Official Topic

Official Clan of Champions Discussion Forum. Our first Xbox 360 and PC game, also on PS3!
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Official Topic

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 am

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2011/09/tgs11-hands-on-with-clan-of-champions-and-other-nis-news/
the game isn’t without its ‘interesting’ Japanese quirks. One notable feature sees players not only lose their health, but also their armour. Find yourself in a spot of bother and you can expect to be left with nothing more than a loin cloth to cover your unmentionables. Thankfully, our foes also suffer the same embarrassments, and you can even pick up their fallen shields and swords. So, this feature actually has a practical use and isn’t just a gimmick. Basically, get looting, if you want to stay covered up.

The game can be played either alone, in co-op or with up to three players online. There is also an optional three against three head-to-head mode, as well as the option to form parties and create clans over PSN.

Players can play as either a human, elf or orc. Each has their own qualities but we found the human to be the most balanced. There is room, though, to customise both the appearance and stats of your characters, and there are several weapon options.

Players can also focus on and master weapons. The more you use a particular weapon, say a sword, the more skills and moves you will learn.

Acquire plans to heavily support Clan of Champions through DLC, and we expect to have new quests, items and weapons arrive after its release (or on the day of release, judging by current trends).

Clan of Champions actually reminds us a lot of the unremarkable Hunted: The Demon’s Forge. They share many stylistic and thematic ideas. However, with clan support, customisation options and a practical sense of humour, Clan of Champions has the potential to do much better. Let’s hope so.

Gameplay footage
Destructoid's hands-on
ANN's take on it
Japanese Weapons and Character Customization Trailer
More info on Fighting styles

This actually seems really fun. I am pleasantly surprised about this.
Last edited by vampko on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: The OMG where'd my clothes go!? Topic

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:40 am

Japanese Trailer
Seriously, really surprised at how fun this game looks ~

I'm really curious as to how they're going to play out the comedy.

Just for added entertainment :
Gladiator VS (that's the JP name) Variety show : D (Warning, in typical Japanese fashion, there is a guy wearing black underwear in this xD Probably as a nod to the clothing destruction element in the game :lol: )
Last edited by vampko on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:46 am

It isn't interesting and it has been done before.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:57 am

Hrm...I wonder if there will be crossplatform play?
Spoiler:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:46 am

vampko wrote:Hrm...I wonder if there will be crossplatform play?

Unlikely, at least with Xbox Live, which is a closes system that only the terrible, broken, terrible Games for Winaarrgh is allowed to connect to. The only non-Games for Winaarrgh cross-platform online play for anything that's not an MMO I've seen is with Portal 2 over the integration with Steam on PS3s
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:47 am

Ringwraith wrote:
vampko wrote:Hrm...I wonder if there will be crossplatform play?

Unlikely, at least with Xbox Live, which is a closes system that only the terrible, broken, terrible Games for Winaarrgh is allowed to connect to. The only non-Games for Winaarrgh cross-platform online play for anything that's not an MMO I've seen is with Portal 2 over the integration with Steam on PS3s

Yeah, the chances are pretty low for 360 cross platform play, but PC crossplatform might not be entirely implausible.
Spoiler:

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:00 am

i think ppl would jump on dark souls rather than this. in other words this game has a lot of competition going on. i still dont see me getting this ( ill be 1 of the ppl getting dark souls) and i really think nisa should have saved the slot for another jrpg ot tactical strategy game.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:15 am

Dark Souls will be well out by the time this game comes out. Dark Souls is scheduled for next month. This game is scheduled for Spring of next year.
Spoiler:

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:32 am

vampko wrote:Dark Souls will be well out by the time this game comes out. Dark Souls is scheduled for next month. This game is scheduled for Spring of next year.

oh lol XD well than all it takes if for nisa to advertise this game accordingly. maybe pay for it to get a commercial or have G4 review it =P at least get some publicity or something. becasue right now theres only about 3 of us right now giving even half a shit about this game >.>. this flew under people radar real bad.

Chocobo115
Majin
Majin

Postby Chocobo115 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:38 am

Uninteresting game getting indroduced to an uninteresting 360 audience. How fitting.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:40 am

vertical09 wrote:oh lol XD well than all it takes if for nisa to advertise this game accordingly. maybe pay for it to get a commercial or have G4 review it =P at least get some publicity or something. becasue right now theres only about 3 of us right now giving even half a shit about this game >.>. this flew under people radar real bad.

Yep, and I suspect once NISA puts out a trailer, it will suddenly seem MUCH more interesting to people. Until then, I'll continue to find and post information here to the best of my abilities ~

I want to get Dark Souls....but the Vita's coming up...>_<
Spoiler:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Chocobo115 wrote:Uninteresting game getting indroduced to an uninteresting 360 audience. How fitting.

This. If NISA wanted to appeal to the 360/PC gamers, they should've got another game.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:52 pm

I get it Shiz, you don't like the game. It's already coming though. So, can you take your negativity elsewhere please?

I'm excited for this game, and I'm sure when NISA puts out more info, there will be much more interest in this game.

Character Customization and Weapons trailer
Spoiler:

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Shizuka wrote:
Chocobo115 wrote:Uninteresting game getting indroduced to an uninteresting 360 audience. How fitting.

This. If NISA wanted to appeal to the 360/PC gamers, they should've got another game.

360ers wouldnt be happy with nothing seeing as there community is full of raging trolls.
@vampire cat (vampko).. if this game came out near meruru and you had a budget which one would you pick?
i understand that we are ranting the game to hell but i just dont see the ORIGINALITY nisa is known for in this.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:16 pm

vertical09 wrote:
Shizuka wrote:

360ers wouldnt be happy with nothing seeing as there community is full of raging trolls.
@vampire cat (vampko).. if this game came out near meruru and you had a budget which one would you pick?
i understand that we are ranting the game to hell but i just dont see the ORIGINALITY nisa is known for in this.

NISA aren't ones to pick dodgy games up, they're smarter than that, and being not the largest company in the world, can't afford to go ahead on a project that will flounder like a fish out of water. Also, considering we have pretty much nothing to go on, it's a bit early to call anything, not to mention you should be reserving a proper judgement until you have actually played the game. Otherwise you're simply making comments about something you know nothing about.
Also, every community is "made up of" raging trolls, as you find them on any platform and they're the ones that shout the loudest, so they easily drown out all the perfectly well-adjusted people. :|
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Return to “Clan of Champions”