What is your favorite song from the Ar series?

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
Venus
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: What is your favorite song from the Ar series?

Postby Venus » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:31 am

So far it would have to be this track.
PSN: Rena-chan43
XBOX Live: Renachan43

Seicia
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Seicia » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Definitely The Heart Speaks, but EXEC_FLIP_FUSIONSPHERE/. is a close second.

Kazu925
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Kazu925 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Its a toss up for me. I really do like EXEC_HARMONIOUS_FUSION and EXEC_PHANTASMAGORIA along with BASARA. To be honest its hard to even rank the top 5 for me since I like so many of the songs.

As for the Chronicle key, once I saw the videos online to see what the lyrics mean it just has more impact then ever.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:01 am

I have to admit, I was just a little bit disappointed with Qoga, since Ar Tonelico is the only game series that's made me want to pause just to listen to the music.

And then I heard EXEC COSMOFLIPS. o.o Faith restored.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

SinZinDetta
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby SinZinDetta » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:27 pm

I like the tune that plays at the end of a cosmosphere. There was another really nice tune but I do not remember the area it played but it sort of sounded like the velvet room tune in Persona 3/4. Other then that the music is good but not outstanding.

I am talking about part 3. I have not played the other 2

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:47 am

This. It's no contest. it's so full of life and hope, I just love it to death ~
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:13 am

SaturnineTenshi wrote:That's a nice one, vampko. I tend to forget the songs I don't listen to as often as others. A troublesome malady since the AT tunes are altogether brilliant. I forgot to put Implanta on that list. Not only is the song a stirring encounter, but the meaning is just as pleasant.

That's why I have a giant playlist of all the songs I like, called 'bestofthecrop' which is always on shuffle. And then I have a bunch of other playlists for different things. Like how I have a GUST playlist, a Tales playlist, and so on and so forth. I don't really choose to listen to a specific song very often, I just let chance decide for me ~

And, when I heard this song is just moved me more than any of the other songs. I was actually kind of glad she didn't sing hymnnos. I do think hymnnos are REALLY beautiful, but this song just blew me away, and it's nice to hear a folkish and really lively song for once in a game with so many dramatic/sad melody's
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 am

vampko wrote:
SaturnineTenshi wrote:That's a nice one, vampko. I tend to forget the songs I don't listen to as often as others. A troublesome malady since the AT tunes are altogether brilliant. I forgot to put Implanta on that list. Not only is the song a stirring encounter, but the meaning is just as pleasant.

That's why I have a giant playlist of all the songs I like, called 'bestofthecrop' which is always on shuffle. And then I have a bunch of other playlists for different things. Like how I have a GUST playlist, a Tales playlist, and so on and so forth. I don't really choose to listen to a specific song very often, I just let chance decide for me ~

And, when I heard this song is just moved me more than any of the other songs. I was actually kind of glad she didn't sing hymnnos. I do think hymnnos are REALLY beautiful, but this song just blew me away, and it's nice to hear a folkish and really lively song for once in a game with so many dramatic/sad melody's

Although that song it's that way just because Shimotsuki made it. After all, all of her albums have at least one song with the same exact folk style.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:43 am

aquagon wrote:
vampko wrote:

Although that song it's that way just because Shimotsuki made it. After all, all of her albums have at least one song with the same exact folk style.

I'm not sure why you're pointing this out. But, either way, it really doesn't matter, because it was pretty much the only song on the game with that kind of feel. And we were asked which Ar song we liked the best. Of course, I haven't played through Qoga yet, so I am a bit limited on my perspective. I may find a better song in Qoga possibly.
Spoiler:

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:38 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q79Fmv3 ... d#t=01m50s

Oh god.. I need this song...

mild spoilers, intro of the Island of Elemia DLC
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

JerichoDeath
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby JerichoDeath » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:03 pm

I gotta go with:

METHOD_REPLEKIA/.
EXEC_SPHILIA/.
EXEC_HARMONIOUS_FUSION/.
EXEC_DESPEDIA/.

However, I haven't played the third in the series quite yet. So, this may change~

Vampko wrote:QUESTION (completely unrelated): On Random Chat (since that's the only place it is allowed) we are running a forum game known as 'Mafia'. We have someone who signed up that unexpected things happened, and he needs a replacement. The thread is here
It's really fun, and if you wish to know the rules, shoot me, or anyone else on that thread a PM and we will let you know what we can about it.

Thanks for your time ~

Why did I post this quote instead of typing something for myself? Cause I'm lazy, as well as occasionally stupid.

Justice Prinny!
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Justice Prinny! » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 am

Well, I just played Qoga and I have Tonelico II but I'll play it when I get a PS2 again, so far my favorites songs are:

EXEC_FLIP_ARPHAGE/.

EXEC_REBIRTHIA=PROTOCOL/.

EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. <----- The best one in my opinion

METHOD_HYMMELI/. <----- Love this one so much! The intro drums are amazing!
(Co-co-nut! Co-co-nut!) xD
Lady White Heart *o*
Don´t call me that!
Should I call you "whiteypoo" then? :3

Justice kick!

Tykun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Tykun » Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 pm

... like many have said before me... picking one song of the entire Ar Tonelico series that tops all is nearly impossible... so... instead of choosing one song from the entire trilogy... I decided to lessen the blow on myself and just pick one song from each installment...

... I know... I know... this isn't exactly following the rules of the topic... but i'm not having it any other way because i'll feel very guilty next time I hear one of the songs I DIDN'T choose as my top... and so... here it is:

Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia - EXEC_PAJA/.#Misya extracting.

Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica - EXEC_SPHILIA/.

Ar Tonelico Qoga - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/.

... it was hard, yes... but I did it... however... I feel that those who made a very close second place in this list need to at least be recognized for their greatness... and those would be:

Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia's EXEC_LINCA/.

Ar Tonelico Qoga's EXEC_REBIRTHIA=PROTOCOL/.

... I nearly almost tied Cosmoflips and Rebirthia=Protocol... but I had to go back to my Zune library and take a peak at how many times both the songs were played... and that seemed to be an easy win for Cosmoflips... = ='' ... I had no idea I was listening to that one so much...

... none of this matters though... the Hymmnos Concert CDs were made of nothing short of sex sauce and win.
Nollie: T^T Poor Makoto... she ate one acorn too many.
Litchi: ^^; Actually, it was just one BAD acorn. Don't worry, i've taken care of it~

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon May 02, 2011 12:39 pm

After listening to almost all songs, EXEC.Z/ is my absolute favorite.

Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Obake » Tue May 17, 2011 3:45 am

After spending more time with the series, I got it narrowed down to

EXEC_PURGER#Misha_Extracting
Singing Hills ~ Harmonics EOLIA
METHOD_REPLEKIA
EXEC_FLIP_ARPHAGE

with the last 3 in no particular order.

Overall I like the OST from the first game best, followed by Qoga, then the second.

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”