La Pucelle: Ragnarok Request

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
Onislash
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: La Pucelle: Ragnarok Request

Postby Onislash » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Topics can be locked, remember? Until that happens I will be looking at this topic.

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:14 pm

I didnt say it should be locked.
Twitter - @Stealth___

Onislash
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Onislash » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Can you figure out my point :P ? That wasnt it.

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:20 pm

I got your point but if no one is looking at this topic, bumping it doenst make much sense.

I thought the nisa employee was pretty clear when he said this wasnt getting localized ever
Twitter - @Stealth___

Onislash
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Onislash » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:55 pm

The employee also said NISA mind couldn't be changed? At least, locking any La Pucelle topic would send a message.

Phoenix_Apollo
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Phoenix_Apollo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:43 pm

stealth20k wrote:I got your point but if no one is looking at this topic, bumping it doenst make much sense.

I thought the nisa employee was pretty clear when he said this wasnt getting localized ever

Maybe once they get done with whatever they have planned for 2011? By then, they should be pretty caught up with a lot of the games they usually publish from their associate developers. Like Gust (aside from the handheld Atelier games), IF (aside from Mist of Chaos), etc. It's worth wondering what they might do after that.
ImageImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Phoenix_Apollo wrote:
stealth20k wrote:I got your point but if no one is looking at this topic, bumping it doenst make much sense.

Maybe once they get done with whatever they have planned for 2011? By then, they should be pretty caught up with a lot of the games they usually publish from their associate developers. Like Gust (aside from the handheld Atelier games), IF (aside from Mist of Chaos), etc. It's worth wondering what they might do after that.

By then, GUST may announce another game, as well as Compile Heart. Plus, there's tons of other games to worry about as well, like Blue Roses and Criminal Girls. Nao said that they were passing on it, but no one wants to accept this. At least you get a definite 'no', the Tales fans have been given nothing but a 'we have no plans at this time', and several other posts that hold them on the end of a string just dangling and hoping that at some point Namco will either sever the string, or pull them up. NISA has been kind enough to let its fans know that they decided (for whatever reasons they may have) they are passing on this game, and won't be localizing it.

I want this game just like everyone, but I respect NISA's choices. They still have plenty of great titles lined up for us. I'm just gonna cut my losses and move on.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Phoenix_Apollo
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Phoenix_Apollo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:43 pm

vampko wrote:
Phoenix_Apollo wrote:

By then, GUST may announce another game, as well as Compile Heart. Plus, there's tons of other games to worry about as well, like Blue Roses and Criminal Girls. Nao said that they were passing on it, but no one wants to accept this. At least you get a definite 'no', the Tales fans have been given nothing but a 'we have no plans at this time', and several other posts that hold them on the end of a string just dangling and hoping that at some point Namco will either sever the string, or pull them up. NISA has been kind enough to let its fans know that they decided (for whatever reasons they may have) they are passing on this game, and won't be localizing it.

I want this game just like everyone, but I respect NISA's choices. They still have plenty of great titles lined up for us. I'm just gonna cut my losses and move on.

That's true. They're probably going to have new stuff announced. However, that's going to be like one game each, and that's depending on whether or not NISA feels that it's marketable. But, aside from a few missed games here and there, it's going to be very interesting to see where things go from here. NISA is releasing less games as well, so they're going to have to do SOMETHING. The last couple of years, there seemed to just be a lot. Now that NISA has caught up, I just think it'll be interesting to see what they end up doing.

They could go back into IF's backlog and release Mist of Chaos. They could also go and release a bunch of handheld titles like the Atelier handheld games, Blue Roses, etc. Or they could go into the 360, but that seems like more of a longshot. I just find this interesting, is all.

Who knows? 2012 could be the year they just focus on Atelier.
ImageImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Phoenix_Apollo wrote:
That's true. They're probably going to have new stuff announced. However, that's going to be like one game each, and that's depending on whether or not NISA feels that it's marketable. But, aside from a few missed games here and there, it's going to be very interesting to see where things go from here. NISA is releasing less games as well, so they're going to have to do SOMETHING. The last couple of years, there seemed to just be a lot. Now that NISA has caught up, I just think it'll be interesting to see what they end up doing.

They could go back into IF's backlog and release Mist of Chaos. They could also go and release a bunch of handheld titles like the Atelier handheld games, Blue Roses, etc. Or they could go into the 360, but that seems like more of a longshot. I just find this interesting, is all.

Who knows? 2012 could be the year they just focus on Atelier.

That would be quite amazing, to have an entire year devoted to Atelier, but I'm sure that they'll be working on other stuff. NISA hasn't slowed down, Lyner's even hinted that they have more up their sleeve for 2011. 2010 is over now, but 2011 holds a great deal if what Lyner said is to be interpreted in that way.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

chingi1
Vassal
Vassal

Postby chingi1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Guess Im just gonna have to start importing all of my titles.
Too bad, this was the one company to actually release their games in the us.
At least I know I can count on the new stuff, then I can import just the ports.

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:10 am

i am actually happy nisa said no so I can move on

unlike tales which is a lingering wound
Twitter - @Stealth___

LordLaharlsVassal
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:06 am

I can not move on so easily, simply becuase this game was made by NIS is a part of,what I would call, their Demon line; Like Disgaea series, Makai Kingdom and Phantom Brave(I do want the PB psp port to be localized), it a never ending story about different Netherworlds, human worlds and Celestia and how they coexist, and how can I get the complete picture of this story if I don't get to play every part of it? La Pucelle Ragnarok got new stuff; the Demon Prier mode, which is important, because Prier is an Overlord in every cameo she has had since La Pucelle.

Yes, this is canon obsession, what about it?
Disgaea Light Novels and Artbooks Localization supporter!
Learn more: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... gaeaNovels

My deviantart: http://maharl.deviantart.com/

chingi1
Vassal
Vassal

Postby chingi1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Lol, I feel the exact same way, but then again, they never released the rest of marl kingdom but this didnt really revolve around the same alternate netherwolds. It is disappointing because this is an actual nis game. Instead they focus on bringing over other developer's games which some are alright but in all honesty just dont have the same flare. They just lack what makes nis' games uniqueness.

Also, the alt story in this game is the most interesting to me since it further touches upon something already previously established. The other modes come out more as random fun. (Dunno about another marona just yet)
oh well

robeduriv
Majin
Majin

Postby robeduriv » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:39 pm

stealth20k wrote:I would think if there minds were to change it would have been a year ago when the game was fresh in japoan

Maybe but then why does it seem for there to be interest in Tears to Tiara which was released back in July 2008 compared to Ragnarok November 2009. If this really has 0% chance of being localized by NISA then I agree for this thread to be locked away.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:44 pm

robeduriv wrote:
stealth20k wrote:I would think if there minds were to change it would have been a year ago when the game was fresh in japoan

Maybe but then why does it seem for there to be interest in Tears to Tiara which was released back in July 2008 compared to Ragnarok November 2009. If this really has 0% chance of being localized by NISA then I agree for this thread to be locked away.

I can't really answer why Tears has suddenly become such a topic of interest, but NISA has never flat out said it isn't happening like they did with Ragnarok. I think they should probably lock this topic as well, but that's up to the mods to decide.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”