General Chat's General Chat

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: General Chat's General Chat

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:53 pm

...I can't believe this. I own just 6 Wii-U games, and I just browsed the entire list of US Retail releases for the Wii-U via GameFAQs... and I saw nothing I wanted to get.

Admittedly, I'd consider getting Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X, but they don't... y'know, REACH OUT to me, the way Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros 4 and Monster Hunter 3U did... I'd have to stretch by getting most of the 1st-party games just to reach the Desired Dozen.

Did the Wii-U... tank, or something?
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:44 pm

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:Did the Wii-U... tank, or something?

Ol' Ninty overestimated the Wii U's sale numbers. As such, it ceased production five months ago after it suffered through weak launch titles, pitiable third party support and a whole lotta other stuff, so yeah...it definitely tanked. : (
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:41 am

I think I'm going to ease on my pettiness and unblock every user I've blocked on here. When the user activity is already so low, might as well open it up to see all of it instead of close to none of it.

Let's see how quickly I end up regretting that decision.

EDIT:

Wow that was quick...maybe I should just leave this forum all together at this point.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:59 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:I think I'm going to ease on my pettiness and unblock every user I've blocked on here. When the user activity is already so low, might as well open it up to see all of it instead of close to none of it.

Let's see how quickly I end up regretting that decision.

EDIT:

Wow that was quick...maybe I should just leave this forum all together at this point.

Ah, that explains it.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:27 pm

He is... very strange, to say the least. Seems rather sociopathic, actually. I never did anything that I can recall, and yet he developed some sort of vehement hatred for me, and refused to explain why. I've learned it's best to just let him do his thing and carry on. Even if it often seems like he's deliberately trying to hijack/intercept the subject.

~ON TOPIC~

As for the Wii-U, I had wanted to get more out of it before beginning the trek to acquire a Switch some time next year. That is, if they've got the games I want for it by then. Looks like I'll have to be satisfied with the 6 I have (plus the VC version of EarthBound, at long freakin' last in my possession.)

I am very interested in the Switch, but it will need the next Smash Bros, the next Monster Hunter (or, just as preferably, a western release of the Switch version of Generations Ultimate), and hopefully a sequel to Hyrule Warriors (the least-required). ...And hopefully the price will have come down. $300's not bad, but it's tough for someone of my extremely limited means of living. Especially considering the fact that new games are now an absurd $60.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:He is... very strange, to say the least. Seems rather sociopathic, actually. I never did anything that I can recall, and yet he developed some sort of vehement hatred for me, and refused to explain why. I've learned it's best to just let him do his thing and carry on. Even if it often seems like he's deliberately trying to hijack/intercept the subject.

I believe we did talk this over, twice even, but I don't blame you for not remembering. That was a while ago after all.

Unless I'm mistaken, it roughly went like this:
It started when I made a post in the "What Grinds Your Gears" thread. Then it escalated into you thinking I was referring to you which made you feel threatened or something like that causing you to take a break from the forum. When you returned, you made a post that heavily alluded to why you left for a while in the first place. I thought it was because of that post I made and I was right. I apologized and everything seemed fine since we left off on an understanding note but after a while since then, things just snowballed. Felt like you were giving me a lot of crap on occasion.

Due to that and in addition to (which I completely admit is unfair for me to make) my growing distaste of fanfiction and the general concept of waifu/husbando (which funnily enough started this whole thing in the first place) and a lot of personal issues going on during that time...you became someone I just didn't want to even associate with cause I got so sick of it all. Was around that time I actively started blocking people.

And I do believe we had this explanatory exchange at some point via PM. I'd provide evidence that we did but I delete everything from my mailbox. So if you happen to still have that exchange...well there it is. If not, well, that makes it hard to validate things.

So yeah, there you go, again. If that makes me a sociopathic...then so be it. I can't exactly argue against what you feel of me. Heck, that's more or less what I've been doing to you still even now. Though I do admit I've grown to be a lot more bitter and jaded then I used to be. Not that that's remotely a valid excuse.

And I guess while I'm at it, @Pore, I've got something to say to you as well.

I won't apologize, not that it'd mean much if I did at this point, but you are someone I completely am unable to get along with. Generalizing, you've near always come off as someone extremely conceited to me. And every attempt I've made to communicate with you throughout the years has always resulted back to the same thing. Being snide towards you had become a knee jerk reaction at some point.

But I still wish you well. I have my flaws and I won't blame you for thinking lowly of me. Heck, I already do that much to myself already.

It's nice to finally get things out. This forum sure does have a lot of memories, even if many weren't exactly the most positive, especially this past year. Spent the ending parts of highschool and the entirety of my public college days visiting here. Looking it up, my account is nearly 4 years old, though I had been lurking for much longer beforehand. That's the longest I've ever spent with any given community outside of real-life friends. I'm going to miss this place, already kind of do.

