Mugen Souls Z platinum thread

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!

Which Did you Platinum?

US/EU
30%
JP
15%
KOR
No votes
Double Plat
5%
Triple plat
5%
Working on it
20%
On hold (temporary or in the back log)
20%
On Hold (permanently)
No votes
why is this here dood?
5%

Total votes: 20

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Souls Z platinum thread

Postby neonie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:35 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
neonie wrote:I might not be able to Plat this after all. I feel like I'm just leveling too slow, my HP on any of my characters hasn't got past 150k, Tioni still kicks my ass, and I really have no idea how to make this go faster and I'm losing patience :P

Getting a plat on this game isn't long but it's very difficult. Once you beat Tioni clone, you could probably progress quickly in getting trophies. Most people get the platinum for this game expect it take longer.

Leveling up isn't really that important in Mugen Souls Z since you can get to level 9999 in 10 minutes with a good setup. Didn't get all of the free DLCs yet? It's very possible to complete everything in this game without ever raising the level cap if you have good equipment, upgraded them fully, can do a 1000+ hit combo on every Mugen Field floor, have good matter and have good skills.

Ok lets assume I don't have access to the DLC's and it's impossible for me to use matter in any capacity. I can level up, I can make peons, combine peons, upgrade and enhance base weapons. How would you go about that?
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:21 am

neonie wrote:Ok lets assume I don't have access to the DLC's and it's impossible for me to use matter in any capacity. I can level up, I can make peons, combine peons, upgrade and enhance base weapons. How would you go about that?

You're still in good shape if you can make and combine peons, how good are you at doing Fever Mode combos and have you maxed out damage carnival yet? It's the biggest shortcut to gaining enough power to beat the doppels.

If you want to go for a platinum, here's what I have to say about it under to spoiler. Off topic and unrelated to our discussion though (this is directed to no specific person).
Spoiler:
This game may be cute and funny, but don't take it too lightly, this RPG probably has the most customization out of all the Compile Heart games since it has a 5 mb save file. Mugen Souls Z has versatile gameplay, so I can't really give any solid tips since there are hundreds of ways to play this but I can help if I can get more information about your situation.

Since you're creative and smart, you can figure out how to get past the obstacles. The JP version of Mugen Souls Z has an 8.32% platinum rate while the EN version only has 1.42%, probably because they're more of a casual RPG gamer who are used to the main story being the bulk of the game while the Japanese are used to RPGs where the story isn't a big part.

Mugen Souls Z takes a lot more thinking than most turn based RPGs. I'm not saying the battles will take thinking, but setting up your characters, finding out the best combinations of equipment, finding out where to find them, examining the enemy's potential, etc will help you get a platinum unlike more other turn-based games which you can win by simple grinding. The better you are at time management and calculating the best method for maximum earnings will drastically shorten the platinum time.

People take the game too lightly and don't take advantage of everything. The main story is a tutorial that's supposed to be cakewalk while the post game and special worlds is how the real game is really meant to be played. The first game's platinum was an extreme test of patience and pain while Mugen Souls Z platinum tests you more about how well you know how well you can work with the game's systems.

I highly recommend getting Self-Defense+100, Gained Mugen Points Up+150%, Gained EXP Up+150%, HP Auto-Restore+25, SP Auto-Restore+25 when you start to feel like using matter. Self Defense+100 helps a ton since that doubles the stats of everything on all 4 of your defense slots.

This is just my overview on the platinum, it's hard but doesn't take very long to get a platinum like how a real platinum should be. If someone says they are a hardcore RPG player and can't get past the post game, they're not taking advantage of all of the resources or they mean that they are hardcore at grinding. RPGs usually have simple platinums by just playing through the game and enjoy the story but this one requires a bit of thinking and doing battles with bosses who destroy unprepared players. Mugen Souls Z has insane numbers and most gamers don't have the mental capacity to calculate all of the variables the game has to determine success or failure. Getting this platinum should be incredibly fun for creative people who enjoy testing best character builds to exploit the enemy's weakness.

This platinum should be a piece of cake for you if it's rate is higher than 8% in Japan on PSN profiles.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:22 am

chouchou's peon wrote:
neonie wrote:Ok lets assume I don't have access to the DLC's and it's impossible for me to use matter in any capacity. I can level up, I can make peons, combine peons, upgrade and enhance base weapons. How would you go about that?

You're still in good shape if you can make and combine peons, how good are you at doing Fever Mode combos and have you maxed out damage carnival yet? It's the biggest shortcut to gaining enough power to beat the doppels.

