Mugen Souls Z platinum thread

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!

Which Did you Platinum?

US/EU
30%
JP
15%
KOR
No votes
Double Plat
5%
Triple plat
5%
Working on it
20%
On hold (temporary or in the back log)
20%
On Hold (permanently)
No votes
why is this here dood?
5%

Total votes: 20

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen Souls Z platinum thread

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:53 pm

neonie wrote:Still, for a game like this, it can turn into a sort of Lost Woods if you don't know where to go/what to do/what to work towards. Having someone there to help and point the right direction is kind of invaluable. The game (the trophy's) tell you WHAT you need you to do get then, but without the right information can seem insurmountable.

*Motivational speech*
Spoiler:
I agree with needing other people to guide in the right direction is invaluable, but people are too afraid to ask for it. The hardest word to say in the English language is "help", so you deserve a lot of respect for asking for it.

If you take a look at the trophy list now, you can imagine in your head how much faster you could've gotten the platinum trophy, now that you know all the shortcuts. The platinum trophy boils down to your mastery of the game's advanced mechanics such as: Fever Time, Equipment Upgrade, Peons, Captivate, Matter, Conditional Skills, etc which take a while to get used to. After I learned this, I found out that I can learn anything if you have motivation.

One thing I love about this trophy set is that there are many different ways you can get a trophy and sometimes you can earn multiple trophies at once. I tend to ignore trying to earn those trophies and focus on the final one. For instance, getting the Festival of Pain trophy will get you 5 other trophies (so 6 total if you include this one.). The Festival of Pain trophy can help with the 999 hit trophy because they both need Damage Carnival maxed, and it also helps you with getting more money, so you get 4 trophies for getting 999 hits.

Just out of curiosity, how many New Game+ did you do, and you remember how much Shamples you collected, rounding to the nearest 100,000?

neonie wrote:I feel like if they did make a third game I would now be much better prepared to tackle it. I've learned quite a few lessons in the process of both beating the normal game and earning the Platinum that, if they didn't change up the systems to much, would make playing the next game much easier. Stuff like using Fever Time to earn money and how in the early game levels aren't nearly as important as upgrading equipment. Those two things alone completely change the way you look at the game.

When you go into it thinking of it as a straight JRPG, that's going to make you have a bit of a tough time.

You definitely will, I played the original Mugen Souls first, so that made Mugen Souls Z much easier.

Casual RPG fans can platinum games with straight gameplay (not story) with actual grind trophies that take forever, over trophies that require you to think or be creative with mixing and matching good combinations of character builds/ equipment. I actually can't stand (unless it features cute girls) getting trophies that tell you got get 10 different endings with boring NG+s and strict requirements.

Time for me continue with "Trillion"
Spoiler:
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:32 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how many New Game+ did you do, and you remember how much Shamples you collected, rounding to the nearest 100,000?

Six NG+ total, but only three since I started work on the Platinum. The other three were from when it released and I was playing it and the Mugen Field was still broken. Also one of those NG+'s for this run was unproductive since I didn't True End and therefore gained nothing from it. In the end it took about 6000 Renegade and 6000 Happy (roughly) to pop the trophy.

581,533 Shamples.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:31 pm

neonie wrote:Six NG+ total, but only three since I started work on the Platinum. The other three were from when it released and I was playing it and the Mugen Field was still broken. Also one of those NG+'s for this run was unproductive since I didn't True End and therefore gained nothing from it. In the end it took about 6000 Renegade and 6000 Happy (roughly) to pop the trophy.

581,533 Shamples.

So only 2 extra NG+ after beating the game, not bad at all!

600k Shamples is an insane amount collected for that trophy lol. That must've helped you a whole lot with G-Castle stats, to only take around 6k of the Special Shamples. It usually takes me 4 extra because I max out the Happy and Renegade. Infact, I maxed out the Happy and Renegade before Tier 15s for the first time I played the game.

That's all I needed to know. We can close our trophy discussion about the game.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”