La Pucelle: Ragnarok Request

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: La Pucelle: Ragnarok Request

Postby stealth20k » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Smackadoodle wrote:Whoa, 73 pages and at the top of the New Post page? I think the chances of this coming over are very high now. o.o

And, I'll admit, I haven't read the entire 73 pages that is this thread. I could be wrong.

I'm just kind of mad that NISA is stuck on porting over games that are equally, if LESS known in the USA. :/

Actually the odds are 0-.005 percent but the topic is huge because people do really want it. Hell its the definitive version.
Twitter - @Stealth___

Quillbell
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Quillbell » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Smackadoodle wrote:Whoa, 73 pages and at the top of the New Post page? I think the chances of this coming over are very high now. o.o

And, I'll admit, I haven't read the entire 73 pages that is this thread. I could be wrong.

I'm just kind of mad that NISA is stuck on porting over games that are equally, if LESS known in the USA. :/

Well I hope that NISA notices how many people want this, which is really the only thing we can do at this point. There's some weird kind of rights debacle with Mastiff that's caused them to pass on it for now. There's a fuller account of it only a few pages back. :(

chingi1
Vassal
Vassal

Postby chingi1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:13 pm

A few pages back?
... well, now I understand why games would prefer to localize their own games now as opposed to letting someone else do it... except mastiff only published it right?
hmm, w/e. If it comes out, Ill buy it again. This pbp, and a mkp if ever made.
Soul nomad... well... no that game was weird to me. REALLY odd. lol

BlackIceJoe
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BlackIceJoe » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:10 pm

I gladly bump this thread again. Because even though I know the chances are slim if you keep showing there is interest in some thing then the chances will be greater. So I just hope Mastiff will give NISA the license back to NIS. I really hope if they want money for it they will lower the asking price. Because if they are doing nothing with it would it not be better to get a little money over a lot & not get any money because the asking price is to high.

Quillbell
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Quillbell » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:29 pm

chingi1 wrote:... well, now I understand why games would prefer to localize their own games now as opposed to letting someone else do it...

Yeah, it sucks when it's something silly like a rights issue that prevents a game from being released, and a real letdown for all the people who've been waiting for it.

chingi1 wrote:Soul nomad... well... no that game was weird to me. REALLY odd. lol

What's so odd about it?

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm just curious, but has NISA actually stated that Mastiff holding the rights was the actual problem? Because I don't recall them really hinting it.

There could be a lot of other reasons.

Quillbell
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Quillbell » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Taiga wrote:I'm just curious, but has NISA actually stated that Mastiff holding the rights was the actual problem? Because I don't recall them really hinting it.

There could be a lot of other reasons.

You're right, and I suspect it also has to do with the backlog of titles that NISA has on its plate at the moment, though I think that the fact that they would have to pay Mastiff to get the rights to publish it is the sticking point. However offically all we know is that they're not doing it, with no actual reason given (that I'm aware of). Of course this is just my interpretation, and I may be totally off the mark.

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:15 am

no company will ever come straight out and say why they arent doing something just that they arent
Twitter - @Stealth___

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 pm

Awwww stupid Mastiff :( I thought in the first game, NISA has some involvement with it? Or did it predate NISA?

Still, I hope this gets done some time.

Smackadoodle
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Smackadoodle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:38 pm

Sheleigha wrote:Awwww stupid Mastiff :( I thought in the first game, NISA has some involvement with it? Or did it predate NISA?

I thought NISA had at least some involvment in it. Mastiff just ported it over. Actually, it was released in 2004, and NISA released their first game some time in 2000. I guess Mastiff just snatched up the rights before anyone else could.
Kururu: For some reason, everyone's been calling her the Pumpkin Princess. Which, in her opinion, is a pretty rude way to adress everyone's favorite princess!

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:48 pm

It's just weird with their track record of games... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastiff_%28company%29
Ok, well there is that one PSP game that looks like a JRPG. Still, holding onto rights when they are BARELY making anymore games is silly :/ I guess they got the rights to La Pucelle, rather than just the one game?

RedCoKid
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RedCoKid » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Smackadoodle wrote:
Sheleigha wrote:Awwww stupid Mastiff :( I thought in the first game, NISA has some involvement with it? Or did it predate NISA?

I thought NISA had at least some involvment in it. Mastiff just ported it over. Actually, it was released in 2004, and NISA released their first game some time in 2000. I guess Mastiff just snatched up the rights before anyone else could.

NISA did not exist at the time that Mastiff acquired rights.

22 Oct 2003 - La Pucelle Tactics is announced by Mastiff
(BTW Shane Bettenhausen -- still with EGM/1UP back then -- was the OP in the link)
24 Dec 2003 - NIS establishes subsidiary NISA
4 May 2004 - La Pucelle Tactics is released
31 Aug 2004 - NISA publishes its first game, Phantom Brave, with localization help from Atlus

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Havent they made it clear yet?
Twitter - @Stealth___

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:14 pm

stealth20k wrote:Havent they made it clear yet?

They've made it clear, but people are hoping that with enough fan support NISA will change their mind.
It'd be nice, but I just don't see NISA doing this one.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 pm

I would think if there minds were to change it would have been a year ago when the game was fresh in japoan
Twitter - @Stealth___

Return to “General Chat”