Should i get it?

The official Last Rebellion Discussion Forum
feza
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Should i get it?

Postby feza » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Hey
This game is on my wishlist among with 15 other games... i just got my ps3 so the ps3 games on my wishlist have been put infront of some of the old ps2 and psp games i still haven't gotten :P

i've read some reviews and to be honest they are not very good. So the question is
is it worth having op in front of the list togeather with
RoF
Cross edge
Valkyria Chronicals
and Agarest

or should it just be removed from the list?

sanzo
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Should i get it?

Postby sanzo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:08 pm

I've been wondering what this game is like and if the reviews have been too harsh. Maybe it's worth renting first, lol. Cross Edge... eh. In my opinion, I thought it would have been better. The original characters are kind of lame and annoying, but if you're a big fan of the NIS, Capcom, etc. characters, then it isn't so painful. The character art is cute and that's the only reason I still have it. XD

Valkyria Chronicles is good. I haven't been playing it much because I've been so preoccupied with NIS games. XD
SLAVES: Gojyo, Mel, Dodge, probably Zatty.

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:35 pm

I'd say give it a rent, because the game isn't for everyone and you'll probably beat it before the rental is up it took me 18 hours and I also got the Platinum trophy for it.

I enjoyed the game it's not the greatest thing but it's pretty decent the characters grow on you as you go along story is pretty simplistic and could of been better but again it's decent, the battle system might be confusing at first but can get the hang of it after the first or second battle.

hedges1001
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby hedges1001 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 am

i highly recommend agarest the VC (VC is second due to rarity) and LR will be on shelves a while until the price becomes reasonable game wanted 45 quid for it!!!!

dan26666
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby dan26666 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:48 pm

If you want a easy platinum then get it.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp- ... -3ict.html

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:47 am

feza wrote:Hey
This game is on my wishlist among with 15 other games... i just got my ps3 so the ps3 games on my wishlist have been put infront of some of the old ps2 and psp games i still haven't gotten :P

i've read some reviews and to be honest they are not very good. So the question is
is it worth having op in front of the list togeather with
RoF
Cross edge
Valkyria Chronicals
and Agarest

or should it just be removed from the list?

Last Rebellion is ok but do think the game is kind of short and that people make it sound worse than what it is. You'll probably need to buy the strategy guide just to know what combinations you need to make to defeat your enemies while getting some pretty nice bonuses that can help level you up. Once you know the right combinations for attacks you can probably beat the game in a day or 2 and there's no New Game + so once you beat the story, defeated all of the cat looking monsters called Orange, and defeat all of the Prinnies and you have yourself a nice platinum trophy.

Valkyria Chronicles is definitely good and only like $20 now at Gamestop. However the sequel on PSP doesn't look all that great or at least just doesn't seem to be awesome like what the 1st game was like but I still will probably end up playing it.

Cross Edge I did enjoy it and with it having a lot of my favorite characters was a definite plus for me kind of like Trinity Universe. Getting the true ending is a pain though and kind of annoying.

Record of Agarest War is good and all but just wish there was a disc copy for PS3 owners with all of that nice limited edition items the 360 version has. Does have an interesting dating sim system to it. The Aksys trailers for it do make it look more perverted than what the game really is. I don't know if it's just me but I just can't seem to be able to play it for countless hours at a time. To me it's like one of those games where you do in fact enjoy the game but just like play like a little at a time but still worth owning even if the 9GB size of the game is kind of much and do need 18GBs space free during the install the game process to your HDD but afterwords just go back to 9GBs.

Resonance of Fate I only played the demo so can't really give out a good answer for that one.

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:51 pm

Its one of those filler skip games. If you seriously look I am sure there is one rpg you havent played better than this one, you would enjoy more.

Wait until september and play atelier rorona (trinity universe is good too)
Twitter - @Stealth___

ammyrodrics

Postby ammyrodrics » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:50 am

Yeah sure..Must go ahead!

Return to “Last Rebellion”