Pre-orders Are Open For Limited Edition

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Pre-orders Are Open For Limited Edition

Postby Houk » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:37 pm

BDSMKane wrote:
SpeedPunk wrote:Whoa $75 bucks for that LE.... Dat Beanie Though.

I miss the good old days of $64.99 LEs. I'm sure some of the more senior users here remember and miss them as being $59.99 and part of the first print.

Is there any chance NISA would consider three tiers of prints as something consistent for the future? A [email protected], a [email protected]$59.99 or so with box/soundtrack/book, and a [email protected]$69.99+ with the extra bonus item?

not really. we can't predict what we'll be able to do for any given LE so there's no real way to standardize. plus we've had multiple LE tiers in the past and it really doesn't work out all that well.

BDSMKane
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby BDSMKane » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Houk wrote:
BDSMKane wrote:
SpeedPunk wrote:Whoa $75 bucks for that LE.... Dat Beanie Though.

I miss the good old days of $64.99 LEs. I'm sure some of the more senior users here remember and miss them as being $59.99 and part of the first print.

Is there any chance NISA would consider three tiers of prints as something consistent for the future? A [email protected], a [email protected]$59.99 or so with box/soundtrack/book, and a [email protected]$69.99+ with the extra bonus item?

not really. we can't predict what we'll be able to do for any given LE so there's no real way to standardize. plus we've had multiple LE tiers in the past and it really doesn't work out all that well.

Alright, thanks for the reply Houk.
BDSMKane wrote:A defective product was released by NIS America on March 25, 2014.....and any support for that product is(by all appearances) non-existent. That's the core issue, and it reeks of poor business ethics.

Rarc
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Rarc » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:00 am

Had to register to the forums just for this.
I have been a NISA fan since very long and I was eagerly waiting for the obligatory Fairy Fencer F Limited Edition, I even passed up other limited editions to buy this one later, just to be disappointed. Natural Doctrine (a game I don't care about) on PS3 gets a better bundle at a lower price and FFF gets.... this...
I was hopefully waiting for at least a figure and/or a 2 disc soundtrack (like the LE for Witch and the Hundred Knight that I passed up :cry: ). Now I'm having a hard time justifying a $75 price tag for the contents. We don't even know how many pages long is the "artbook" or how many tracks are included in the one disc soundtrack (almost expecting it to be a short sample CD, since we already know a full 2CD soundtrack exists). I won't even comment about that beanie.
To sad... I also miss the good old days of NISA Limited Editions.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:30 am

Rarc wrote:I was hopefully waiting for at least a figure and/or a 2 disc soundtrack (like the LE for Witch and the Hundred Knight that I passed up :cry: ).

NISA doesn't have the budget to order new things to be created for their LEs. They usually just get leftovers from Japan to package. If the Japanese LE did not contain a figure, there's no way the Western LE would. The Witch and the Hundred Knight Japanese LE had the nendo, which is how we got it in the Western LE.

Rarc
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Rarc » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:29 am

myskaros wrote:NISA doesn't have the budget to order new things to be created for their LEs. They usually just get leftovers from Japan to package. If the Japanese LE did not contain a figure, there's no way the Western LE would. The Witch and the Hundred Knight Japanese LE had the nendo, which is how we got it in the Western LE.

I understand this may be the situation, still I don't see the beanie in the Japanese one, so it's not actually a left over, and a 2CD Soundtrack already exists. Anyway, what makes it hard for me to justify the price is the fact that we don't know the length of the artbook or the soundtrack (it obviously isn't complete). With the description they give, I don't want to pay for the LE and end up with a 15 page booklet (not artbook) and a 10 track sample CD.

Also, Houk says:
Houk wrote:we've had multiple LE tiers in the past and it really doesn't work out all that well.

I don't think it's the tier system that doesn't work, it's the choices of the items they include. The same happened with Mugen Souls. Who thought a hand towel and sponge was a good added bonus?
I didn't see a problem with the multiple tiers of Disgaea 3 or 4. They were great additions. If I wanted everything I would go for the top tier (which I did), if not the other one still had good bonuses. But with MS1, I didn't see a reason to pay for things I wouldn't want or use, and those things were in both tiers, so I ended not getting any of them.

Anyway, this is just my opinion.

Dimension Slash S
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Dimension Slash S » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:46 pm

I will probably end up buying this Limited Edition, but I do miss those Limited Edition on PS2 with just the Art Book and Soundtrack CD. For $25 more, you're basically paying for the beanie and it doesn't look good AT ALL.
I would have prefer some kind of DLC weapon or In-game costume and keychain, rather than the beanie. :lol:

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:09 am

Since pretty much everything from a Limited Edition offer seems more like something to collect rather than to find actual use of, I don't mind the beanie too much. At the same time though, I think it'll kind of lose some of it's appeal if Pippin doesn't end up being a memorable character. :?

Honestly though, when it comes to having extras that you wear as an LE offer, the Atelier Meruru "barrel" shirt was the best.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:49 am

Pippin already sounds pretty memorable to me, though we shall see. :lol:

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 pm

You guys can complain all you want, but I'll wear that beanie with pride!! Can't wait for September.

zakrain
Peon
Peon

Postby zakrain » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:52 am

loving the game so far. Only complaint i really Have on the LE is that some of the songs i was hoping that would be on the soundtrack is not even on it. Like the opening song.

Beth
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Beth » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:47 am

Today, it was cold enough to wear my beanie :D

Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Emerald Emblem » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:42 pm

zakrain wrote:loving the game so far. Only complaint i really Have on the LE is that some of the songs i was hoping that would be on the soundtrack is not even on it. Like the opening song.

OP songs barely ever make it on the OST, kinda reached for the heavens with that expectation.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:49 pm

Here's the single, if you want to keep your eyes open for it ;x

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... -CD2-13704

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”