Localization Discussion

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
St0ck
Majin
Majin

Re: Localization Discussion

Postby St0ck » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:52 pm

Daverost wrote:
Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:Daverost, he agrees with us on this point, he just doesn't agree with how absolute the conclusion is. I suggest just drop it for now. It's not worth wasting your own time to make him (or any of us for that matter) look bad.

I know, I saw that part. I just don't appreciate being put on the spot as the guy in the wrong for being in the majority (and so far only) opinion when I'm not the one playing Devil's Advocate without any proof to the contrary. Or the one making the point in the first place.

But fine.

You were put on the spot because you used a logical fallacy to back up your opinion, end of story.
When you said "Never once has anyone ever said" you have just spoken for the entire human population up until that point in time, unless you have omniscience you're lying.

And then you came up with "I hold the common opinion. Prove it false", once again you're saying you even have an understanding of what the common opinion is, hell I doubt you even have 30 people's opinions on what their opinion is.

And here's the shitty part, you have a pretty sound argument by just saying what you opinion is, but you have this weird need to back it up with these weird lies. Instead of NISA reading your opinion and hearing:
"Oh here's a fans opinion on our work, let's listen".
They hear:
"Oh here's this person rambling off things he knows nothing about".

Believe me when I say people will listen to you a lot more when you don't pull that kindof crap.

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:14 am

BDSMKane wrote:
Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:No one skips over a game because it's too close to the original.
As much as I wish I could agree, I can't, because it really isn't true.

Re: Criminal Girls: Invite Only (Vita) Coming to the West in
snowypaint wrote:Yeah, I'm probably going to get some hate for this but, I'm actually kinda happy its getting censored. Ive wanted to play this game back when it was on the PSP but I never imported because the torture mini game made me a bit uncomfortable.

Though, I will say that while people on video game forums are supposedly a minority, people who make comments such as those seem to be the rarest of the rare. I can't even think of a dozen examples in well over a decade of forum browsing, it just happens that one of them was quite recent and I knew where to find the proof.

Tbh, people like that should feel bad about supporting cut/censored content just so it appeals to them.
If they didn't like what they see, then don't buy it, no one else should have to suffer because you feel uncomfortable. Why not have an option to skip content like MW2 did?

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:28 am

Don't take things personally, guys. Let's keep the discussion civil and healthy.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 am

Alice Twilight wrote:Tbh, people like that should feel bad about supporting cut/censored content just so it appeals to them.
If they didn't like what they see, then don't buy it, no one else should have to suffer because you feel uncomfortable. Why not have an option to skip content like MW2 did?

This.

I didn't want to say this before cause it might be mean, but I'm almost willing to lump these kinds of people to those pro-censorship outspoken groups. We tend to think the latter group aren't going to buy the game in the first place, which is true (usually), but when it comes to the ultimate result of the quality of the product, there's really no difference.

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:37 pm

You're probably better off not caring about the people who buy censored games because it appeals to them, they're hardly a marketable force and their purchasing habits are negligible.

The real cause of censorship is rating boards and company execs who believe they know what the market wants.

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”