Kind of wished to not make a melodrama out of this but it ended up being the case anyway. Typical.

So yeah, to anyone and everyone else...may you all have a wonderful life. As least for the unforeseen future, I'm out.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:47 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:So yeah, to anyone and everyone else...may you all have a wonderful life. As least for the unforeseen future, I'm out.

Have a good life, Max. I hope you find a place you're comfortable and happy in.

Also, to be honest, you always came off as a bit conceited as well. Not that I think less of you for it.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:30 am

shadowmaksim wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, it roughly went like this:
It started when I made a post in the "What Grinds Your Gears" thread. Then it escalated into you thinking I was referring to you which made you feel threatened or something like that causing you to take a break from the forum. When you returned, you made a post that heavily alluded to why you left for a while in the first place. I thought it was because of that post I made and I was right. I apologized and everything seemed fine since we left off on an understanding note but after a while since then, things just snowballed. Felt like you were giving me a lot of crap on occasion.

... ... ...I remember that...

And I could have SWORN I pointed out that the offender of that incident WAS NOT YOU. I still cannot say who it was because they still visit this forum occasionally. But it was NOT YOU.

*sigh*

Overlord keroro
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Overlord keroro » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Sooo got a question for prinny and dood. Besides seeing the eng version build of YS(hopefully) any other NISA games we gonna see next week in the E3 showfloor?
3DS Friend Code: 3394-3876-6771
NNID: Soulpiece

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:30 am

Overlord keroro wrote:Sooo got a question for prinny and dood. Besides seeing the eng version build of YS(hopefully) any other NISA games we gonna see next week in the E3 showfloor?

Culdcept and Danganronpa V3 will be there as well.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

Fanglier
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Fanglier » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:42 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:He is... very strange, to say the least. Seems rather sociopathic, actually. I never did anything that I can recall, and yet he developed some sort of vehement hatred for me, and refused to explain why. I've learned it's best to just let him do his thing and carry on. Even if it often seems like he's deliberately trying to hijack/intercept the subject.

I believe we did talk this over, twice even, but I don't blame you for not remembering. That was a while ago after all.

Unless I'm mistaken, it roughly went like this:

Due to that and in addition to (which I completely admit is unfair for me to make) my growing distaste of fanfiction and the general concept of waifu/husbando (which funnily enough started this whole thing in the first place) and a lot of personal issues going on during that time...you became someone I just didn't want to even associate with cause I got so sick of it all. Was around that time I actively started blocking people.

And I do believe we had this explanatory exchange at some point via PM. I'd provide evidence that we did but I delete everything from my mailbox. So if you happen to still have that exchange...well there it is. If not, well, that makes it hard to validate things.

So yeah, there you go, again. If that makes me a sociopathic...then so be it. I can't exactly argue against what you feel of me. Heck, that's more or less what I've been doing to you still even now. Though I do admit I've grown to be a lot more bitter and jaded then I used to be. Not that that's remotely a valid excuse.

And I guess while I'm at it, @Pore, I've got something to say to you as well.

I won't apologize, not that it'd mean much if I did at this point, but you are someone I completely am unable to get along with. Generalizing, you've near always come off as someone extremely conceited to me. And every attempt I've made to communicate with you throughout the years has always resulted back to the same thing. Being snide towards you had become a knee jerk reaction at some point.

But I still wish you well. I have my flaws and I won't blame you for thinking lowly of me. Heck, I already do that much to myself already.

It's nice to finally get things out. This forum sure does have a lot of memories, even if many weren't exactly the most positive, especially this past year. Spent the ending parts of highschool and the entirety of my public college days visiting here. Looking it up, my account is nearly 4 years old, though I had been lurking for much longer beforehand. That's the longest I've ever spent with any given community outside of real-life friends. I'm going to miss this place, already kind of do.

Kind of wished to not make a melodrama out of this but it ended up being the case anyway. Typical.

So yeah, to anyone and everyone else...may you all have a wonderful life. As least for the unforeseen future, I'm out.

I know what it's like. Most forums I used to be a part of made me more jaded and I stopped caring about whether or not to be nice about things.

It's always become more clear to me that while a lot of users on forums demand some kind of respect for their opinions that borders on just shutting up and agreeing with them, which won't happen out of principles of debate for me, they won't extend that same thing to you.

So there's no point in treating people reapectfully when their idea of an argument is to shit all over one argument with simple "you're wrong" and then constant denials of an arguments existence as if it was never made. Gamefaqs does that to me. Seeing forums with huge circlejerks isn't just there. It's also in the anime forums I've been on.
I self identify as a trash compactor. Don't step on my eggshells m8.

Porsrun
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Porsrun » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:46 am

Nice topic,thank you for sharing this post.
gclub
goldenslot

Return to “General Chat”