E3 2016 Thread

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

E3 2016 Thread

Postby shymel94 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:30 pm

It’s the second most wonderful time of the year where we get to watch trailers for games that won’t be released within this year! Jokes aside, E3 is one of the best times of the years for games to be announced, demoed, and shown off in a grand capacity. E3 runs from June 12th through the 16th in Los Angeles, California . Here is a listing of the press conferences/whatever Nintendo is doing:
Creation of the above table belongs to NeoGAF members Cheesemeister and Rosti.
Your time isn't listed in the table? This website should help you out! Also the Gamespot website has a schedule section too.

If you're interested in knowing every company that will be at E3, the E3 website has a section just for that. For my sake, I'm just going to list publishers/developers below that I think the board is most interested in. Next to their names, I am putting what is confirmed to (not) show up and games that have substance behind them being there. This list will not be in alphabetical order so I apologize in advance. In order to prevent repeat games, I'm putting third party games with their publisher, not the console(s) it's on (unless it's being published in the west by Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo) . See anything missing? Feel free to post in it the thread!

Sony (how to watch conference live) - While the high-end PS4 which we've all been calling PS4 Neo is real, it will not be at E3, Grand Turismo Sport will be playable, the Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush 2, Dreams, PS VR stuff

Nintendo (how to watch live) - NX does exist but will not be at E3, ]there will be an E3 eshop sale, and the following games will be showed off: The New Legend of Zelda, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Dragon Quest VII, and Monster Hunter: Generations.

Microsoft (how to watch conference live) - Gears of War 4, Crackdown 3, Dead Rising 4, Scalebound, and potentially an Xbox One revision.

Activision (not sure if streaming conference) - Rise of Iron expansion, Skylanders Imaginators, and Call of Duty: Infinite Warefare

EA (how to watch conference live) - Battlefield 1, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Titanfall 2, FIFA 2017, Madden 2017, NHL 2017, and Star Wars.

Ubisoft (how to watch conference live) - Watch_Dogs 2, For Honor, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Eagle Flight.

Bethesda (how to watch conference live) - Blink 182, Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. Rumors are circulating that Prey 2, Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within 2 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim remastered will be there as well.

Kadokawa (not sure if they have an official stream location yet) - Demon Gaze 2, God Wars, and Root Letter are confirmed on the Kadokawa site (requires translation). Sal on Gemastu mentions some of their other games that might show up.

Take Two - Mafia 3, Battleborn, and Civilization Revolution 2 Plus are confirmed, while a third Borderlands is in development, and there are the BioShock collection rumors.

Capcom - The Resident Evil 5 remaster will be out soon so I think Capcom will show it off, along with Umbrella Corps. Street Fighter 5 has a June update to show off. IT would be quite objectional if the new Ace Attorney does not show up. Hopefully we get some news on the Resident Evil 2 remake and Resident Evil 7.

Square Enix - Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy XII remake, Star Ocean 5, I am Setsuna, Hitman, and maybe information on the PS4 version of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Koei Tecmo - Nioh and I would guess the Attack of Titan game.

Atlus/Sega - Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X, 7th Dragon III: Code VFD, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, King of Fighters XIV, and Rock of Ages II: Bigger and Boulder.

Namco Bandai - As the site mentions, not all of these games have been 100% confirmed for E3 but I think they're all pretty likely: DRAGON BALL: XENOVERSE 2, God Eater 2 Rage Burst, God Eater Resurrection, JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: EYES OF HEAVEN, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force, Necropolis, Sword Art Online: Hallow Realization, Tales of Berseria, Tekken 7, and Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade.

Aksys Games - While I don't think it has been completely confirmed, I believe their station will have Shiren the Wanderer, Blazeblue Central Friction, and the Guilty Gear that just came out, along with Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma of course.

XSEED - A recent press release confirms the following games to be present: Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns, Corpse Party 3DS (PC version not mentioned in press release), Fate/Extrella: The Umbral Star, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II, Akiba's Beat, Shantae: Half-Genie, Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity, and Exile's End.

