Mugen Souls Z platinum thread

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!

Which Did you Platinum?

US/EU
30%
JP
15%
KOR
No votes
Double Plat
5%
Triple plat
5%
Working on it
20%
On hold (temporary or in the back log)
20%
On Hold (permanently)
No votes
why is this here dood?
5%

Total votes: 20

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen Souls Z platinum thread

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:49 pm

neonie wrote:Lol no no no, you answered my question anyway. When I was saying "wasting my time" I meant as in getting the Butlers high(er) stat percentages before I fused them with the main characters (or at least the ones earning me EXP right now). I was waiting until they were going to be relatively high (400+%) before I bothered fusing them with non-butler characters for higher percentages. But since they can only increase 40% at a time there's no point in waiting.

Ah okay. It's definitely not a waste of time just like you said.

I actually prefer waiting because these peons are incredibly powerful and is a great investment to make life easier in the future.

*My Mugen Souls Z Philosophy*
Spoiler:
Well, in Mugen Souls Z, barely anything goes to waste. When something doesn't turn out the way you expected, means you'll have improvise. Even buy that Aerial Knife you bought with Gold Tickets is going to be useful (it can be dismantled into a "Twin Knife Skill Master+2" but you can decide what you want to do with it).

neonie wrote:My second question to that is, does it matter if either the butlers or the character I'm fusing with is level 9999 when I fuse them, or does ONLY the stat percentages matter and will go up the same amount no matter what level they are? (Though I know it matters for the Butler characters to both be at 9999 for the best percentage increase, I was just wondering about other characters.)

Yes, it matters exponentially. If you only get 1 character to level 9999 and the other only level 1, their stats will be 42x weaker than they would be if they were both level 9999. Here's what levels matter for depending on the role they have in fusion.

1.) Levels of the Base will give them an invisible, base stat growth (I mentioned a long time ago).
2.) Levels of the Sub matters for increasing stat percentages for the base. 1 level can make a huge difference, if you fuse with the sub at level 9998, you will only gain 30% instead of 40% at level 9999.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:54 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
neonie wrote:Lol no no no, you answered my question anyway. When I was saying "wasting my time" I meant as in getting the Butlers high(er) stat percentages before I fused them with the main characters (or at least the ones earning me EXP right now). I was waiting until they were going to be relatively high (400+%) before I bothered fusing them with non-butler characters for higher percentages. But since they can only increase 40% at a time there's no point in waiting.

Ah okay. It's definitely not a waste of time just like you said.

I actually prefer waiting because these peons are incredibly powerful and is a great investment to make life easier in the future.

*My Mugen Souls Z Philosophy*
Spoiler:
Well, in Mugen Souls Z, barely anything goes to waste. When something doesn't turn out the way you expected, means you'll have improvise. Even buy that Aerial Knife you bought with Gold Tickets is going to be useful (it can be dismantled into a "Twin Knife Skill Master+2" but you can decide what you want to do with it).

neonie wrote:My second question to that is, does it matter if either the butlers or the character I'm fusing with is level 9999 when I fuse them, or does ONLY the stat percentages matter and will go up the same amount no matter what level they are? (Though I know it matters for the Butler characters to both be at 9999 for the best percentage increase, I was just wondering about other characters.)

Yes, it matters exponentially. If you only get 1 character to level 9999 and the other only level 1, their stats will be 42x weaker than they would be if they were both level 9999. Here's what levels matter for depending on the role they have in fusion.

1.) Levels of the Base will give them an invisible, base stat growth (I mentioned a long time ago).
2.) Levels of the Sub matters for increasing stat percentages for the base. 1 level can make a huge difference, if you fuse with the sub at level 9998, you will only gain 30% instead of 40% at level 9999.

Ahhhhh ok. I Probably made a slight mistake fusing my two non-max level butlers with EXP, but from what it sounds like it's a temporary mistake and I can probably just get them all up to level 9999 and it's not like it's the end of the world or whatever.

Also oh awesome tip with the Arial Knife thing I'll do that next time I'm back at base.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:06 am

neonie wrote:
Ahhhhh ok. I Probably made a slight mistake fusing my two non-max level butlers with EXP, but from what it sounds like it's a temporary mistake and I can probably just get them all up to level 9999 and it's not like it's the end of the world or whatever.

As long as you don't get any matching stat percentages, their percentages will continue to increase.

Also oh awesome tip with the Arial Knife thing I'll do that next time I'm back at base.

That was just an example of how everything is useful lol. If you do want to keep upgrade the weapon to a Curtana, the Barrel Insulator is found from Particle Cannon on the 500,001 to 1,000,000 bet, Carnage Route.

