Mugen Souls Z platinum thread

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!

Which Did you Platinum?

US/EU
30%
JP
15%
KOR
No votes
Double Plat
5%
Triple plat
5%
Working on it
20%
On hold (temporary or in the back log)
20%
On Hold (permanently)
No votes
why is this here dood?
5%

Total votes: 20

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen Souls Z platinum thread

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:32 pm

DevilAlbert wrote:Thanks to that battles i got many OOP Parts for weapon master and other useful matter, and the lv9999 fusion goes well, the next one will surpass 300%, i only level them when i'm bored of getting Shampuru et cetera...

Yeah, you're definitely getting a plat for this pretty soon. I also level up my characters and farm Shampurus at the same time since farming high end Shampuru also gives good EXP.

Maxing out all Tier 15s is nowhere near enough for getting 500 million G Castle HP/SP but maybe a little over 200 million. Happies and Renegade Shampurus are worth way more G-Castle stats than all Tier 15 combined.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:16 pm

On hold indefinitely. Probably won't get back to it until October or later since I'm getting a lot of new games in.
PSN: YuriFan9999

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:00 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:On hold indefinitely. Probably won't get back to it until October or later since I'm getting a lot of new games in.

Sounds good, hopefully when you get back to this game, there will be a lot of platinum tips in the future. I'll still be playing this just because there's a lot of stuff I can do this game.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Pettanko Fan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Pettanko Fan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:44 pm

213 Hours of playtime and only one trophy left to go: Intergalactic Chou-Chou.

*looks at G-Castle stats, 180mil HP and 18mil in all stats*

Still a ways to go...

DevilAlbert
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby DevilAlbert » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Pettanko Fan wrote:213 Hours of playtime and only one trophy left to go: Intergalactic Chou-Chou.

Still a ways to go...

276 Hours and 405 million HP, 95M left for the "Intergalactic Chou-Chou" Trophy. I need to get it quickly, Fairy Fencer F is around the corner.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:31 pm

DevilAlbert wrote:
Pettanko Fan wrote:213 Hours of playtime and only one trophy left to go: Intergalactic Chou-Chou.

Still a ways to go...

276 Hours and 405 million HP, 95M left for the "Intergalactic Chou-Chou" Trophy. I need to get it quickly, Fairy Fencer F is around the corner.

You guys are actually pretty close regardless of G-Castle stats seeming far from the goal. Getting Intergalactic Chou-Chou should be obtainable as quick as how you can farm the strongest Shampurus until they are maxed out. The more tolerance you have to the same battle until powerful Shampurus are maxed, the faster this trophy will come by.

You guys probably already know how to get this trophy but I'll add some tips under this spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet.

Spoiler:
    1.) I suggest farming all Tier 15 Shampurus first in "Peon Rebellion" until they are maxed out to 9,999

2.) Then do 4 extra post game NG+ runs to max out Happies and R. Shampuru. Other people have farmed Happy and R. Shampuru from other battles but I prefer NG+ because it's less risky.

3.) When those to are maxed out, I just do "Vorgis Returns" on Mugen World Redux until it pops up.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

DevilAlbert
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby DevilAlbert » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Yesterday i got the Platinum trophy, an hour of Peon Rebellion and some luck. Thanks chouchou's peon, your tips were really helpful.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:20 pm

DevilAlbert wrote:Yesterday i got the Platinum trophy, an hour of Peon Rebellion and some luck. Thanks chouchou's peon, your tips were really helpful.

You're welcome and gratz! This is an incredibly rare platinum to get and not that many people are able to get it.

You finished it just in time for Fairy Fencer F.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Pettanko Fan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Pettanko Fan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Yeah, the randomness of that Large Crystal is a real pain in the ass. Thankfully I maxed out on Happys and Renegades after five postgame runs (the amount of stats those two alone provide is absurd) so I didn't spend forever on it--even so, I had to complete Rebellion about 30 times, with a considerable amount of failure involved. It's either reset when the crystal angers or waste time trying to kill them; not worth it for inferior gains.

I have the platinum now, PSNProfiles is just slow when it comes to updating it apparently.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:11 am

Pettanko Fan wrote:Yeah, the randomness of that Large Crystal is a real pain in the ass. Thankfully I maxed out on Happys and Renegades after five postgame runs (the amount of stats those two alone provide is absurd) so I didn't spend forever on it--even so, I had to complete Rebellion about 30 times, with a considerable amount of failure involved. It's either reset when the crystal angers or waste time trying to kill them; not worth it for inferior gains.

I have the platinum now, PSNProfiles is just slow when it comes to updating it apparently.

Wow, you've gotten the Intergalactic Chou-Chou trophy pretty quick! Guess I was kind of right that the trophy was easy to get when you actually farm Shampurus.

