Demon Gaze General Discussion

Gaze for long into a demon, the demon will gaze back into you...

General impressions, what do you think of Demon Gaze?

It's fun, I'm glad I bought it
82%
It's ok, maybe I should've waited
9%
Disappointed, it's not what I was expecting
9%
Need more time
No votes
Other (discuss)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Demon Gaze (Vita) - Updated (7/7/13)

Postby Rednal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Well, they're not for everyone... personally, I like the Strange Journey and Unchained Blades type of dungeon crawler, featuring plotlines and really emphasizing exploration and such. ^^
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Tiger Festival
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Tiger Festival » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:19 pm

SaturnineTenshi wrote:Not at all. It's nice that NISA is branching out, though. I think both of these games (despite being Vita titles) are good choices whether I like them or not.

That makes two of us. While I'd rather hear Fairy Fencer + Mugen Souls Z gets announced, the announcement on these risky games is good for Nisa, and I'm happy for the ppl who've been wanting the two games for the longest. I hope you guys have a ball with them :D
Previous username: Arnold Teddie Rosario

My 3DS Friend Code: 3153-4362-8438 Name is Tiger
My Nintendo Network ID: TFS_Goku

PM me if you add me and I'll add you provided you give me your friend code.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Arnold Teddie Rosario wrote:
SaturnineTenshi wrote:Not at all. It's nice that NISA is branching out, though. I think both of these games (despite being Vita titles) are good choices whether I like them or not.

That makes two of us. While I'd rather hear Fairy Fencer + Mugen Souls Z gets announced, the announcement on these risky games is good for Nisa, and I'm happy for the ppl who've been wanting the two games for the longest. I hope you guys have a ball with them :D

Thanks, and like-wise to you guys with Fairy Fencer ;)

will57 wrote:Come to think of it, anyone have any idea what the learning curve is like for this game? I want to assume it's not as bad as Class of Heroes. I've been playing the second game for a while and while I enjoy it, I haven't really managed to stick with it for long periods of time like I do with other games (then again maybe that's because it's not on console and there is hardly any story to follow so I don't feel like there's anything wrong with not consistently progressing through the game).

From what I've read, it sounds like the EXP DRPG are on the "easier" side compared to the DRPG's out there.

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 pm

In general yes they're not the hardest dungeon crawler(Labyrinth cross blood on infinity mode was quite challenging sometime). In demon gaze you can change the difficulty anytime, I played on normal. (if I remember there's easy,normal,hard and very hard).

You can make a party of 5 characters, but at first you start with only your main character and it cost money to rent a room for a new character, and every time you come back to the inn you have to pay your rent. (which is easy to pay).
There's no subclass in the game but you can equip some special items that give your character abilities from other class.

the crafting is simple, you salvage(or whatever it is), and it gives points for the type of items(sword/katana/bow/heavy armor....) and then with those points you can boost your gear (up to 10 time for normal items and +30 for legendary)

Your main character can summon demon in battle. Each demon have different abilities/passive(demon level up too and get new skill), the first demon can detect hidden door in the dungeon. one can increase your max health, some are more melee or magic....you can only bring one demon with you (later 2 and 3 max)

the game is simple, but still very fun :)

my favorite song from the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIn2UdDT76E

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Dorarnae wrote:In general yes they're not the hardest dungeon crawler(Labyrinth cross blood on infinity mode was quite challenging sometime). In demon gaze you can change the difficulty anytime, I played on normal. (if I remember there's easy,normal,hard and very hard).

You can make a party of 5 characters, but at first you start with only your main character and it cost money to rent a room for a new character, and every time you come back to the inn you have to pay your rent. (which is easy to pay).
There's no subclass in the game but you can equip some special items that give your character abilities from other class.

the crafting is simple, you salvage(or whatever it is), and it gives points for the type of items(sword/katana/bow/heavy armor....) and then with those points you can boost your gear (up to 10 time for normal items and +30 for legendary)

Your main character can summon demon in battle. Each demon have different abilities/passive(demon level up too and get new skill), the first demon can detect hidden door in the dungeon. one can increase your max health, some are more melee or magic....you can only bring one demon with you (later 2 and 3 max)

the game is simple, but still very fun :)

my favorite song from the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIn2UdDT76E

Thanks for the insight Dora-chan. Quick question, roughly how long is the game?

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:06 am

If you do all the post game stuff. I'd say 50-60 hours. (I have 67 hours played on my game)

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:28 am

Sounds great. So just to be clear, the demons are the party members and the maximum amount is three? I really like the idea of not having any subclasses though, sure it allows a bit more depth but it's just nice and simple this way. The renting rooms thing though sounds like a slight annoyance for when you want to make more characters.

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:15 pm

will57 wrote:Sounds great. So just to be clear, the demons are the party members and the maximum amount is three? I really like the idea of not having any subclasses though, sure it allows a bit more depth but it's just nice and simple this way. The renting rooms thing though sounds like a slight annoyance for when you want to make more characters.

at lvl 22 (I think), you can bring 3 demon with you when exploring, but can only summon 1 during battle. so basically your demon is your 6th party member but you don't control him/her.

Aserrisnepnier
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aserrisnepnier » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Congrats NISA

You're actually bringing over something legit interesting and worth giving a fuck about to people. (& something ppl have actually heard of)

I noticed the games recently announced were games on the request board too.

Good to know you're bringing things over ppl actually WANT and not the stupid loli shit you guys feel like bringing over.

Glad you're getting your shit together. I can actually give you a little respect now.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:13 pm

I'm glad you're looking forward to this, but maybe chill out with the crapping on our other games (which plenty of people have been buying, playing, and enjoying). You're free to dislike us and our games, but don't be a jerk about it.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:06 pm

Demon Gaze is a dream come true, something that I'd never think it'd be NISA's cup of tea. I'm really, really happy it's happening, I can't thank NISA enough for Demon Gaze and Danganronpa.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:46 pm

NISA's recent announcements are actually making me consider getting a Vita sooner rather than later and skipping getting a PS4 at launch :lol: (no, seriously they are).

Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Sultan Sigma » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Aserrisnepnier wrote:Congrats NISA

You're actually bringing over something legit interesting and worth giving a fuck about to people. (& something ppl have actually heard of)

Good to know you're bringing things over ppl actually WANT and not the stupid loli shit you guys feel like bringing over.

Glad you're getting your shit together. I can actually give you a little respect now.

I am super happy Demon Gaze is coming over, but many of us do WANT the 'stupid loli shit' you speak of. I mean if you don't like it, they shouldn't bring it over at all!

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:43 pm

will57 wrote:NISA's recent announcements are actually making me consider getting a Vita sooner rather than later and skipping getting a PS4 at launch :lol: (no, seriously they are).

Same here. I'm already saving up. These 2 games (and Persona 4 Golden) will be the first games I get for it.

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Aserrisnepnier wrote:Congrats NISA

Let it be known that Aserrisnepnier now gives a little respect to NISA now, while it has no monetary value I'm sure they'll be adding the tag line "legit and worth giving a fuck about, not stupid loli shit like we used to release" to the back of the Demon Gaze box.

Really dude?

Hopefully they lose their shit again, don't get me wrong Demon Gaze looks like an interesting solid game that I'd buy if I had a Vita, but those other games they've been picking up have been great too. You need to understand the value of subjective taste and how it effects your argument, the only other thing you have is sales figures and since those other games have been selling great.

Return to “Demon Gaze”