talking about it in a Vita thread and wanted to give this a little bit more visibility here since I know this type of game is right up a lot of people on this forums alley.

Way forward is doing is a Kickstarter for game in the Shantae series, and it looks kind of awesome. This is actually the first Kickstarter I've seen that has gotten me to make an account to put money towards something.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/123 ... genie-hero

Here is the page for the Kickstarter.

Here is one of their inserts, showing Shantae in adorable, adorable nighties.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero continues the tradition of action/adventure in the spirit of Metroid, Castlevania, and the Legend of Zelda. Our goal is to introduce Shantae to a whole new audience with a fresh art style and a brand spanking new storyline. As always, we're putting pitch perfect controls in the front seat.

And here is a blurb that I think sort of encapsulates the project.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Tiger Festival
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Half-Genie Hero Shantae

Postby Tiger Festival » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Be nice if this would get as much love as Might No. 9. But alas I doubt they'll reach all the stretch goals, heck they barely made it past the halfway point of the minimal goal needed to develop the game, while Mighty No.9 gets almost 1.1 million over their original goal and is only two days less of Shantae. Oh well. :(

Sorry I brought down the mood, but games like these never get out there as much.

Aside from that I'll drop some cash, though not much since I'm a poor ass bastard.

I hope the rest of you throw down some cash as well.
Previous username: Arnold Teddie Rosario

My 3DS Friend Code: 3153-4362-8438 Name is Tiger
My Nintendo Network ID: TFS_Goku

PM me if you add me and I'll add you provided you give me your friend code.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Arnold Teddie Rosario wrote:Be nice if this would get as much love as Might No. 9. But alas I doubt they'll reach all the stretch goals, heck they barely made it past the halfway point of the minimal goal needed to develop the game, while Mighty No.9 gets almost 1.1 million over their original goal and is only two days less of Shantae. Oh well. :(

Sorry I brought down the mood, but games like these never get out there as much.

Aside from that I'll drop some cash, though not much since I'm a poor ass bastard.

I hope the rest of you throw down some cash as well.

Yeah I can see it's not doing as well, which was another reason I created this thread. I want to give it a little more visibility, and NISA forums seem like a good place for that.

Spoiler:

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Id love to support this game, but I am finishing my two weeks on Thursday, and starting a new job on Sunday night. So by the time I get my first paycheck from that job, the Kickstarter will have likely ended. Which is an unfortunate circumstance, as Half Genie Hero looks fantastic.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Momiji Inubashiri wrote:Id love to support this game, but I am finishing my two weeks on Thursday, and starting a new job on Sunday night. So by the time I get my first paycheck from that job, the Kickstarter will have likely ended. Which is an unfortunate circumstance, as Half Genie Hero looks fantastic.

If you are still interested when you get your check, then as long as they met their Kickstarter goal, they are going to be setting up a Paypal after the Kickstarter is over to continue possibly meeting stretch goals and for further support for anyone who can't make it on time.

Spoiler:

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Oho! Then I will still have a chance to support this fantastic endeavor of theirs—excellent! Thank you so very much for the information, here's praying that they meet their goal and then some. Shantae has always been a favorite of mine and I'd hate to see her HD Debut end up being shunned.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Momiji Inubashiri wrote:Oho! Then I will still have a chance to support this fantastic endeavor of theirs—excellent! Thank you so very much for the information, here's praying that they meet their goal and then some. Shantae has always been a favorite of mine and I'd hate to see her HD Debut end up being shunned.

Awesome!

I'll try and post the paypal link in this thread when they post one if no one gets to it before me :D

Spoiler:

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Sounds wonderful, I'll keep an eye on the thread, and direct others to the project and eventual PayPal link after the KickStarter period has reached its conclusion.

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:43 am

Looking forward to both this and Risky's Revenge on PC. Pirate's Curse will have to wait.
Blog: http://yurination.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @YuriAmbassador

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:28 am

SaturnineTenshi wrote:For a minute there I thought it was Vita-only.

It's nice that the guys worked on Double Dragon Neon, as that was an amazing game. However, "Our funding price will allow us to create an action-packed opening stage (with boss), 3 Chapters." That's not very inspiring. :<

It would depend on how beefy the chapters were. But, yeah, it's not the most promising thing to see.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:55 am

Heard of this, wonder if the gameplay is cool.

I tried Giana Sisters but despite the graphics, it just doesn't have that level design, enviornment variety, power ups, and gameplay that things like NSMB possess. It just has that lack of ambition.

Platformers should also move towards 4 players co-op for party play option, SP gets dull really quick for platformers.

Developers really are setting their standards too low. While a huge budget can allow more AAA quality stuff,
there can be a lot that can be done with low budget if the gameplay, design and approach is done right and
they don't waste their resources on things that don't require as much attention as others. They can easily
avoid making videogames that are classified as not much more than shovelware, but money can be easily
mismanaged and development focus can be looking in the wrong directions.

They do deserve respect for at least trying something, though its a shame how developers don't really
take full advantage of the resources in the best ways to make something timeless and always fun instead
of a pick up and shelf sort of thing.

Kyoko Needleworker
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Kyoko Needleworker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Gah! Her monkey transformation is so cute.

I really want them to reach this goal, that Mighty Switch Force costume looks cool and the Ninja one reminds me of the Kunoichi from Disgaea.

I'll donate some money later in the week when i get paid :) Excited for Shantae's return in HD

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:27 pm

I hope this Kickstarter succeeds...if I had the money, I'd totally donate

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Got in day 1 on that Early Bird tier. Can't wait. Hopefully the PS3/PS4/Vita options are all cross-buy.

affinity7799 wrote:Platformers should also move towards 4 players co-op for party play option, SP gets dull really quick for platformers.

Ugh. I hate co-op platformers. Always have. I've had so many fights with people over them.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Kokonoe
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Kokonoe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Gah...I wish I could donate $350, but the most I'd be able to donate would be $45. ._.
I Nico nico need a life
---
3DS FC: 3582-8817-0453
PSN: luckydoglink
XBLive: Kokonoepuffs
NNID: KokonoePuffs
Please PM me if you add me

Return to “General Chat”