I think the Happy and Renegades by themselves will give 230 Million G-Castle HP/SP which is more than what 9,999 of all Tier 15s combined will give. Never underestimate the power of Happy/ R.Shampuru Post Game NG+ runs.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Pettanko Fan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Pettanko Fan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:15 am

One trick was I set my C.Effect to Bonus. When you do this, it increases the amount of Shampurus gained from further captivations by 30% (but no higher). So if you get 200 Happys from a fake batle, that can become 260. Since most of the fakes come with a handful of minions, you can captivate those first for the bonus. The only time you can't do this is against the Ebon World fakes--the crystal there always blocks Coffin skills.

This can effectively cut down on a postgame run or two, depending on how many Happys/Renegades you started running NG+ cycles with.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Pettanko Fan wrote:One trick was I set my C.Effect to Bonus. When you do this, it increases the amount of Shampurus gained from further captivations by 30% (but no higher). So if you get 200 Happys from a fake batle, that can become 260. Since most of the fakes come with a handful of minions, you can captivate those first for the bonus. The only time you can't do this is against the Ebon World fakes--the crystal there always blocks Coffin skills.

This can effectively cut down on a postgame run or two, depending on how many Happys/Renegades you started running NG+ cycles with.

Oh, that's a pretty neat little trick, much better than just going for the large crystal at the beginning, 30% extra Shamps help a lot.

Pretty cool that you earned all the G-Castle stats needed for Intergalactic Chou-Chou in one sitting. Wonder how you managed the Mugen Field? Always doing assault battles? :lol:
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Pettanko Fan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Pettanko Fan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:37 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Oh, that's a pretty neat little trick, much better than just going for the large crystal at the beginning, 30% extra Shamps help a lot.

If your charm levels are above 60, you can directly captivate the postgame bosses in two turns.

chouchou's peon wrote:Wonder how you managed the Mugen Field? Always doing assault battles? :lol:

It's worth noting I used none of the DLC, which led to a lot of Mugen Field runs for component farming, which meant lots of assault battles were had (kind of have to when enemy ships always have more than triple your G-Castle stats). To give you an idea of how much Mugen Field I ran, I was swimming in 9,999,999,999 Mugen Points that I didn't need once I was comfortable with running 5mil+ bets. :roll:

They're nowhere near as rewarding as doing Peon Rebellion but over the course of grinding up it does add up until you reach the point where you can handle Rebellions quickly. 100th floor bosses always drop Tier 15 shampuru. Tier 13s drop consistently in the lowest floors of the highest bets. Slumbering Beasts and Keepers of Death will always reward you with special-type shampuru (Gemini in particular rewards a bit more because there's two of them).

Keep in mind I was completely unaware of the fact that Overwhelming Thongs were a drop in the Mugen World Redux, so some of that material farming went to waste.

Still, this game was quite the experience and with a few little pet peeves aside (the money grind), it was actually a lot of fun, and at least the game is somewhat less demanding on time+resources to create supercharacters when compared to Disgaea games.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Pettanko Fan wrote:It's worth noting I used none of the DLC.

No DLC No life. I would've greatly shortened your time needed to platinum, some of them would even help you complete the regular since they give items that are needed to captivate some planets.

At least it's possible to get the platinum in Mugen Souls Z without DLC, the first game kind of made it a requirement.

My pet peeve is that captivating some planet spots are required to advance through the story. It'd be nice to make them all optional at least they don't make us captivate every place like the first game so that's an improvement. I thought money grinding was the easiest thing in this game, that's actually how I get my Seven's Weapons which is by buying the Tier 28 weapon (1 tier lower than the Seven's Weapon) from the Rare Shampuru shop to use as an ingredient. In the first Mugen Souls, you'd have to watch the whole 150+ hit animation each time since you can't skip that animation even when turning off animations :lol:

You've gotten the platinum though which means you've seen everything the game has to offer besides the DLC battles. This is definitely a very fun game for me, I thought the battle mechanics in the game are very fun to mess with, there's still a lot of things about the game that needs to be discovered like how the "random" drops or charm levels work. Mugen Souls Z is a great game for people who like figuring out and taking advantage of the game mechanics.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Pettanko Fan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Pettanko Fan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:57 pm

When I was referring to the money grind I was referring to it being "not fun".

Is it easy? Of course, but that doesn't make it fun. Even with the most ideal setups, it takes at least 90 minutes to max out on G. Essentially, it comes down to me having to stop the fun for that amount of time whenever I need to max out a bunch of new equipment (top-ranking items require close to a billion to max out) or purchase a lot of tickets for whatever reason--I know I took apart many Queen's Manicure sets to get Self-Defense for my whole party.

Mugen Points come really easy in the late postgame. Same with G-Ups. G is the only thing that isn't awarded at the same rate, and requires you to take specific measures to get lots of it. It doesn't help that Fever Time G isn't even influenced by the matter that increases gained G--though I wonder if Compile Heart was aware of how much G Fever Time was capable of giving out and decided not to make them compatible.

Other grinding aspects of the game are actually fun due to being less mundane and granting more freedom.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”