Missing a lot of Peon Voices

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Missing a lot of Peon Voices

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:06 pm

vampko wrote:The funny fact you realize is thus:
This game could have had 100% dub voices. All it took was making dummy sound files (as in silent files) and having them follow the naming convention. That's it. Then we'd have a full JP track, and the EN dub voices that they already had. This does nothing to mess with the program itself.

The problem with doing that is unless NISA says so, it could easily make people think that their copy of the game is bugged. Since some of them are voiced and others weren't that the unvoiced ones do have them, people might (mistakenly) think that the voices exist and a bug is preventing them from playing.
PSN: YuriFan9999

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:10 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:
vampko wrote:The funny fact you realize is thus:
This game could have had 100% dub voices. All it took was making dummy sound files (as in silent files) and having them follow the naming convention. That's it. Then we'd have a full JP track, and the EN dub voices that they already had. This does nothing to mess with the program itself.

The problem with doing that is unless NISA says so, it could easily make people think that their copy of the game is bugged. Since some of them are voiced and others weren't that the unvoiced ones do have them, people might (mistakenly) think that the voices exist and a bug is preventing them from playing.

Considering they'll already be experiencing JP voices where there are no EN voices....I really don't think that's an issue that needs to be addressed.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Maybe so. But for people who only use English voices, it still would be confusing and somewhat jarring.
PSN: YuriFan9999

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:20 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:Maybe so. But for people who only use English voices, it still would be confusing and somewhat jarring.

Like having a conversation stop out of nowhere only to start up again out of nowhere?
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:57 pm

English and Japanese dub track both have something now but during the Mugen Souls Z livestream, they said that if you have those voices set in Japanese, you will have those same options as the Japanese version.

My initial thought was that they're still in this game but very difficult to get, like maybe they won't show up until you get the dual audio peon voices first, and then the JP only voice sets come after.

vampko wrote:Like having a conversation stop out of nowhere only to start up again out of nowhere?

Yup, I'm used to that on the English audio track during the normal story scenes but there's a pretty good amount of voiced scenes here, maybe 60-75%.

But this is peon voices and not on the same level voices lost from the story. I bet all of the JP peon voice sets are still ingame but no one knows how to unlock them.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:56 pm

vampko wrote:
NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:Maybe so. But for people who only use English voices, it still would be confusing and somewhat jarring.

Like having a conversation stop out of nowhere only to start up again out of nowhere?

Every. Single. Line. In RWBY.

"Character says something."

2 second pause

"Retort."
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:09 am

...that's not the same thing.

Not to mention 'realistic' pauses in speech which do actually happen often feel a bit wonky in media, simply because it doesn't flow as we're accustomed it being spoken 'perfectly'.

Regardless, not really relevant to the current discussion.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Blink_Winkel
Majin
Majin

Postby Blink_Winkel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:23 am

Last edited by Blink_Winkel on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

DevilAlbert
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby DevilAlbert » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:21 am

Blink_Winkel wrote:So if we buy that DLC we restore all ~80 or so missing Japanese peon voices right? If the missing Japanese peon voices cannot be unlocked in Mugen Field and paying is the only way to get all of them back, then I'll pay if it means making the game more enjoyable to play. I Just want to make it does restore ALL of the Japanese voices though before paying.

I dont think so, but then, the DLC is a waste of money since you can get all the voices beating all post-game bosses, easy with some upgrades. Anyway, someone can confirm if the DLC has all voices?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:38 am

DevilAlbert wrote:I dont think so, but then, the DLC is a waste of money since you can get all the voices beating all post-game bosses, easy with some upgrades. Anyway, someone can confirm if the DLC has all voices?

I've gotten it, they only give 8 more voices that I've already gotten so you don't need this DLC if you can beat the post game and buy them in the Dev Center.

I was expecting a lot more since it's the same price as other godly DLCs such as the one that gives 999,999 G Ups and the equipment pack that gives all 10 of the Seven's weapons. I've a tried a lot of things like starting a new game in Japanese audio and reach chapter 4 when peons unlock but it still only unlocks the same 8 voices from both versions so it's still 12 voices total. I was only trying because of what I heard on the livestream.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Blink_Winkel
Majin
Majin

Postby Blink_Winkel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:55 am

Last edited by Blink_Winkel on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:03 pm

Blink_Winkel wrote:Wow, what a ripoff. Thanks for being the guinea pig and saving us 3$, lol.

You're welcome lol. I actually thought it was a broken DLC at first since I've already gotten all the voices which was why I started a new game. BTW, there are actually 106 JP voices total and we only got 12 to match the EN dub, so there's actually 94 JP voice sets missing.

I was hoping that they would add the JP only voices since it is costs as much as the best DLCs. This DLC should cost 0.99 to be fair.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Kyro
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Kyro » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Nice one NISA, I so didn't want to use those other 94 voices.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”