After Curtana, it turns into Dual Defenders and then you can sell it as an ingredient to make a weapon stronger than it, which is what I would rather have you do. You could give your old Dual Defenders for someone else to use.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:18 am

chouchou's peon wrote:That was just an example of how everything is useful lol. If you do want to keep upgrade the weapon to a Curtana, the Barrel Insulator is found from Particle Cannon on the 500,001 to 1,000,000 bet, Carnage Route.

After Curtana, it turns into Dual Defenders and then you can sell it as an ingredient to make a weapon stronger than it, which is what I would rather have you do. You could give your old Dual Defenders for someone else to use.

So should I... get the Curtana or just get enough money to buy platinum tickets to buy Angel Tears? Or do I need the Dual Defenders to make Angel Tears?

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:26 am

neonie wrote:
So should I... get the Curtana or just get enough money to buy platinum tickets to buy Angel Tears?

Do whichever one you want. I would buy them with 30 Platinum Tickets but before you do that, check the Weapon Shop to see if you can even buy it. If it appears at the weapon shop, the it should be the ticket shop. If you don't see it, check what I wrote near the top of this page in the spoilers.

Or do I need the Dual Defenders to make Angel Tears?

Angel Tears are made by selling Dual Defenders + Glorious Blades if you don't want to spend 30 Platinum Tickets (3 Billion G).
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:35 am

chouchou's peon wrote:Angel Tears are made by selling Dual Defenders + Glorious Blades if you don't want to spend 30 Platinum Tickets (3 Billion G).

Ahhhh I gotcha. I'll think about what I want to do then lol.

Spoiler:

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:16 am

There is nothing worse on this planet than grinding levels and then seeing:

"SOMETHING HAPPENED:

PHYSICAL SKILLS SEALED :D"

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:03 am

neonie wrote:There is nothing worse on this planet than grinding levels and then seeing:

"SOMETHING HAPPENED:

You got that right, since it's about 80% of all the skills in the game. I think this happens a lot less here than in the first Mugen Souls.

Still got Ultimate Soul, regular attacks, magic attacks, and Dive Gongs until you can unseal it.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:11 am

chouchou's peon wrote:
neonie wrote:There is nothing worse on this planet than grinding levels and then seeing:

"SOMETHING HAPPENED:

You got that right, since it's about 80% of all the skills in the game. I think this happens a lot less here than in the first Mugen Souls.

Still got Ultimate Soul, regular attacks, magic attacks, and Dive Gongs until you can unseal it.

I usually just reload. Also Ultimate Soul is NEVER useable when it would be useful (Like on each 10th floor or during bosses)

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:55 pm

neonie wrote:I usually just reload. Also Ultimate Soul is NEVER useable when it would be useful (Like on each 10th floor or during bosses)

Reloading is actually what I do since I only stay in the Mugen Field for a maximum of 10 minutes to grind to level 9999.

This should be a platinum trophy thread. Did you clear all of the challenges yet? Last time you were breaking 8 small crystals, but had to shoot an enemy in the air to do it. Just curious on how many hours you've played. If you have 40 Million HP/DEF/AGI you could start farming for Intergalactic Chou-Chou.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:38 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
neonie wrote:I usually just reload. Also Ultimate Soul is NEVER useable when it would be useful (Like on each 10th floor or during bosses)

Reloading is actually what I do since I only stay in the Mugen Field for a maximum of 10 minutes to grind to level 9999.

This should be a platinum trophy thread. Did you clear all of the challenges yet? Last time you were breaking 8 small crystals, but had to shoot an enemy in the air to do it. Just curious on how many hours you've played. If you have 40 Million HP/DEF/AGI you could start farming for Intergalactic Chou-Chou.

I'm only at around 25 Mil for Syrma and EXP right now. EXP is certainly killing things that used to be a problem faster lol. I'm certainly working on the Platinum but I'm only playing in spurts (my mind can only take so much grinding at once before I need a break xD)

But yeah soon it'll be time for me to poor some of the Butlers back into Syrma and EXP again, I'm just getting them up to about 450 before I do that.

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:58 pm

neonie wrote:I'm only at around 25 Mil for Syrma and EXP right now. EXP is certainly killing things that used to be a problem faster lol.

Actually, any stats would be nice, I only said 40 million because that's how much AGI the enemy has and getting past that will allow you to attack first, making the Intergalactic Chou-Chou trophy faster to get. If 25 mill is your base stats, you would have 50 million if you equipped a weapon they are proficient in. Now your equipment proficiency matters since your base stats are high. Also equip skills they are proficient in, that will also increase their stats.
I'm certainly working on the Platinum but I'm only playing in spurts (my mind can only take so much grinding at once before I need a break xD)

You can stop the grind and finish up the challenges. They're all easy except the last one.

