Fairy Fencer F (2013, PS3, Compile Heart)

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: And the new game by the Neptune team is...

Postby Sultan Sigma » Wed May 08, 2013 1:13 pm

vampko wrote:
SaturnineTenshi wrote:There is a thread about this here.

That's a thread about the overarching Galpagos brand. This is a thread specifically for the first game in that brand.

Both can easily live on.

I can see the other one having a purpose eventually, but with only one game announced, won't both threads be filled with the same info and conversations?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed May 08, 2013 1:20 pm

SaturnineTenshi wrote:
suttonmitchell wrote:
vampko wrote:
SaturnineTenshi wrote:There is a thread about this here.

That's a thread about the overarching Galpagos brand. This is a thread specifically for the first game in that brand.

Both can easily live on.

I can see the other one having a purpose eventually, but with only one game announced, won't both threads be filled with the same info and conversations?

They will, and this still wouldn't be the place for the thread regardless.

I will agree it doesn't belong in this section.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:25 pm

FauxSho wrote:Is Tsunako really out of fresh ideas that she has to basically rehash old character designs and just give them a different costume? The battle system sounds interesting but I feel like this game will be doing a lot of recycling from Nep V.

Actually, I think that's just how Tsunako draws her characters.
Her characters from Date-a-live look a lot like some characters from Neptunia for example.

Not too sure about the recycling from NepV either. Those comments about the battle system and such weren't offcial. On the other hand, Complie Heart is known for recycling things all the time...eh, we'll see.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:45 pm

vampko wrote:I will agree it doesn't belong in this section.

I don't plan on writing about it everywhere else if it gets eventually closed, though. Guess I'll keep posting news until it happens.

Red-Drive
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Red-Drive » Wed May 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Hmm... Well then.

Characters look interesting enough, but I need to see the rest of the cast and have a general idea of the gameplay and plot before I cast any judgment on this one.
Proud affiliate of Planeptune and Lastation~

My 3DS Friend Code: 0216-1298-2938 | Name: Red

Little Brother's 3DS Friend Code: 1547-6245-0544 | Name: Chase

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed May 08, 2013 6:25 pm

zazza345 wrote:Tiara: " A lady's travel is surely tiring. It's certainly the perfect time for Camomille Tea. If you would like, feel free to join me".

zazza345 wrote:Part of Fang description (what can I read, at least): "Main character that has become a Fencer by accident. While he's sarcastic, and a person considered frank to the point of stupidity, it can be said that he's a honest, straightforward man."

... Okay, Tiara's got some proper lady thing going on as well as maybe Nepgear's personality.

And I'll have to see where Fang goes with this personality of his.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Official site (nothing to see there for now):

http://www.compileheart.com/fairyfencer_f/

FauxSho
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby FauxSho » Thu May 09, 2013 12:13 am

vertical09 wrote:
FauxSho wrote:Is Tsunako really out of fresh ideas that she has to basically rehash old character designs and just give them a different costume? The battle system sounds interesting but I feel like this game will be doing a lot of recycling from Nep V.

Her characters from Date-a-live look a lot like some characters from Neptunia for example.

Not too sure about the recycling from NepV either. Those comments about the battle system and such weren't offcial. On the other hand, Complie Heart is known for recycling things all the time...eh, we'll see.

I love Tsunako's style but it doesn't seem to vary much, at least not here. The Tiara character looks almost exactly like Nepgear with a hair/eye color swap. And judging by her look, she'll have the same personality too. Give me something fresh.
ImageImage

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu May 09, 2013 12:15 am

FauxSho wrote:
vertical09 wrote:

I love Tsunako's style but it doesn't seem to vary much, at least not here. The Tiara character looks almost exactly like Nepgear with a hair/eye color swap. And judging by her look, she'll have the same personality too. Give me something fresh.

It would probably help if the writers gave her something original to work with.

FauxSho
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby FauxSho » Thu May 09, 2013 12:49 am

Porecomesis wrote:It would probably help if the writers gave her something original to work with.

I think it would too. Writing with CH has always been sub par. They overly enjoy using anime stereotypes.
ImageImage

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu May 09, 2013 12:52 am

FauxSho wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:It would probably help if the writers gave her something original to work with.

I think it would too. Writing with CH has always been sub par. They overly enjoy using anime stereotypes.

I think "archetypes" is the better word.

Regardless, who wants to have a competition? Let's make up a character for a Compile Heart game that is very non-traditional or subverts common archetypes! It won't accomplish anything but, by gosh, it will be fun, yaaaay!

FireDatPrinneh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Location: Currently staying over(or rather, working) at Hakugyokuro

Postby FireDatPrinneh » Thu May 09, 2013 1:09 am

Porecomesis wrote:
FauxSho wrote:

Regardless, who wants to have a competition? Let's make up a character for a Compile Heart game that is very non-traditional or subverts common archetypes! It won't accomplish anything but, by gosh, it will be fun, yaaaay!

I don't really know what you are up to, but I may be in until I get a better understanding of this. Just how does this competition work? What are the rules?

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu May 09, 2013 1:19 am

FireDatPrinneh wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:
FauxSho wrote:

I don't really know what you are up to, but I may be in until I get a better understanding of this. Just how does this competition work? What are the rules?

Nothing; just make up characters that break tradition over the knee. In fact, "competition" is the wrong word entirely. Should've said "something or other that you'd call a bunch of kids in kindergarten making drawings and showing them around".

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu May 09, 2013 6:08 am

FauxSho wrote:And judging by her look, she'll have the same personality too. Give me something fresh.

Umm...her description makes her sound closer to an ojousama type character, or maybe a nadeshiko type. She doesn't seem like she lacks confidence.

I don't see Nepgear in her at all so far :?
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu May 09, 2013 6:11 am

vampko wrote:
FauxSho wrote:And judging by her look, she'll have the same personality too. Give me something fresh.

Umm...her description makes her sound closer to an ojousama type character, or maybe a nadeshiko type. She doesn't seem like she lacks confidence.

I don't see Nepgear in her at all so far :?

She looks slightly lost and confused and she carries herself somewhat awkwardly but with traces of feminine grace.

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”