If you want to go for a platinum, here's what I have to say about it under to spoiler. Off topic and unrelated to our discussion though (this is directed to no specific person).
Spoiler:
This game may be cute and funny, but don't take it too lightly, this RPG probably has the most customization out of all the Compile Heart games since it has a 5 mb save file. Mugen Souls Z has versatile gameplay, so I can't really give any solid tips since there are hundreds of ways to play this but I can help if I can get more information about your situation.

Since you're creative and smart, you can figure out how to get past the obstacles. The JP version of Mugen Souls Z has an 8.32% platinum rate while the EN version only has 1.42%, probably because they're more of a casual RPG gamer who are used to the main story being the bulk of the game while the Japanese are used to RPGs where the story isn't a big part.

Mugen Souls Z takes a lot more thinking than most turn based RPGs. I'm not saying the battles will take thinking, but setting up your characters, finding out the best combinations of equipment, finding out where to find them, examining the enemy's potential, etc will help you get a platinum unlike more other turn-based games which you can win by simple grinding. The better you are at time management and calculating the best method for maximum earnings will drastically shorten the platinum time.

People take the game too lightly and don't take advantage of everything. The main story is a tutorial that's supposed to be cakewalk while the post game and special worlds is how the real game is really meant to be played. The first game's platinum was an extreme test of patience and pain while Mugen Souls Z platinum tests you more about how well you know how well you can work with the game's systems.

I highly recommend getting Self-Defense+100, Gained Mugen Points Up+150%, Gained EXP Up+150%, HP Auto-Restore+25, SP Auto-Restore+25 when you start to feel like using matter. Self Defense+100 helps a ton since that doubles the stats of everything on all 4 of your defense slots.

This is just my overview on the platinum, it's hard but doesn't take very long to get a platinum like how a real platinum should be. If someone says they are a hardcore RPG player and can't get past the post game, they're not taking advantage of all of the resources or they mean that they are hardcore at grinding. RPGs usually have simple platinums by just playing through the game and enjoy the story but this one requires a bit of thinking and doing battles with bosses who destroy unprepared players. Mugen Souls Z has insane numbers and most gamers don't have the mental capacity to calculate all of the variables the game has to determine success or failure. Getting this platinum should be incredibly fun for creative people who enjoy testing best character builds to exploit the enemy's weakness.

This platinum should be a piece of cake for you if it's rate is higher than 8% in Japan on PSN profiles.

Ahh ok, yeah from what it sounds like this plat would be super hard for me @[email protected] I'm kind of a "brute force" type person, and I mostly play games on auto-pilot while listening top podcasts (until story stuff comes up), but from what it sounds like there's a lot more variables and thinking involved if you really want to get this games plat, and my heads no good for that stuff.

It's why I always play CqC characters in games and not mages. Mages are smart guys, CqC just like to destroy things. I'm way better at destroying things then being a smart guy :P

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:44 am

neonie wrote:Ahh ok, yeah from what it sounds like this plat would be super hard for me @[email protected] I'm kind of a "brute force" type person, and I mostly play games on auto-pilot while listening top podcasts (until story stuff comes up), but from what it sounds like there's a lot more variables and thinking involved if you really want to get this games plat, and my heads no good for that stuff.

It's why I always play CqC characters in games and not mages. Mages are smart guys, CqC just like to destroy things. I'm way better at destroying things then being a smart guy :P

That would be the first Mugen Souls platinum, except for that you will be autopiloting for 400+ hours of Shampuru grinding.

These variables shouldn't be that hard to understand if you've ever played an MMORPG or Elder Scrolls game where you select a class, level them up and predict how their final character build would be. That's how this game is like except for that it's for an offline turn based RPG that takes nowhere near as long to master.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Where can I find ridge-end tiles and where can I find a damascus?

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:09 pm

neonie wrote:Where can I find ridge-end tiles and where can I find a damascus?

You can find Ridge-End Tiles from Clockwork Keep (Castle mobs) on 100,001~200,000 Regular route, floors 46~59. Component list for Mugen Field mobs:
http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Mugen_Field_bestiary_component_list_(Mugen_Souls_Z)

Damascus come from Killachine on floor 71~79 Slumbering Beast (doesn't matter on bet or route) but you have to steal from him and then beat him in battle. Component list for Mugen Field bosses:
http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Unlisted_Mugen_Field_boss_component_list_(Mugen_Souls_Z)
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:15 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
neonie wrote:Where can I find ridge-end tiles and where can I find a damascus?

You can find Ridge-End Tiles from Clockwork Keep (Castle mobs) on 100,001~200,000 Regular route, floors 46~59. Component list for Mugen Field mobs:
http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Mugen_Field_bestiary_component_list_(Mugen_Souls_Z)

Damascus come from Killachine on floor 71~79 Slumbering Beast (doesn't matter on bet or route) but you have to steal from him and then beat him in battle. Component list for Mugen Field bosses:
http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Unlisted_Mugen_Field_boss_component_list_(Mugen_Souls_Z)

Gotcha, thanks.

