Seventh wrote:- I... actually really like the soundtrack! My only complaint is that it could have been more varied (like some of the dungeons), but the content itself (like the dungeons) was REALLY GOOD in my opinion. There just could have been more of it.
- I get the thing about the Goddesses not being playable, I really do, but in the game itself, it wouldn't make much sense... But that kind of goes to the game's concept, to an extent. When you make a game about the console wars, most people are going to think of the one that's Nintendo vs Sony vs Microsoft. They aren't going to think of the magical one of Sega's dreams where Sega reigns supreme over everyone else, so playing a game based off of that might... not be that fun for them. I mean, Neptune is great and all, but the total lack of interaction between the other three Goddesses in the early game (assuming this even gets fixed later on at all) is just insulting to a game supposedly about the "Console Wars". Even "The Console Wars Fight Piracy" - this kind of completely misses that too, given that getting the three of them is optional for the main plot and all. Really? I wanted to see some Nintendo vs Sony! Sony vs Microsoft! Not Sony REALLY REALLY wants to jump Sega's bones but is in denial and Nintendo hates Sega 4ever!lol!1!!!!
Not that the end result wasn't good, but it really wasn't what I was expecting initially. Even knowing the main character was Sega's Neptune, I... still wasn't expecting the story to revolve around her like this. It's a good thing Neptune is such a likeable character, else I'd fine it REALLY hard not to call out Sega on what they've done here.
- In the context of the game itself, though? I AM actually okay with the Goddesses not being playable right of the bat. You would have to redo a lot for them to be, after all. That said, uh... Given how the "switch" function is sold to you early on, when you physically CAN'T use it until the post-game unless you bought DLC, not to mention how the gameplay is supposedly allll about customization and all, at least one or two other party members somewhat earlier might have been nice. Or, you know, just Nisa and Gust not being DLC.
- I'd say, as far as the battle system goes, just give the players a lot of skills. Even if they're not GOOD skills, having a lot of them would let players want to use combos and things. Give them access to more, you know?
... Also, I want some spinoffs of this! The concept/world is actually really fun and awesome, and I'd be sad to see it die out here. I'd improve it by leaving lots of openings for that, I guess. Leave little openings for Gust/NIS to take over the idea and make their own games based off of it for a huge crazy universe to be built off of the idea.
vampko wrote:Actually you can use the switch command. You just have to rearrange your party order so that someone's in vanguard. It's only possible to put one character in the vanguard until you get more characters, but it still actually IS possible.
I understand the story and everything, but they should have given IF and Compa Limit's, since they're two of the three main characters in the game. And made them overall better than they are. But, they didn't. Plus, the main problem is how the game was advertised. If they had advertised it more as Neptune dealing with the political struggles between everyone, while the evil Arfoire looms in the distance, then I doubt they'd get this many people to complain.
Seventh wrote: it's more like a console harem + self insert on Sega's part.
Justin iZ Here wrote:Seventh wrote: it's more like a console harem + self insert on Sega's part.
Seventh wrote:Just some things that are bugging me:
- Why is it that Neptune's default outfit doesn't really... match the other three Goddesses'? They all seem to have ones that are, overall, very similar. I mean, she doesn't even have a "Goddess Neptune/Purple Heart!" outfit change from what I can tell for when she gets her memories back.
- To that point-- Back on the concept, now that I'm towards the end-game here... This isn't even the console wars OR the consoles fight piracy, which is how it was marketed (or at least how I heard about it) - it's Sega either fighting piracy alone or getting the other companies to do it. ... Okay??? That's kind of... odd. It really is just Sega getting a harem.
It is a REALLY GOOD THING that Neptune is such a likeable character, or I expect this game might be getting some serious feedback for this - but maybe that's just me.
Ghaleon wrote:NIS didn't make the game, they just localized it.
Ghaleon wrote:Also the purpose of this thread is to point ou gripes in a way for possible improvements via constructive criticism (kinda) not to bash anybody, so please don't do that further, at least not in this topic. I was hoping for something that let people critique the game in a positive tone.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests