Ar tonelico Information Repository

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Ar tonelico Information Repository

Postby Mlada » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:05 am

Surpisingly enough, I don't recall there being one, as I usually look for that, but I can't say there isn't either. If there is, it's only after you finished the game if there's an extra section, but it'll only show what you viewed during gameplay (like if you did Saki's path, there will be no Finnel path pictures for the most part).

I know the Atelier series has that option, but I guess my love for Qoga was next to none, so I didn't really even bother to check the extras menu after I finished as I was ready to be done with that game (I wanted to finish it once at least, and I got pissed about missing one obscure event in Saki's cosmosphere that kept me from getting that trophy for it...not to mention I was eager to get back to Dragon Age II).

Have you finished the game yet? If so, the "Extra" menu option appears on the title screen after you save a cleared file from finishing the game...

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:38 pm

The extras menu most certainly has every CG you've seen ever as long as your system data stayed in tact.

Or something like that.

But, there's not any 'in-game' way like in HDN or something of the sort.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:20 pm

SaturnineTenshi wrote:Aquagon is a god among Ar tonelico fans. So much wouldn't reach us quarter to half-moonspeakers otherwise.

Related: I'm relinquishing any claim to updating the Tilia page. I cannot continue to say I'm going to do it when I have so many other things I'd rather/need to take care of. Apologies, aquagon. : \

Hehe, thanks for these compliments.
And no worries, since I've been off updating the wiki (mostly making pages for the dungeons with maps taken from the JP guides) since some days ago. To put it simply, I'm taking a short break while I continue working on a personal project.

pandahao
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby pandahao » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:32 pm

im actually just following the guide on gamefaqs, i've gotten bad end and Finnels normal, currently working on finnel's true end. And you say if i do finnels end theres no saki's? Is it possible if i do finnels end , make NG+ then do saki's end ill get both route's cg's?

Edit: question, let say i did a bad end route on Save number 1, and then loaded Save number 2 (split file) and then did Finnels normal route and overwrote Save number 1's clear data. Will i still get the CG's unlocked in bad end when i go to NG + ?

Edit 2: oh are there any ar tonelico merchandises? 8-)
PSN: toma789

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:03 pm

I think all that matters is that if you save on the same clear data file, then I think so, but I can't say for certain. I didn't do much with Qoga.

But I do know something weird happened with my Totori game that I can't figure out. I played the game the first time through and got the normal ending and also the Rorona end. I saved the clear data, checked the images and clearly saw a normal end picture and Rorona end. I did the NG+, accomplished everything to be done on the second playthrough, got the true ending and all the other endings while saving each time. After the last ending, I go back to the Extras, and I have all the pictures I got, but the Normal ending picture disappeared, while Rorona's ending still remained...WTF?

So in short, don't be surprised if you might miss an image you know you've seen, as sometimes glitches happen I think. Not entirely sure if anyone encountered anything like this with Qoga, but Rorona's Images had a horrible glitch that kept all images from showing up unless you updated the saved data by changing something in the option menu after viewing an image. Totori might have had something given my current issue. Qoga I just don't know as I didn't even bother with it.

Merchandise? I'm going to go with stuff that can still be found, as anything released by Salburg is nearly impossible to find even from the beginning given how strictly they deal with the Japanese Market only. For Qoga, the only merchandise I know of are art books. Ar tonelico 2 had a figure of each of the two maidens, Chroche and Ruka. They are very nice I might add (Chroche I know for sure since I own that one). Also available are art books. Ar tonelico 1, art books again. Of course, all three have Soundtracks, both of the game music, and the Hymmnos works. There's 1 ost for each game, and 2 Hymmnos CD's for each game. Maybe there's more readily available, but I know that's all I've had luck for finding official goodies...

So pretty much, soundtracks and art books, but at least AT2 had PVC figures...

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:36 am

Don't forget there was a manga for 1 and 2 as well, about 3 volumes each if I remember correctly.

Awaking in 2014...

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:20 am

Oh yeah, that's right...unfortunately I can't read Japanese, so I never got them, but I do know that some people will still collect them even if they don't understand it without translation sites...So yeah, that's something else...

pandahao
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby pandahao » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:48 pm

actually as of now, theres 2 volumes for qoga which ill be getting shortly :D i just love this game 2 much, and mangas pretty easy if u know some jap and the pictures pretty much confirms ur guess with the words :D

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:00 am

Mlada wrote:Oh yeah, that's right...unfortunately I can't read Japanese, so I never got them, but I do know that some people will still collect them even if they don't understand it without translation sites...So yeah, that's something else...

actually they were fan-translated. And Aqua actually helped out with some of them too!

Awaking in 2014...

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:23 am

leinaud wrote:
Mlada wrote:Oh yeah, that's right...unfortunately I can't read Japanese, so I never got them, but I do know that some people will still collect them even if they don't understand it without translation sites...So yeah, that's something else...

actually they were fan-translated. And Aqua actually helped out with some of them too!

Yeah, I knew about that. I'm just weird about manga and games. If it's not translated in the book or the game, I get distracted easily or might not feel an immediate impact to what I'm reading...so I usually don't bother with it. But that's just a personal quirk of mine, which is actually a bummer in itself, because there are manga and games I'd love to play that I know I'll probably never see get brought over here...like this manga or the second Miles Edgeworth game from the Ace Attorney series...

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:36 am

ahh, I see. Well you aren't missing out too much. THe manga are okay. The first is an alternate story which is weird and feels rushed and the second is just a retelling of the game following one of the girls' paths.

Awaking in 2014...

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:33 am

Yeah, I heard about the AT2 manga treatment, and I don't know I'd go for it given that I couldn't stand her character (at least when compared to the other maiden in which I adore)...

pandahao
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby pandahao » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:03 pm

hey guys i was just playing Tyria's CS3 andddd is it just me or is the voice really not in sync with the text?

pandahao
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby pandahao » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:08 pm

nope im talking about these if ur asking me :X

xelement5x
Vassal
Vassal

Postby xelement5x » Mon May 14, 2012 10:37 am

I was looking around for Ar Tonelico Merchandise today and I came across this shirt:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250935509560

Is this a legit NISA/Gust item or just a knockoff? It looks like all the seller makes are t-shirts so I figured it was possible they had licensing, and since they're in the US I figured it wouldn't be just a counterfeit.

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”