I was asking about total time on the game since everybody plays games in short spurts. How many total hours have you played? You should be able to get the rest of the trophy depending since you have a lot of Mugen Souls expertise if you played a long time. You can see the time when you save/load game. Example - 70:13:24.

1st (JP) time, I went completely blind (well, I did have Mugen Souls 1 experience), had absolutely no clue about the game or its trophies, watched all of the story. I just played it regularly just for fun and accidentally got the platinum trophy in 90 hours.

2nd (KR) time, I skipped all of the story, took shortcuts and got it in 42 hours.

3rd (EN) time, I went all out, bought all the DLCs, and can get the platinum with a playtime of 29 hours.
Spoiler:
I could get get 70% charm on every form except Ditz/ Terse, prior to meeting Bertram for the first time.

But yeah soon it'll be time for me to poor some of the Butlers back into Syrma and EXP again, I'm just getting them up to about 450 before I do that.

You should be good on your base stats. It's probably time to farm some Matter. These would make life so much easier and you'd probably wished you had these a long time ago.

25% HP and SP Auto-Regen. Physical Damage+50, (Weapon) Skill Master+150, Self-Defense+100. You can find wikia pages by doing a google search of these with "Mugen Souls Z" part of your search.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:12 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
neonie wrote:I'm only at around 25 Mil for Syrma and EXP right now. EXP is certainly killing things that used to be a problem faster lol.

Actually, any stats would be nice, I only said 40 million because that's how much AGI the enemy has and getting past that will allow you to attack first, making the Intergalactic Chou-Chou trophy faster to get. If 25 mill is your base stats, you would have 50 million if you equipped a weapon they are proficient in.

Syrma is using a weapon she's proficient in though and that's where her stats are (I haven't increased her stat% quite as much as EXP)

chouchou's peon wrote:You can stop the grind and finish up the challenges. They're all easy except the last one.

Not strong enough. Latest challenge just needs me to kill the things on the field and I miss them. I could also coax Syrma 18 times but that's a pain and I'd rather just wait till I'l strong enough to Tornado Rush or Grand Lion them to death.

Once I'm around 450+% I'm going to start pouring the Butlers into Syrma and EXP again, and than I will try again.

chouchou's peon wrote:I was asking about total time on the game since everybody plays games in short spurts. How many total hours have you played?

Subtracting 50 hours from what it says due to sometimes maybe having accidentally left the game on, 157 hours. (Listed time is 207)

chouchou's peon wrote:You should be good on your base stats. It's probably time to farm some Matter. These would make life so much easier and you'd probably wished you had these a long time ago.

25% HP and SP Auto-Regen. Physical Damage+50, (Weapon) Skill Master+150, Self-Defense+100. You can find wikia pages by doing a google search of these with "Mugen Souls Z" part of your search.

I don't think I'm quite good on base stats yet all things considered, but I'll certainly look into some of these matters. That Physical Damage and HP and SP auto regen specifically seem like they'd be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper useful.

Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:32 pm

neonie wrote:Syrma is using a weapon she's proficient in though and that's where her stats are (I haven't increased her stat% quite as much as EXP)

That's good. 25 mill equipping a weapon she's proficient is nice.
Not strong enough. Latest challenge just needs me to kill the things on the field and I miss them. I could also coax Syrma 18 times but that's a pain and I'd rather just wait till I'l strong enough to Tornado Rush or Grand Lion them to death.

Once I'm around 450+% I'm going to start pouring the Butlers into Syrma and EXP again, and than I will try again.

Coaxing would probably be easier. You are strong enough, you just need to deal a 55+ hit combo, and then it removes their invincibility.

Hint: Get a 3 link Prayer, and then you can damage them before their next turn.

Subtracting 50 hours from what it says due to sometimes maybe having accidentally left the game on, 157 hours. (Listed time is 207)

Thanks, sounds like you have a lot experience with the game, that's about how long it takes to nearly master the game.

neonie wrote:I don't think I'm quite good on base stats yet all things considered, but I'll certainly look into some of these matters. That Physical Damage and HP and SP auto regen specifically seem like they'd be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper useful.

Yup, they're easy to get.

I'll post an easy way on how to get them tomorrow.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:41 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Coaxing would probably be easier. You are strong enough, you just need to deal a 55+ hit combo, and then it removes their invincibility.

Hint: Get a 3 link Prayer, and then you can damage them before their next turn.

Ooh I didn't know they had invincibility. That makes things easier to figure out thanks.

Spoiler:

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”