Fairy Fencer F - General Discussion Thread

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Fairy Fencer F - General Discussion Thread

Postby Seventh » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:18 am

Well, I'd call it a good thing if anything, since that would show some noticeable character growth, even if it's small. I'd say he's actually started adjusting and wising up some in the short time I did play, and I've only been through two dungeons.

And with that said, keep in mind I am only two dungeons in. :lol: I haven't been able to get comfy enough after the accident to want to sit down for a lengthy period of time with the PS3. :(

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:20 am

Seventh wrote:And with that said, keep in mind I am only two dungeons in. :lol: I haven't been able to get comfy enough after the accident to want to sit down for a lengthy period of time with the PS3. :(

Oh, forgot about that. Yeah, kind of jumped on that point. Carry on. By the way, Fang uses X-Sabers.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:23 am

Porecomesis wrote:Is Fang's depth limited to "I have to protect those I care about" and "I have to care about other people at the expense of food and sleep" or is there actually anything worthy of note?

He has character growth, despite being a "blank" character at the beginning.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:27 am

xizro345 wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:Is Fang's depth limited to "I have to protect those I care about" and "I have to care about other people at the expense of food and sleep" or is there actually anything worthy of note?

He has character growth, despite being a "blank" character at the beginning.

Thank you but you already said that.

einar
Majin
Majin

Postby einar » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:44 am

Going into more details would require spoilers.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:54 am

einar wrote:Going into more details would require spoilers.

Gotcha.

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Not exactly a point of importance, but worth noting nonetheless, I suppose:

While the girls' swimsuits become available in the shop once you've reached a certain point in the game, it seems that their corresponding accessories (the flower for Tiara's hair, the ribbon for Harley, etc...) do not. As of yet, I haven't been able to discern how/where to obtain these.

This just kind of bugs the completionist in me, heh.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:13 pm

I just stopped going to the shop after a certain point, so I actually didn't know that :lol:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Some people probably might already know this but here's a random fun fact.

You can get the "20-hour playtime" trophy...at the main title screen. I left the game on the title screen while doing something else and I got it right before shutting my PS3 off.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Ended up beating the game for the first time tonight. I was kind of surprised since I didn't realize I actually chose my ending slightly before the end of the game. I read that there was a way to do it, but I didn't realize I actually selected it. Onto playthrough 2 and hoping to platinum it. It seems like a pretty straightforward, albeit grindy platinum.

Mao Kag
Majin
Majin

Postby Mao Kag » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:19 pm

im on my third play though is their something to do to make the tower unlocked or is it suppose to be out of a dlc?

cause i've tried it like a 100th time to go in and it didnt work

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:13 am

Shukesu's Tower is available to play at any point during the game. You unlock higher floors by sticking more Furies into the ground via the World Shaping feature. When you acquire a new Fairy, you should match them up with a Fury in the Godly Revival stage.

Any Furies stabbed into the ground beyond the 5th will begin unlocking further floors. For example, say you have ten Furies placed via the World Shaping feature; you will be able to fight up to Floor 10 in the Tower. I'm guessing you haven't been equipping the Fairies you get from the story and Lola's side-quests to the Furies in Godly Revival.

You also acquire new Fairies by fighting higher levels in the Tower and gaining special Medals, up to Floor 39 whereupon you receive a medal for one of the two S-Rank Fairies. There are 40 Fairies--and likewise, Furies to unlock--in total.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:23 am

shadowmaksim wrote:Some people probably might already know this but here's a random fun fact.

You can get the "20-hour playtime" trophy...at the main title screen. I left the game on the title screen while doing something else and I got it right before shutting my PS3 off.

Wait, the title screen counts for that?! I thought it would at least go off of actual gameplay time within a save.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:00 am

Wdog-999 wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:Some people probably might already know this but here's a random fun fact.

Wait, the title screen counts for that?! I thought it would at least go off of actual gameplay time within a save.

I have no idea how it actually works.

All I know was that my file said I was at 19:54 (I think) and I left it on the title screen for a while to look up something on my laptop. When I got back to it and was proceeding to go turn off my PS3...the trophy popped up.

The thing is, I exited into the title screen from my game file. So my guess is that the title screen was still counting the time from the point I exited from in the game. I don't know if reloading the file or starting a new game would reset it though. Either way, I somehow got it.

EDIT:

On a side note, IGN finally reviewed the game.

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:41 am

i have all but the
Spoiler:
100 million gold trophy i'm waiting on the extra Dlc tower floors that aren't released yet to finish it up
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”