Natsume - Ceecee has confirmed Wild Guns Reloaded (PS4), Harvest Moon: Skytree Village (3DS) and River City: Tokyo Rumble (3DS).
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

AnimeIsReal
Vassal
Vassal

Re: E3 2016 Thread

Postby AnimeIsReal » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Looks to be a great lineup this year. I am especially looking forward to more Persona 5 details, as it's been a long time coming.

SMTIV: Apocalypse, I don't think too much else can be revealed that hasn't been already, but I am interested if they will talk more about the routes, which are supposably doing away with the traditional Law/Neutral/Chaos alignments. It sounds like a return to Nocturne, storywise, which isn't a bad thing of course.

Mass Effect: Andromeda should have some interesting reveals, as Bioware have been relatively quiet about it until now.

Interested to see what Natsume will do with the new Harvest Moon, with Stardew Valleys release. I can see western audiences shrugging it off to play Stardew Valley instead if it is just the same content.

Fate/Extella is getting localized? I'm surprised, since we never got CCC. I really hope this finally breaks Fate into popularity in the west. It's incredible that it hasn't already.
I have zero redeeming qualities.

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:08 pm

You forgot to mention that Rockstar is going to be there(they're under Take-Two)possibly showing off Red Dead Redemption 2 & an expansion for GTAV/Online.

I hope that Dead Rising 4 is going to be multi-plat and not Xbox/pc exclusive like 3 was.

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:33 pm

Well Bethesda killed it, EA not so much EA needs to get out of the habit of showing off dev diary behind the scenes stuff instead of a proper trailer.

Wish Adam and Morgan would be at all the pressers not just Bethesda's, I want that Dishonored 2 CE but like usual they announce it when I don't have any money or even close to getting paid also was kinda hoping for TEW 2 but eh maybe it wasn't far enough along to show anything for it which EA should take note of.

Grades for the first two pressers.

EA - C-
Bethesda - A

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:56 pm

I might look into the Sony highlights. I'd love to see a new Sly Cooper game...

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:10 pm

Sorry Crono, but Dead Rising 4 seems to be Xbox One/PC only. Also Resident Evil 7 will be first person only and will support VR.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:04 am

Yea Capcom disappointed me twice I'm not digging RE7 after playing the demo, I was hoping the first person view was just for VR and there was option to play first/third but nope also playing as some generic schmuck and it seeming like hide & seek which I hate those games I don't want to run & hide from what's chasing me I'd rather stand my ground & fight.

But as it's a RE game I'll probably get it, I just hope it's not the hide & seek horse shit that it seems like with the demo. Other than that Sony killed it as usual, grades for Monday's pressers.

Sony - A
Microsoft - B
Ubisoft - B-(The Minus is for that awful Just Dance opener, otherwise they would of got a B)

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:21 am

Yeah, I am pumped for E3 this year, Crash Bandicoot returning is what got me excited along with FFXV.

Heh, funny thing really. On Gematsu, I told some idiot who bashes Nintendo and thinks Sony is perfect that Crash has a really low chance of appearing at E3, but Activision proved me wrong with them announcing they are gonna make remastered versions of the original PS1 Crash trilogy.
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Scumbadsoldier
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Scumbadsoldier » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Man, a lot of these conferences have been embarrassing so far aside from Sony's. :lol:

Toddler Naruto
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Toddler Naruto » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:43 am

These are the 27 E3 2016 titles that I'm looking forward to playing eventually.

My E3 2016 Wish List:
Agents of Mayhem (PS4)
Batman: Arkham VR (PS4)
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy (PS4)
Days Gone (PS4)
Death Stranding (PS4)
Detroit: Become Human (PS4)
Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2 (PS4)
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
God of War PS4 (PS4)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
Insomniac Spider-Man (PS4)
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue (PS4)
Mafia III (PS4)
Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4)
Ni-Oh (PS4)
NieR Automata (PS4)
Persona 5 (PS4)
Resident Evil 7: BioHazard (PS4)
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4)
Star Wars (Respawn Project) (PS4)
Star Wars (Visceral Project) (PS4)
South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4)
Tales of Berseria (PS4)
Vampyr (PS4)
Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)
World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

JackCline
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby JackCline » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:10 am

So many good games. Problem is I don't have money :lol:

Return to “General Chat”