[PS4] Fairy Fencer F - Advent Dark Force -2015

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: [PS4] Fairy Fencer F - Advent Dark Force -2015

Postby Darcnova » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:53 am

Leon Tekashi wrote:... Welp, bye bye vanilla version! (Both PS3 and PC) :lol:

Seeing as the middle of the game is...well, part of the start of the game, yeah...no need to really care about those :lol:

metlspaz
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby metlspaz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:53 am

so.. it isn't a sequel? well, a pass on it then.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:00 am

Well, by the time I get a PS4 and this comes out, I'll probably have gotten around to finishing the first one. :lol: And considering it'll be another NISA vs IFI scenario by then anyway, it'll sort of be a fresh look at even the old parts of the game anyway.

And hey! This might explain why FFF's port is taking as long as it is too - they probably knew they were going to need it for this so they really are probably doing the script over. :shock:

xizro345 wrote:The new routes are around midgame. there's the "classic" route (Goddess) then the "Evil God" and "Devil" routes. At least it's what I gather from the information published so far.

So you're saying there will be a goddess route, a dark god route, and a devil route? In a game where the main character's sword is one of the lead girls?

Oh my!

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:23 am

Any chance for Zenke to become playable?, along with Marianna I would of much rather taken them over Pippin and Galdo in the orig game hopefully those two characters get killed off this time around.

Be awesome if Bernard were to join as well, those were 3 characters I liked a lot more than some of the characters we got, Bernard could replace Sherman and be temporary like he was, Zenke could replace Galdo and Marianna replaces Pippin.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:43 pm

I like how there's the announcement of two new story routes and several new party members and people are going "NOPE, NOT ENOUGH NEW CONTENT FOR ME".
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Let those peeps complain. It's impossible to please everyone.
Spoiler:

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:19 pm

I need to read the actual article since the speculation has been rampant.

metlspaz
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby metlspaz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Daverost wrote:I like how there's the announcement of two new story routes and several new party members and people are going "NOPE, NOT ENOUGH NEW CONTENT FOR ME".

unless they increase the party from 3 to 4, then people have a right to do this. Unless you change some core mechanics, don't saturate your game. If they do however change some of these, akin to HDN turning into Rebirth 1, which was a great change, then it would be worth it.

also, It's like paying for the same game twice, which is more for dedicated/diehard fans, of which I do not fall into. I am a casual fan.
It's like a person buying Persona 4, then Persona 4 Golden, if they were not really into the series, then calling them complainers. It is true some are just complaining, but me, Im just opting out after receiving information that turned me off from the opportunity this game could have presented.
To simplify it, think of it like CoD. it's the same game everytime, yet a lot of people on here that are JRPG fanatics, would complain about buying every rendition, but I mean hey, we added a few things right?

All in all, I got the first game, did only the one route I wanted, playing the parts I wanted to hear more about, and I beat this game already. Beating it again is just for brownie points, which don't help my wallet.
Just try thinking of it from another angle.

Although like I said, if it is indeed a different storyline, differing from the original completely, like not Fang, Eryn, Tiara, but a new cast, then I will buy.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:31 pm

metlspaz wrote:also, It's like paying for the same game twice, which is more for dedicated/diehard fans, of which I do not fall into. I am a casual fan.
Can't say I agree with that. Not with straight ports from one to the other, not with remakes, and not with a case like this where you're getting new content and what sounds like some gameplay improvements. Paying for the same game twice would be buying the PS3 version twice. The only major exception is multiplats, and even then, you're still getting the version of the game as it is on a different console.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:34 pm

Daverost wrote:several new party members

Several? I thought only Marianna was actually announced so far.

Anyway, Hopefully the new content proves to be interesting enough. At least the side characters getting more scenes/content around them. The base game itself wasn't exactly something I ever found to be all that entrawling at all.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:38 pm

Right now only Mariano (another name change I didn't know, thanks for the "good localization"...), and the party size in battle is now six (though you can adjust it to three).

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Okay, just making sure. Is it literally up to six party members that can be in battle at the same time, or is it 3 at a time with 3 others in the back row?
Spoiler:

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:24 pm

The report just says "six". Need to see the actual article to check the facts.

metlspaz
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby metlspaz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:55 pm

Seventh wrote:
metlspaz wrote:also, It's like paying for the same game twice, which is more for dedicated/diehard fans, of which I do not fall into. I am a casual fan.
Can't say I agree with that. Not with straight ports from one to the other, not with remakes, and not with a case like this where you're getting new content and what sounds like some gameplay improvements. Paying for the same game twice would be buying the PS3 version twice. The only major exception is multiplats, and even then, you're still getting the version of the game as it is on a different console.

I said like as in a simile, not that it is a de facto thing.
Imagine buying a 2014 car model, then buying a 2015 car model of the same car.
sure it has more perks, and if you have the money or love the car style, go for it. But essentially you are getting a car that is like your car, when you did not need to, as you receive most of the same amenities especially since not too many new technologies would have arrived in that time that would add enough functionality to the car to merit buying both.
If the comparison is hard too understand.. I might be able to use another but then it might be beyond certain people as well. Can't really help that.
Also the idea is from my perspective, claiming the status of casual fan. Hopefully others perspectives are different otherwise we would not have the theory of mind, and things would not be as fun

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Well, considering the thought up to now was that it was a full-fledged sequel, getting the first game with two new routes does seem rather small compared to that.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”