Trying to make MP and Gold materials but I've only got one white laced panties and equipping a +3 MP increase matter probably isn't going to net me very much

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:21 pm

neonie wrote:Gotcha, thanks.

Trying to make MP and Gold materials but I've only got one white laced panties and equipping a +3 MP increase matter probably isn't going to net me very much

MP and G matter are some of the best matter. I also farm gained EXP matter which helps a ton. Farming Bronze Socks gives a easy Gained G matter.

You can make easy Mugen Point Up matter from Traveler's Mantle's 2nd and 3rd random matter set which come from Eggplant and Alraune components. I recommend getting SP Auto-Restore, it restores your SP upon your turn.

Do you know about manipulating random matter sets? This video should explain a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKs7E9n ... VJFSZM-RAg
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:27 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
neonie wrote:Gotcha, thanks.

MP and G matter are some of the best matter. I also farm gained EXP matter which helps a ton. Farming Bronze Socks gives a easy Gained G matter.

You can make easy Mugen Point Up matter from Traveler's Mantle's 2nd and 3rd random matter set which come from Eggplant and Alraune components. I recommend getting SP Auto-Restore, it restores your SP upon your turn.

Do you know about manipulating random matter sets? This video should explain a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKs7E9n ... VJFSZM-RAg

@[email protected] *fizzle*

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:47 pm

neonie wrote:@[email protected] *fizzle*

Takes a while to learn about matter, I could see why you wanted to avoid using them because they can help you out a whole lot.

Gotta try to be as overwhelming as you can or else this game will own us during post game.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

DevilAlbert
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby DevilAlbert » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:11 pm

2 Trophies to plat this game (beat the Absurdity World and Intergalactic Chou-Chou) the weapons/armor master matter and matter efficacy up maxed are really helpful.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:09 pm

DevilAlbert wrote:2 Trophies to plat this game (beat the Absurdity World and Intergalactic Chou-Chou) the weapons/armor master matter and matter efficacy up maxed are really helpful.

Oh nice, looks like you are at the end. Those two trophies shouldn't be that hard since you've already made it this far.

The Intergalactic Chou-Chou trophy is a bit tricky though. Most people think you need Shampruru quantity for this trophy but it's all about getting Shampuru quality.

Tips:
Spoiler:
1.) Max out Tier 15 Shampuru from Peon Rebellion.

2.) Max out Happy and Renegade Shampuru from Post Game runs. (You can captivate them normally without the large crystal if you've already did the 1st tip.)

3.) Do Mugen Field on max bet Carnage Route and Bazooka captivate spam (peonify/ frenzy doesn't matter) until you get it.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

DevilAlbert
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby DevilAlbert » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:21 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:The Intergalactic Chou-Chou trophy is a bit tricky though. Most people think you need Shampruru quantity for this trophy but it's all about getting Shampuru quality.

Thanks for the tips, i was doing Vorgis Returns! Banana Rumba! for the components and getting high quality Shampuru. The size is affected by G-Castle HP as it says in the wikia, mine has 200 millions.

Edit: At first i thought that they were going to obliterate me with my stats, but the battle against Kakeru? and Altis? in the Absurdity world was very soft.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:29 pm

DevilAlbert wrote:Thanks for the tips, i was doing Vorgis Returns! Banana Rumba! for the components and getting high quality Shampuru. The size is affected by G-Castle HP as it says in the wikia, mine has 200 millions.

Edit: At first i thought that they were going to obliterate me with my stats, but the battle against Kakeru? and Altis? in the Absurdity world was very soft.

You're welcome, looks like you're doing pretty well with 200 million HP G-Castle HP, I think you need at least 500 million to get Intergalactic. It's nice that the size is determined by G-Castle HP/SP instant of something else.

Vorgis Returns is very good to get Tier 14 Shampuru if you've already gotten all the Tier 15s from Peon Rebellion. The Bath Banana battle also seems pretty good, you can probably make a lot of the OOP Parts (the yellow orb defense items) from that battle.

Hopefully you get the Intergalactic soon. It usually takes me around 10 hours extra to get that trophy but the first time I've got it, I didn't even realize it gave a trophy.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

DevilAlbert
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby DevilAlbert » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:51 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Vorgis Returns is very good to get Tier 14 Shampuru if you've already gotten all the Tier 15s from Peon Rebellion. The Bath Banana battle also seems pretty good, you can probably make a lot of the OOP Parts (the yellow orb defense items) from that battle.

Thanks to that battles i got many OOP Parts for weapon master and other useful matter, and the lv9999 fusion goes well, the next one will surpass 300%, i only level them when i'm bored of getting Shampuru et cetera...

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”